[OT] Favorite Random Sports Memorabilia You've Got

Taro T

Just out of curiosity, wondering what people have that they really appreciate. As I mentioned in another thread, I've got a seat from the Aud that sits next to my pool table. Got some other reasonable hockey stuff, but I also have an "official" XFL football. It's actually a pretty nice football and I only paid about $5 for it.

My youngest has a soccer ball autographed by the Lady Rhinos. (That's a soccer team in Ra-cha-cha for the uninitiated.) Yeah, I agree, the XFL ball is cooler. <_<

MY GF got me a framed Sabres photo, the one on the Plaza walkway, and it hangs on my wall, it's the team which won the President's Trophy. I got some other cool stuff, but thats my favorite, because that team was unreal. Best team my two eyes have ever seen and maybe ever will. Biron, Drury, Novotny, Briere all on it. That was a team.

Novotny?

For me it would have to be my ticket stubs from my first Sabres game. It was the game that got postponed because the Jumbo Tron fell. :rolleyes:

It was on March 17th, 1997. St. Patty's day weekend. There was a really drunk guy who got thrown out for hitting a kid in the face with a t-shirt. Rob Ray got his 2000th Penalty Minute that night. And the Sabres beat the Bruins 4-1.

Got to see this beaut: http://hockeyfights.com/fights/7083

I've been hooked ever since. :wub:

Not entirely random, but a little usual. I have Derek Roy's game-worn black (goat head) jersey from the 2002-03 preseason. It was his first NHL preseason and, after playing well in it, he went back to the Kitchener Rangers, captaining them to the Memorial Cup win and receiving the Stafford Smythe trophy as the MVP. The jersey has the original LOA and has been photo-matched to three separate photos using two distinct stick/puck marks. It's size 50, which as far as I know, he only wore that year, switching to a 52 from then on. They played at home first (white jerseys), so technically this is the second NHL jersey that he ever wore in a game, but is from his first set. It is, by far, my favorite piece of sports memorabilia.

official baseball from the 1999 all star game in fenway park. granted, it was used in batting practice, but it's got the mud on it and everything. red and blue stitches, game logo stamp, etc. i bought a ticket the day of the game (after 6 hours in line) and stood in the left field grandstand with a friend. jose lima shagged it and tossed it right at us. it was the only time i've ever taken a glove to a game, and i'm glad i did. i like it. oh, and roger got booed, ted williams came out on the field, and pedro struck out the first five batters.

after the game, i wandered down behind home plate and walked past a dude in a wheelchair who was talking to a few other people. i heard the phrase "so when are you going to come play for the leafs?" as i passed them and thought, "what an odd statement to hear at a baseball game." i turned around and saw brendan shanahan standing in front of me. i mentioned this to my buddy, and he said "do you want a picture with him?" i replied "hell no, i hate his guts." [i didn't like the way he forced his way out of hartford after what...half a season?] "but i do want my picture with the guy standing next to him!" it was none other than steve yzerman. shook his hand, got the photo, he couldn't have been nicer. a good night.

this one's easy... my dad gave me a 92-93 game worn home (blue & gold) rob ray jersey. it's a size 60 and has been hemmed twice on the body and once on each sleeve. it's the weirdest fitting jersey ever. very short and very baggy. after a game in 97 against the canes when they were still playing in greensboro, i got to meet rob on his way to the bus, and showed him my jersey. he thought it was really cool that i had it and proceeded to tell me all the crap he did to that thing so it would come off easier during fights - huge sleeves, short body, cut up collar, places where he sewed the shoulder pads in.

that's easily my favorite piece of memorabilia.

I have quite a bit of stuff, but this is about as random as it gets ... and I just got it a couple weeks ago ... it's an old poster from Erie Savings Bank (The Big E!) that is kind of split into thirds with pictures of the Bills, Sabres and Braves from like 1977 or 1978 ... the pictures are totally random, not necessarily of the good players, and normally I would not have given it a second look when I saw it on eBay ...

But when I was a kid, the EXACT same poster used to hang in the office of the bowling alley my grandfather ran in Buffalo, the Roc-Mar (anyone remember it? It used to be where the Tops is now right off the Grant Street exit of the Scajaduada). Anyway, I think that poster stayed in there from like 1978 until they closed it in 1986 or so ... when we were kids we pretty much had the run of the place, it was a fun place to grow up. So now I feel like I have a piece of it even though it is long gone.

I have a Sabres t-shirt signed by Jay McKee that I won at the Sabres Carnival (remember that thing?) about 8 years ago. I also kept the pom-poms from the 8-0 playoff beating of the Flyers. I think those classify as random.

The coolest thing I have is a hockey stick signed by the entire 87-88 Sabres team.

I have a bunch of cool stuff... The coolest I think is actually my dad's but anyway

its a game worn Mario Limieux white jersey and there's dried blood on the shoulder. Often wondered if I were to somehow use it to clone myself a child prodigy if i'd get him or someone else who got their blood on his jersey. It's in the position where you'd wipe blood off of your lip or something onto your shoulder so who knows.

Theres also a game worn Black Kings Gretzky he got in some auction or something a long time ago.

Various autographed sticks... A couple Gordie Howe's, a Bobby Hull...

A Whitey Ford autographed Yankees hat and picture...

Can't think of anything else really cool, A couple autographed Hockey cards but nobody really that good or interesting (unless you really like Kirk McClean)... Theres some other crap I can't think of.. some old Bills autographs, I know my dad played golf with Pete Metzelaars I think it was and got a few... Noone in my family are really Bills fans though.

We had first row Reds, in the Aud. Only two seats. My dad, mom and me were sitting in them, but when the guy claimed his seat, my dad had to leave and go to his extra bought seat which were middle Blues. My dad finds his seat, they drop the puck, a Sabre steps on it while pushing it back to the point, shot is taken and the goalie saves it with the stick, only to "Pop Fly" outta the rink (no safety screen back then) and it happens to land right in my dad's lap after he just sat down about 30 seconds ago. He gave me the puck which has a very noticeable skate blade mark on it. Not worth anything, only in sentimental value and Aud memories. It sits in my trophy case to this day.

I also have a autograph photo signed in person from Jim Craig (US Olympic Goalie - Miracle). Great stuff!

I have a hairball that Dom hacked up outside a joint on the Chip Strip. People forget he was a fastidious groomer and licked himself clean after every game. I might just put the wad on eBay and sit what it fetches. Does it help that it looks like the Virgin Mary?

I have an autographed baseball from either the 1930 or 31 Yankees which includes both Babe Ruth's and Lou Gehrig's autographs, along with all the rest of the Yankees. I got it from my dad after he died; he never told me how he got it (he was born in 1930).

I have an autographed baseball from either the 1930 or 31 Yankees which includes both Babe Ruth's and Lou Gehrig's autographs, along with all the rest of the Yankees. I got it from my dad after he died; he never told me how he got it (he was born in 1930).

Dude that's worth like 50G's. Where do you live? lol. Hope you have that insured.

I love all my memorabilia. My favorite game used jerseys are my Stu Barnes home debut jersey that was also worn in the playoffs and Eastern Conference Finals in 1999. Then it's my Briere home black jersey with A worn during the 03-04 season. I also love my Craig Rivet home MTL gamer from 03-04 along with all my game used sticks. Here is a link to all my game worn and used memorabilia: http://community.webshots.com/user/outlaw16511

I have a hairball that Dom hacked up outside a joint on the Chip Strip. People forget he was a fastidious groomer and licked himself clean after every game. I might just put the wad on eBay and sit what it fetches. Does it help that it looks like the Virgin Mary?

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Thats sic

Archived