Game Discussion Thread

darksabre

I guess I'll take this one. *shrug*

This should be a true test of the Sabres tonight. Lindy is preaching a new approach and Rivet seems to be pushing it.

Lydman and Roy might be out.

Rivet should be back.

Kaleta, Connolly, and maybe Peters are out.

We've got injuries and a team that is low on spirit, and a coach doing all he can to make something out of it.

This wont be a close game. We either win it or lose it, and it will be done convincingly.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjy_LW8DGM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjy_LW8DGM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well, it's technically gameday, and I've never started one of these, so let's hope we can have some luck.

Somewhat interesting is the fact that South Florida apparently still has an NHL team. They're a plucky and wily bunch down there, noted for their love of ice hockey, right behind greyhound racing, jai-alai, and football--both college (Miami) and semi-pro (Miami). Does Scott Mellanby still play there? Do they still throw plastic rats and party like it's 1996?

Well, it's technically gameday, and I've never started one of these, so let's hope we can have some luck.

Somewhat interesting is the fact that South Florida apparently still has an NHL team. They're a plucky and wily bunch down there, noted for their love of ice hockey, right behind greyhound racing, jai-alai, and football--both college (Miami) and semi-pro (Miami). Does Scott Mellanby still play there? Do they still throw plastic rats and party like it's 1996?

Dammit, I got beat, again. Mods, please delete this; I'll make my remarks in the thread that started at 1:09.

There is a small chance that we might see Butler's NHL debut tonight. It would require that Rivet and Lydman both be out and Weber's own health problems keep him from being called up, but it is possible.

What is going on with Weber being listed as having "medical issues"? :blink:

Perhaps I should have posted this in the complaint thread, but I hate the fact that I'm now filled with dread on game days instead of excitement. Weber? Butler? Paetsch? What's the GD difference? This team, like last year's team, is going to continue to struggle to score and to lose the tight games in the 3rd period unless and until they bring in the tough veteran center we all know they need.

All right start of the second season, new slate....... Man how dumb that sounds :unsure:

but hey if it works Lindy for Jack Adams however it's the same meatheads on the ice now saying they just need to get their game back(1st ten) which makes me wonder where did it go (home for the Holidays) ? Why did it leave (a little too much Partayyyy) ?

Methinks the comments from Lindy about it's better going on the road at a time like this are a little telling.... Anyway things to watch,

1.) Do they respond and who does ?

2.) Does the new slate start like the old finished ?

3.) How many more losses like Monday before the Coach just up and quits ? Or more posters here call for a change ?

4.) Do the boys come back all tanned ?

5.) Do we really have a goalie who can steal a game ?

6.) Is Toccet taking the over or under on Sats game ?

7.) Will I regret getting Center Ice and getting to see this all now first hand ?

Stay tuned for answers to these questions and more with this weeks slate of How the Sabres Lines juggle..

And oh yeah, Florida 4 Bflo 1...( i guess i'm just not buying this clean slate thing)

Enough of the bravado already with Rivet. Somebody "competent" from the Sabres medical staff needs to thoroughly examine his knee and come up with a treatment plan. He's in, he's out. One day he is practicing, the next he is not. We have enough injury theatrics with the tinman. I don't think we need to go through the same thing with Rivet.

Don't care who plays, who tends goal, who hits, who gets hit, who turns the puck over the most, who loses the most board battles, just friggin' WIN!!!

For me, nobody has a number on their jersey tonight, if they lose, they ALL lose, and if thwy win same deal.

Just get it done!

If I'm Cappy, I'm showing up in the locker room tonight with a pair of electric clippers, some razors and a rally speech. All these girly men and individuals need to forget how special they are. Everyone buzzes their heads into mohawks. And if anyone has a problem they can get the hell out. We don't need a team of primadonnas, we need warriors.

You call up Weber, but will now sit him? Would it really hurt to sit Teppo down for a game or two with the reason being nothing more than "YOU ARE OLD"! :wallbash:

http://www.wgr550.com/Lydman-Will-Play--Ri...Tonight/3433943

Looking at the Pirates website, I see games coming up on friday, saturday, sunday, and tuesday. I'm willing to bet that has something to do with it. He's the best option to call up in an emergency role, but they'd probably like to avoid having him play 5 games in 6 days. I'm sure you still won't like it, but I bet that's a part of their reasoning.

On a side note, Portland and Manchester up in Alfond Arena on tuesday. That's pretty cool.

Archived