GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

That was clearly over the crossbar. But first goal in 10 games and have it be the OT winner? Can't pass that up.

All of that said, we need to show up when we're a man up. Our PP isn't as atrocious as last year (SHG, anyone?), but there were too many chances that we didn't do sh*t on.

High stick from anyone points of view, but it's sidney, come on, like we'd get that call.

Unbelievable.

And yet, because it's Crosby, quite believable.

that was BS, it was so obvious that the stick was above the bar....of course it had to be Crosby hitting it, so we don't get the call....

On a more irritating note...what is this teams problem with holding a 1 goal 3rd period lead?

That about sums it up...

He was up on his toes (as much as you can do that on skates) and the blade was on level with his shoulders. How the f**k is that not above the crossbar? It's not like he's Nathan Gerbe!

Screw that! Even if he were Nathan Gerbe in that same position his blade would have been above the crossbar.

That call was just another example of why the officiating is a joke in this league. A bleeping joke. There's one set of rules for everyone and another for their anointed star. I am completely disgusted.

I hate to do this, with my reputation as contrarian and all. But I call em like I em. That was too close to call. From the overhead angle, it's just not obvious enough. For those who say it was clearly this or that, it's just your emotions talking.

Story of the night: Vanek has chance after chance and can't score, ends up -3. Crosby is invisible, gets one chance and wins the game. There's the difference between very good and great players.

Fleury was outstanding. Miller was Miller.

It's been almost one calendar year of this torture, going back to the Winter Classic. It's almost as worn out as my schtick.

I hate to do this, with my reputation as contrarian and all. But I call em like I em. That was too close to call. From the overhead angle, it's just not obvious enough. For those who say it was clearly this or that, it's just your emotions talking.

Story of the night: Vanek has chance after chance and can't score, ends up -3. Crosby is invisible, gets one chance and wins the game. There's the difference between very good and great players.

Fleury was outstanding. Miller was Miller.

It's been almost one calendar year of this torture, going back to the Winter Classic. It's almost as worn out as my schtick.

I agree with most of what you say, but Vanek getting the chances is just good. When he isn't getting chance that's the time to criticize

Among my great many talents, perspective/depth perception is at the top of the list. There is no way on God's green Earth that was a goal. Not even close. I'm saying 8.6 inches +/- 0.1 inches over the bar.

Archived