Jump to content
LabattBlue

Complaint Thursdays

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The heat and humidity are killing me.

THUNDER!!

POWER SURGE!!

NS OUT!!

NS HIDING UNDER HIS DESK!!

NS OUT FROM UNDER HIS DESK!!

AND REPORTING FOR DUTY!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
... IT'S FRIDAY IN NS ... !!
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tondas said:

I'm 57.  I haven't been to a doctor in 30 years.  I feel pretty good minus a few aches and pains (nothing WebMD says I should be really concerned with).  I've been living the Atkins diet lifestyle for 20 years (well before it got the sexy term of Keto).  The health insurance industry has made a ton of money off me for the last 30 years.  However, if I suddenly stop posting, you'll know what happened.  😉

We wish you the best. Seriously.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I woke up at 4am. Couldn’t go back to sleep.  So I’m at the office since 5:30 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

I woke up at 4am. Couldn’t go back to sleep.  So I’m at the office since 5:30 AM

I almost did the same thing.  I waited it out and eventually got another hour in.

I have to remember to take melatonin *every* night...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting in a surgical waiting room while My Seven Year Old undergoes an EGD And Colonoscopy to determine if he has Crohn’s or Irritable Bowel Disease😑

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Sitting in a surgical waiting room while My Seven Year Old undergoes an EGD And Colonoscopy to determine if he has Crohn’s or Irritable Bowel Disease😑

Sorry to hear... hope for the best 

25 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

I woke up at 4am. Couldn’t go back to sleep.  So I’m at the office since 5:30 AM

I live for midday naps.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sitting in a surgical waiting room while My Seven Year Old undergoes an EGD And Colonoscopy to determine if he has Crohn’s or Irritable Bowel Disease😑

Oh, ***** that.  I hope it's neither.  I really hope it's neither.  Praying for him.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My oldest got checked for that, turns out he was eating to many hot cheetoes on the sly...

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^

I know that's not really funny but I raised 3 kids and that just seems like a very parental thing to happen. I remember one Christmas my wife's aunt came by to visit us when my youngest son was 2. He liked the taste of toothpaste, so when he found her Ben Gay, he thought it was toothpaste and ate 1/2 the tube. Sat in an ER for several hours that day having him tested for aspirin poisoning and having to drink every few hours some charcoal tasting drink to counteract it. HooBoy that was a fun Xmas. 

@Brawndo hope everything goes well.

Edited by jsb
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To continue with the non-sleeping theme.

Last night I fell into bed at 3:30 AM (ADT) and fell a sleep imediately, which is the best result of the 3 nights.  Up and at it again at 6:00 AM (ADT).

Monday ... finally drifted in and out at 4:30 after several restless hours of ferriting about.  Up at 6:00 AM.  Tuesday ... see Monday.

MUST SLEEP!!

GO SABRES!!

+++++

Now onto more important matters ...

Will keep @Brawndo and @North Buffalo in my prayers.  It's almost Eid al Adha (Sunday will be day #1), so I tend to pray extra at the Eids.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quart of Starbucks cafe mocha at Wegmans. THEY SELL IT BY THE QUART! Damn you 😥😥😥🙈

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I traveled to Argonne National Lab for a week long program two months ago. 

It cost a lot, but was to be fully reimbursed by a prominent public university. I was the first to submit everything we needed to submit paperwork-wise for this reimbursement process to begin. We were first told we'd get the reimbursement sometime in early July, and later we were told we'd get it by earlier this week. This is nearly a thousand dollars, since I covered a lot of the various cab fares on either end for a group of us traveling together. I have bills to pay that I literally can't afford this second, because I'm waiting on this money.

I got an email yesterday, days after we were told the money would be in our accounts, talking as if they just stumbled across a problem. The problem was that my plane tickets came from Oklahoma, but went out to Buffalo. I had established that this was okay with the guys in charge of the program three months ago - I had personal stuff, and it was cheaper for them by over 100 dollars, so it was good to go. Now the school says they need to do their own cost analysis, which I'm sure will take way too long despite a google search of ticket prices for the flight to BUF versus back to OKC verifying the stark price difference in under 30 seconds. They're acting like I did something wrong, and I'm ***** broke. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I traveled to Argonne National Lab for a week long program two months ago. 

It cost a lot, but was to be fully reimbursed by a prominent public university. I was the first to submit everything we needed to submit paperwork-wise for this reimbursement process to begin. We were first told we'd get the reimbursement sometime in early July, and later we were told we'd get it by earlier this week. This is nearly a thousand dollars, since I covered a lot of the various cab fares on either end for a group of us traveling together. I have bills to pay that I literally can't afford this second, because I'm waiting on this money.

I got an email yesterday, days after we were told the money would be in our accounts, talking as if they just stumbled across a problem. The problem was that my plane tickets came from Oklahoma, but went out to Buffalo. I had established that this was okay with the guys in charge of the program three months ago - I had personal stuff, and it was cheaper for them by over 100 dollars, so it was good to go. Now the school says they need to do their own cost analysis, which I'm sure will take way too long despite a google search of ticket prices for the flight to BUF versus back to OKC verifying the stark price difference in under 30 seconds. They're acting like I did something wrong, and I'm ***** broke. 

This sounds like getting reimbursed for mil travel. Somewhere there is an underling with an evil grin reviewing your travel cost.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doctor said I need to give up hockey due to deteriorating hip.    I'm actually OK with it to be honest.    Too many little injuries here and there was getting close to giving it up anyway.     Would rather be pain free on the golf course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Doctor said I need to give up hockey due to deteriorating hip.    I'm actually OK with it to be honest.    Too many little injuries here and there was getting close to giving it up anyway.     Would rather be pain free on the golf course.

Hip replacement and keep playing!  Two guys I know wish they had done it 10 years prior they did it two years ago and they are still skating in their 60s.  Based on what I have seen... do the anterior replacement.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Hip replacement and keep playing!  Two guys I know wish they had done it 10 years prior they did it two years ago and they are still skating in their 60s.  Based on what I have seen... do the anterior replacement.

Thanks!  That's encouraging to hear that guys are still playing with new hips into their 60s.   He said I'm probably 5-10 years from a hip replacement.   I'm having a hard time getting over that, I'll be 47 next month.    We also discussed arthroscopy  to repair the labrum and trim some bone spurs, but his thoughts were that won't help much, said to just back off high impact stuff and stop hockey.     Don't really have any pain doing other stuff like cycling and golf.     I was leaning towards hanging up the skates anyway for other reasons.     If I get the itch to play to again I'll look into options.   

Edited by pi2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buddy had a hip replacement done at a similar age last summer.

He’s not a hockey player, but he’s running and playing indoor soccer hardcore. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hockey career was eneded in the same way as Bobby Orr's.  Of course, mind ended in High School.  Who knows?  I may have been the best Orr since Orr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. Not to worry. Get the right doctor and do the rehab. 3 months at most ur back

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night of beach week. We check out of the beach house at 10 am tomorrow. I’m very grateful for the week we’ve had but this place is too just nice to leave.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...