GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Well it's a Versus game so be prepared to endure 3 hours of Malkin/Crosby . Pittsburgh has been playing poorly and the Sabres have been playing well so I predict a close win. Any chance Lalime gets the start?

Well according to TBN, Lalime will play either Friday against Washington or Saturday against the Islanders, and Miller will likely play tonight.

Currently, we are on the outside of the playoff race looking in. Carolina passed us last night, but we have this game at hand. Florida closed the gap to within two points last night. What is surprising, though, is that we can actually tie these professional crybabies tonight with a win, though they still have a game at hand.

Let's go Sabres!

A couple of things I would like to see tonight...Max in the press box. I have backed him all year even through his awful struggles, but that giveaway in OT against Montreal was the last straw. I'd like to see Miller in net yet again tonight. With three nights off upcoming, really no excuse as he is playing lights out in my opinion last few games. A good game out of Kotalik. Since he's returned from his injury, not quite the same. I'd really like to see him break out. And of course, most of all, a grind it out victory against these fools! Possibly some return calls from the last Pittsburgh game where they tried to give them the game! Let's go Sabres!

I smell another "fancy" home game coming up on the heels of two good efforts.

This team gets overconfident like nobody else in this league :wallbash:

Go on guys - Make me eat my words. I dare ya.

I hope your wrong because that will guarantee a loss. Therian has been riding these boys hard about their effort and the papers here have allot of the Penguins lamenting their poor efforts and chomping at the bit to get back out on the ice to get the bad tatse out of their mouths of losing so pathetically, so I expect the Pens to come out flying tonight.

We will need Miller to have a game like Fridays and our team to capatilize on our chances. I have a lunch bet on the game w/some co-workers so Bflo better make the home ice count.. I expect a hard fought game not to different than Saturdays Montreal howver I would like to see us on the high side of a 4-3 victory... Go Buffalo...

So who would we rather see playing tonight?

Kaleta if he's healthy?

or Max ?

and what's up with Goose getting nailed in the head with a puck at practice and missing games with the ol' upper body injury" how bad was he hit?

and don't forget to switch the TiVo/DVR to Versus.

I'm worried about this one. The bus ride the Pens took from Pittsburgh, although reportedly necessitated by the weather, sounds like an old-fashioned coaching gimmick. I imagine there was a lot of male bonding taking place, especially toward the back. No, seriously, it just sounds like a great way to release the pressure and freshen things up. Lindy doesn't do enough stuff like that anymore. He's taken teams for walks before games, in Ottawa, taken them to the Vietnam Memorial.

I should be more worried that the Sabres will have no answer for Malkin and Crosby and that they'll keep tweaking the penguin's nose on Fleury's chest all night.

So who would we rather see playing tonight?

Kaleta if he's healthy?

or Max ?

The only place Max should ever play is on the top 2 lines. Putting him out there with Ellis and Peters (or whever recent combination they've had) is pointless. He hasn't earned a spot up on those top 2 lines, so the press box it is.

Ugh Miller should NOT be starting this game tonight. :wallbash: We've been playing well against the Pens this year, Lalime should be in.

Maybe Lindy just wants to ride Miller till he screws up.

Please Please Please make Crosby whine like a little girl tonight. I love it so much. :wub:

Do we see this side of Crosby tonight?

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

and 2 minutes for roughing. Nice real nice.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Never saw that game or play before this,, wow a whack to the sacralliac and only two minutes, nice. :blink:

Well unfortunately since Miller blew the whistle on the mean old swearing referee's, I expect the uneven officiating to continue for us tonight....

Now Lindy is the time to pull out that us against them speech like in slapshot, problem is who is our hanson brother on this team that would go out and do something about it........ :rolleyes: ... Naw just kidding we would rather trade chances with these guy's which is probably better right...

kind of funny -- going back to the Avery thing, where I was saying had the media not made a big deal about it we wouldn't even have heard his comments, and it was stupid for the NHL to make as big of a deal as it did... now we get this, where (four days AFTER the event) i'm just now seeing the video for the first time. j/w, you think if this had been on tsn or yahoo or any major news/sports site, would Crosby be suspended by now (or at all) ?

Archived