Game Discussion Thread

darksabre

It is blatantly clear that the biggest problem for this team right now is transition defense. They have been exposed as a team that if you get to start running and gunning, they will let you score on the transition. The Sabres absolutely must work on their transition defense. This is ridiculous, two transition goals in under a minute.

And, this team is so streaky that they are in a huge funk where they cannot score anything. They need much more consistency on offense, this is horrible. I know I'm stating the obvious, but the goal scorers on this team have got to step up and score goals.

I love how Nathan Paetsch is the interview and most likely will be benched for the entire third period for the mistake and not coming back soon enough on the second goal. Awful. Watch the third, I predict Teppo and Paetsch will be benched in the third.

Miller has made some great saves this period..

Uh huh. The great, elite Ryan Miller, eh?

If we can't have changes on the ice, can we at least leave Harry Neale behind on this road trip? My God. After the Panthers' second goal, he said, "And the Panthers put this one... under control." You know he wanted to say "away"! Over 20 minutes to play, and he thinks the game is over. Why would the Sabres, who have always hired shills, want this burnout bumming out the fans?

Any other team in this bad of a situation would can the coach this week........I'm not blaming Ruff for this, but it seems a new direction may be the only answer.

:cry:

It is blatantly clear that the biggest problem for this team right now is transition defense. They have been exposed as a team that if you get to start running and gunning, they will let you score on the transition. The Sabres absolutely must work on their transition defense. This is ridiculous, two transition goals in under a minute.

And, this team is so streaky that they are in a huge funk where they cannot score anything. They need much more consistency on offense, this is horrible. I know I'm stating the obvious, but the goal scorers on this team have got to step up and score goals.

I love how Nathan Paetsch is the interview and most likely will be benched for the entire third period for the mistake and not coming back soon enough on the second goal. Awful. Watch the third, I predict Teppo and Paetsch will be benched in the third.

It would also be nice if Miller could keep this skates on those cross-ice back door passes every team in the league is using against him.

Well after watching that about Zednik, all i can say is, if i need to get carted to a hospital, I'm going to buffalo general. I mean come on, Zednik with his sliced artery and Everett with his spinal cord injury and wasn't sure if he was gonna walk again.

Glad we have something to be proud of.

Any other team in this bad of a situation would can the coach this week........I'm not blaming Ruff for this, but it seems a new direction may be the only answer.

Its not the coaching..Its the front office..We have dwindled the talent on this team to almost nothing...Darcy has put the weight of this team on his ability to draft and produce young talent..He has let leave all the veteran talent on this roster that was worth a damn..And he is betting the future of this team on his young talent..Its cheaper and they dont have to worry about the building being empty so they can afford to lose a few seasons till they develop..The problem is that if the young players flop like they are now we are screwed

why have the hockey gods saw fit to look down on our beloved Sabres so badly...It's not bad enough that we let some decent talent slip thru our fingers....not bad enough that we have a FO that has their hands tied...not bad enough that we have a goal tender who maybe possesses the talent to be great but hasn't realized it yet...not bad enough that we made it to the conference finals against an INFERIOR carolina team only to have injuries decimate the defense including the rarest of issues take out our best defender the night before game 7...not bad enough that for the last 3 years we appear to have the young talent it takes to be really good (if not great)...and now, tonight, in a battle of what has become cellar-dwellers, former BUFFALO SABRES prospect Keith Ballard sticks a dagger into our figurative backs. DAMN YOU HOCKEY GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can't get any worse than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMITE ME OH MIGHTY SMITER!!!!

IT's TIME FOR A SHOW DOWN!!!! JUST YOU AND ME!!!!!!! IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!!!!!!

LET's GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHAKE THE F@CK OUT OF THIS F@CKING FUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruff has played his last card. Only loyalty is keeping him behind the bench now. The good old good old boy network. Everyone wins but us schmucks.

It would also be nice if Miller could keep this skates on those cross-ice back door passes every team in the league is using against him.

I don't think Miller is excused from blame either as he absolutely must stop the Ballard goal. That's a save that he has to make whether Teppo is there or not. The first goal by Campbell is all on the defense. There was absolutely no one taking the man on the backdoor and the pass got through and he had a wide open net to shoot at. Even if Miller gets back across the crease, it'd be a pretty amazing save on Campbell. But, he does have to stop Ballard's goal.

Its not the coaching..Its the front office..We have dwindled the talent on this team to almost nothing...Darcy has put the weight of this team on his ability to draft and produce young talent..He has let leave all the veteran talent on this roster that was worth a damn..And he is betting the future of this team on his young talent..Its cheaper and they dont have to worry about the building being empty so they can afford to lose a few seasons till they develop..The problem is that if the young players flop like they are now we are screwed

I think that's a great point, but wouldn't the thought be to get another coach in here that can get that talent we do have producing? You can't change the young players, they are going to be here awhile. How long do you wait for it to be clear Ruff isn't the one that's going to get them to the next level?

not bad enough that we have a goal tender who maybe possesses the talent to be great but hasn't realized it yet

Yet is the key word. Kid is only 28. I wouldn't worry about him being 22nd in save percentage and 18th in GAA. When this guy grows up, look out.

No defense, no scoring, no goaltending............................no playoffs.

True that and really playing like this they do not deserve it.

I got a better one..Drury, Briere, Campbell, Dumont, Mckee, Grier for Rivet

Might be funny if it wasn't so overused on the players we let go form nothing already and mainly it does not help the situation because their is no going back.

He is not earning his new contract, he went down and stacked the pads on that first one when their was no need too, he needed to stay up step across the crease and face the shooter but then again he has been going down way to soon on way too many shots instead of keeping his big frame blocking as much of the net as he can.

Archived