Breaking News- Plane crash in Buffalo

Two or less

I know a few people out in that immediate area, not the houses that were hit, though, thankfully, as far as I know. Seems like only two houses were hit, so, mercifully, the scope was minimized. The stories I'm hearing on the news - family of three, mother and child (possibly daughter) wandering the street, child calling for "daddy". And those people at the airport. Very sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyibzB_f5E

This one's kinda tough to watch, you can hear people screaming and it's taken just before the first responders are on scene. From what I'm hearing, the mother and daughter were actually IN the house that was hit (?) but they made it out. Another occupant did not. The woman and child were the 2 people taken to the hospital, but with minor injuries. If this is the case, that's incredible that they were able to make it out of there.

This one's kinda tough to watch, you can hear people screaming and it's taken just before the first responders are on scene. From what I'm hearing, the mother and daughter were actually IN the house that was hit (?) but they made it out. Another occupant did not. The woman and child were the 2 people taken to the hospital, but with minor injuries. If this is the case, that's incredible that they were able to make it out of there.

"I don't know where my husband is"

I'm guessing he's the one on the ground that didn't make it out. Simply horrible.

The link worked for me. Thanks.

The friend I have that lives about a block away said the plane was in flames prior to impact...

This is usually "urban legend" surrounding every single plane crash. The mind can't process what it just saw. I just wish people who didn't see anything would shut up and stay off TV. And I wish the cameras would stay away from the families.

Thoughts and best wishes to WNY from your friends south of the border.

Most times, sports are a great escape from reality.

Events like this put things in perspective as to how inconsequential W's and L's really are.

A couple of the photos of family at the airport are heartbreaking (couldn't come up with a better word though it doesn't begin to describe.)

I was in complete shock when I learned of this horrific event this morning. My thoughts and prayers go to all people who have some type of relation to this tragedy.

It really shows how a number of things in our lives don't have true importance or value. Hockey is an example.

This is usually "urban legend" surrounding every single plane crash. The mind can't process what it just saw. I just wish people who didn't see anything would shut up and stay off TV. And I wish the cameras would stay away from the families.

/quote]

My cousin lives about a block away from the crash site. My thoughts and prayers to victims and their families in this tragedy. I agree with PA about the friggin news crews putting cameras in front of people who lost a loved one and asking foolish questions.

Archived