Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

16 minutes ago, josie said:

Complaint's ain't open so my tiny kvetches go here 

Another family friend has breast cancer. I feel like I know more people with breast or ovarian than without right now ? 

tiny but frustrating: a client I've been working for at work is a real pill. Which is fine, it happens... but they cut all women out of the meetings, refuse to speak to any of us except a guy... so I told my colleague to just refer to me in calls as "Jo(e) the designer"... minute we started doing that and using male pronouns instead of calling me Josie they got a lot nicer. They're still awful to the female contact they're supposed to be working with, though.

This is far from the only client like that, too. Most of them are in their 60s who act like that... these fine gents are in their 30s/40s. 

To the bolded, really can't wrap my head around how pinheaded people can be.  Glad your pronoun trick worked; stinks that you need to do that.

LTS is right, if your company can afford to dump them probably will be the best outcome LT.

Saddened that your friends are having such rotten health. 

18 minutes ago, LTS said:

I'd dump the client in less than a heartbeat if I were on a position to do so.  I wouldn't need nor want business from anyone like that.  I know you can't, but if I were in charge of the company, I wouldn't let my employees be subjected to kind of BS.

Yeah... we all want to drop them but money's money... as a result we have a lot of not so nice clients. Turnover with the team that directly works with them has been super high in the last year.

We've had one client who was the same way but opposite gender- they wouldn't work with one of our head guys, would only work with women. 

It's just mind blowing to me that you would rule out good work/talent based on something like that. Or any reason other than actual performance/personality based criticism. 

41 minutes ago, josie said:

Complaint's ain't open so my tiny kvetches go here 

Another family friend has breast cancer. I feel like I know more people with breast or ovarian than without right now ? 

My aunt is headed to palliative care. Just found out her cancer had returned last week and she’s already here.

She was the baby of her family. My mom was the oldest with three boys in between. She’s only 10 years older than me.

They were tight and seeing her about to go the same way is not easy.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Apparently the USPS can literally throw stuff out if they can't find your address. So that was fun 

Also pulled my back playing kickball Tuesday. I never knew what back pain felt like, this is crippling 

When we did kickball during undergrad spring weekend, I did the same thing. I somehow got back to my dorm room, laid down, and couldn't get up again for hours 

So met with my Urologist have an appt on Tues with Oncologist but based on what he said it looks like im headed for chemo and possible rad therapy ?  No more playing hockey this summer if that holds true.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

So met with my Urologist have an appt on Tues with Oncologist but based on what he said it looks like im headed for chemo and possible rad therapy ?  No more playing hockey this summer if that holds true.

I'm sorry to hear that man. ?

Heavy, heavy stuff in here.

Will keep all in my thoughts and prayers.

+++++

Not real heavy, but ...

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, well maybe.  I really miss my wife.  She is setting up the new house, while I am (mostly) camped at the old house ... working and fixing stuff and coordinating work crews to address the stuff I can't do, or don't have time for.  Two houses is not easy in many ways.

• Thanks (+1) 1

My neighborhood has an unnatural hatred of door-to-door soliciting.  I know it can be annoying, but there's nothing forcing you to stay out there and continue to listen to them.  Each time one shows up, the whole neighborhood starts to post in the facebook page warning each other and then the same old fight starts up (or so the wife tells me, I abandoned facebook a while ago).

Apparently yesterday something escalated to the point of both the resident (who is an a-hole) and the door-to-door guy both threatening to call the police on the other.  The resident was physically threatening the guy and then bragged about it on the page.  The wife showed me all of it and it was horrifically stupid.  And all because a handful of people can't handle a simple two step process:
1. Say no
2. Close door

Then there's the even easier process:
1. Don't open door

It's not hard, people.  You don't want to deal with something?  Don't.

Me personally?  I like to mess with these door-to-door people, who are usually bug treatment companies.  They show me a list of people who have signed up, so I go through a long response of "Who?  The guy over there?  Never heard of him.  Wait, the guy on the corner?  Don't know him..."  My other favorite is when they ask who my current service is through (none of their damn business), I say that I can't remember the specific name.  Then I say it's something like RANDOM NAME, and they immediately tell me how that company is lacking.  Then I say "wait, no it's OTHER NAME".  They then come up with a new reason to trash that company.  I like to see how many fake reasons they can create.  Then in mid-conversation, just randomly close the door.

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Sorry to hear that.  My FiL went through that several years ago now and all is well, so hopefully the same will be true for you.  It's one area of the big C they seem to have a good grasp of.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Sorry to hear that.  My FiL went through that several years ago now and all is well, so hopefully the same will be true for you.  It's one area of the big C they seem to have a good grasp of.

That is my sense too and id rather they be aggressive than not.

8 minutes ago, ... said:

I know it's risky since we're talking about cancer, but I can't help it...

They have a good grasp of the big C?  Paging inkman to the white courtesy phone.

My wife and I have several 'rules' that we have formulated over the years, not for each other.  

The biggest one is we never answer the door bell, or knock, ever.  And we don't look out to see who it is.  We don't want to risk being snout to snout with the snout that we are ignoring.  Words to live by, I say.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

My wife and I have several 'rules' that we have formulated over the years, not for each other.  

The biggest one is we never answer the door bell, or knock, ever.  And we don't look out to see who it is.  We don't want to risk being snout to snout with the snout that we are ignoring.  Words to live by, I say.

But sometimes you wind up with tasty cookies if you open that door.  That's another one that I absolutely love about this whole process.  Some of the complainers are the same people who send their daughter around the hood selling girl scout cookies.  Selling stuff is bad right until you have to do it yourself.

The thing that really kills me though is that I can count on one hand the number of times someone has come to my door selling something over the course of the year.  I'm annoyed by the flock of rabid mockingbirds that harass every house on a daily basis, but maybe they're doing some good as well.

18 minutes ago, shrader said:

But sometimes you wind up with tasty cookies if you open that door.  That's another one that I absolutely love about this whole process.  Some of the complainers are the same people who send their daughter around the hood selling girl scout cookies.  Selling stuff is bad right until you have to do it yourself.

The thing that really kills me though is that I can count on one hand the number of times someone has come to my door selling something over the course of the year.  I'm annoyed by the flock of rabid mockingbirds that harass every house on a daily basis, but maybe they're doing some good as well.

Yeh but it is interesting when young Morman men try to knock ask ask for money to help celebrate the "murder of Jesus".  I think its called Easter and not exactly a murder.  

BTW I love girl scout cookies however they are delivered! 

44 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not sure if I've told this yarn here before or not, but back when I first moved in with dark, he worked different hours than I. There were some rough times in our early relationship, and when I heard the doorbell and opened it up to find a super beautiful well dressed young woman asking me if Carter was home to continue "where they last left off" I about fainted. 

Turns out, she and her partner (the dude came up and joined her seconds later, he'd been like tying his shoe or something I guess) were Jehovah's Witnesses who Carter had decided to banter religion with on previous occasions during the day.

--

Sorry to hear about all the heavy troubles in here. My heart goes out to you all. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, josie said:

Not sure if I've told this yarn here before or not, but back when I first moved in with dark, he worked different hours than I. There were some rough times in our early relationship, and when I heard the doorbell and opened it up to find a super beautiful well dressed young woman asking me if Carter was home to continue "where they last left off" I about fainted. 

Turns out, she and her partner (the dude came up and joined her seconds later, he'd been like tying his shoe or something I guess) were Jehovah's Witnesses who Carter had decided to banter religion with on previous occasions during the day.

--

Sorry to hear about all the heavy troubles in here. My heart goes out to you all. 

I felt a little bad for them. They were clearly being instructed to make intellectually dishonest arguments based on extremely selective quotes from scripture. I'm no student of the Bible, nor am I even a Christian, but even I was able to see the deception.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:10 PM, ubkev said:

2 weeks ago a friend of mine stopped to help a stranded motorist change a tire on the side of 81. He was hit and killed. 

So that sucked.

Damn.  Just saw this.  Sorry.

• Thanks (+1) 1

It seems every 2 weeks for the past 3 months another friend's mother passes away.  Really getting tired of receiving e-mails titled "RE: Sad News."

Won't get into my complaints as they are petty in comparison, though extremely exhausting.  But will be extremely happy when July finally ends.  And 2019 hasn't exactly been a picnic either.