Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I got cut off tonight by a guy driving one of those late 80's/early 90's Chevy Cavaliers...this thing barely made it up the hill, sounded awful - and had a GPS mounted on the dash. The GPS was probably worth more than the vehicle. Not really a complaint, but more of an intersting observation.

But I am pissed he cut me off.

Did he have one of those refillable Tom Hortons coffe mug mounted holders on the dash next to it????

Did he have one of those refillable Tom Hortons coffe mug mounted holders on the dash next to it????

I didn't see one, no - but that's probably because the closest Tim Horton's is two hours away in Columbus. ;)

Before you bag on Toyota (and maybe other manufacturers), you should read this:

http://edgehopper.com/what-toyota-knows-that-gm-doesnt/

Executive summary: Toyota hasn't laid any full-timers off in the US since 2006. They have their workers take classes, do drills, etc. in hopes that they'll be productive and happy when the production lines start rolling again. Estimated cost? $50mil, or one CEO golden parachute.

I'm not knocking them. I have a 97 honda and i get around 35-39 MPG City. I love it. I just hate hearing about how American car industry is hurting because they aren't selling enough cars. Make a car that doesn't suck and more people would buy them, plain and simple.

I'm watching NHL games for free on the internet thanks to a website somebody on this board pointed out. My complaint is I know I shouldn't be doing this because it must be illegal, but I just can't keep myself from watching a Sabres game. I'm disappointed w/ myself... :unsure:

I'm going back to my favorite rant.

How does DirecTV justify charging $100 extra per season to watch football games in HD? Every NFL game on CBS/Fox is broadcast free in HD. So if I turn on the Ravens in Baltimore I get a very nice HD picture. If I turn on the Bills on DirecTV I get a crappy SD signal.. It ain't right.

I got the SuperFan HD package for free. All it took was a phone call and telling the CSR the exact same argument that you just laid out along with reminding them that they were offering the package free to new subscribers and how that was unfair to long time loyal customers. It really was as simple as that.

#1 To the idiots that put the styrofoam packing peanuts in their recycle bin and then let the wind blow them around the development, FU. By the way, I don't think they would even be considered as part of the acceptable recyclable products.

#2 To the drivers who can't stop at stop signs, won't yield to traffic with the right of way and have to drive like they are at the Indy 500, WTF is your problem? WNY has short commutes times no matter where you are driving to, what is your f***ing hurry?

#3 Now that gas prices are plummeting, how many of the companies who jacked up the prices of their products due to "the higher cost of oil" are now going to drop their prices to levels below where they were previously? <_<

My dog woke me up at 4:30 after he peed in his room. Why couldn't he wake me up and then pee so I can take him out. BACKASSWARDS

No crate? We crate Fenway and after the first night, not one incident. He hasn't peed indoors since he was 3 months old. I think he's the best dog on the planet...no really. :D

In the crate he's fine and even when we're home he let me know he needs to go out, but for some reason early morning he can't hold it/decides to go and then tell me. If I got to clean your piss at least let me sleep man!

I have been getting him out of the crate more and more because he is earning it, and in the front foyer I installed a half door so now thats his room. He was a rescue dog so he already had certain habits that we're training out of him. When we first got him we tried baby gates... how'd that work?

post-1072-1229007923_thumbjpg

Don't let the pic scare you if you may be getting a dog, please consider the SPCA path. It may be a little more work sometimes, but its worth it.

My dog woke me up at 4:30 after he peed in his room. Why couldn't he wake me up and then pee so I can take him out. BACKASSWARDS

My dog wakes me up at 4:30 every few days because she has to go out. Irritating, but better than pissing on the floor.

She's only gone in the house a couple of times since we got her and that was after we tried switching her food. She crapped everywhere about 4 nights in a row. Even when I crated her during the stretch, she'd just blow up all over herself. It was easier to let her out. My bathroom floor is stone and she was nice enough to go do it there where it was easy to clean up. Apparently, Huskies have very weak stomachs and are sensitive to corn content or something fruity like that.

She's about a year old now, so we've been letting her out of the crate at night. Her and the other dog (a Basset, polar opposites) only get crated when we leave the house or if we've got company now. They're perfect at night.

Now, on to my complaints!

1. Sean Hannity. He's a standing complaint. I have to listen to him while waiting for a traffic report as he's on the only station that does a decent job of that. Arrogant ass preaching to the choir.

2. ATLANTA F&CKING TRAFFIC! My commutes over the past two days have totaled six hours. I usually have a 35 minute ride to work. Two hours in yesterday, two hours in today. An hour home last night and I'm expecting no less than that this evening as it's raining and these tools will dodge the damn rain drops.

3. The hockey stop. What a pain in the ass. Literally. I get it right half the time, the other half? I spin around in the direction my skates are facing. I will get this down and I will join a local league! Maybe I'm meant for goal tender as I'm not the most agile of guys.

4. My employer. In the last three months? Yanked our telecommute perk, Dropped 401k match from dollar-for-dollar up to 4% instant vest to 33 cents per dollar up to 6 percent with a six year vesting schedule, so they'll match half of what they did if my contribution is higher. They cut our flexible spending plan from 5k to 1k. They removed the HMO option so we now only have a high deductible PPO. They decided they no longer pay our vacation when we quit. They cut two holidays. They changed vacation accrual policies so that we lose all of it at the end of the year. New restrictive non-compete agreements. They canned our $100 a month pop budget because it was a way to lower costs. All in the name of a bad economy. Just a week ago, we had a meeting that detailed how well we were doing and how much cash we have. We beat Wall St. guidance last quarter and pulled in a higher-than-normal profit. The whole while they tell us they're bettering out benefits because they care. Horse sh*t.

I love this thread. It's so very therapeutic.