Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Cubs GM Jim Hendry. WTF is he waiting for? Trade DeRosa to Minnesota, don't get greedy. And let go of Vitters. We could get Jake Peavy for Vitters, who plays 3B or LF in college/minors.... HELLO! We have Ramirez and Soriano so eventually we will trade Vitters and Peavy is an ELITE pitcher. And sign Milton Bradley as rumored. Cubs are such a back ass organization it's not even funny. Kerry Wood pretty much begged to stay, they say no, then few days later Hendry says "we need to add to the bullpen".... YOU JUST LET ONE OF THE BEST CLOSERS GO!

And Mets getting JJ Putz for almost nothing, really upsets me. Pick up the damn phone Hendry.

3. The hockey stop. What a pain in the ass. Literally. I get it right half the time, the other half? I spin around in the direction my skates are facing. I will get this down and I will join a local league! Maybe I'm meant for goal tender as I'm not the most agile of guys.

I'm a pretty light guy 140, and when I get my blades all nice and sharp I have trouble if not going fast enough, and I'm decent at it. I dull them down a bit after sharpening . Sounds like your blades are sticking hard and you either need to lean more (put your weight behind it), or maybe they are too sharp?

I'm a pretty light guy 140, and when I get my blades all nice and sharp I have trouble if not going fast enough, and I'm decent at it. I dull them down a bit after sharpening . Sounds like your blades are sticking hard and you either need to lean more (put your weight behind it), or maybe they are too sharp?

I sit at about 200, so it could be a factor of weight pushing down on the ice harder? Perhaps bending knees and leaning into it more while coming at it with a bit more speed, we'll try that this weekend. Would shifting weight too far forward cause me to do a little fruity Cinderella twirl like that?

I sit at about 200, so it could be a factor of weight pushing down on the ice harder? Perhaps bending knees and leaning into it more while coming at it with a bit more speed, we'll try that this weekend. Would shifting weight too far forward cause me to do a little fruity Cinderella twirl like that?

Sounds like you are not leaning and bending knees. If you are straight up the edges will catch and you'll either A) flip forward b) skate in a new direction (what your doing). Think about what the blade is doing. It's scraping against the ice so a certain angle and force is needed to push it out not down. If your upright the weight balance is forcing down like you said, not at that angle.

I learned fast because I liked to ski, and when skiing the "hockey stop" is easy. For the most part it does translate to ice as well.

Double complaint; Pavlov's theorum / Everyone cutting back on Christmas parties. <_<

You get used to a tradition over the years that you take for granted and w/o realizing it ingrain that into the Holiday and then people pull it back and now you feel somethings missing from a Holiday that you know really should not matter.

I don't like people who can't skate, especially hockey players that can't skate. Until you can skate, you're not a hockey player; you're simply a guy who plays hockey.

I'm just messing with you guys. Keep on trying!

Check out my new blog!

A self-proclaimed "old man who can't skate" took my ankle out along the boards on sunday. I went into the corner for a loose puck and braced myself for impact because he was racing me for it and I knew he was coming quickly. But since he can't skate, instead of hitting me shoulder to shoulder or somewhere high, he lost an edge and went flying into my legs. Right as I was popping back up, he somehow did some crazy flip and his feet swung around and slammed down onto the outside of my right foot. I swear this guy had to have been wearing those concrete shoes from any mafia movie/tv show/cartoon because his feet must have weighed about 50 pounds.

So yes, people who can't skate suck.

Screw my company for making me find a new job. Just as I get out of school, land this gig and end up with a boss who's awesome (the guy tells me to yell at security "You'll never take me alive!" as I'm leaving the facility...freakin awesome.) and our plant gets closed. Now I have til the summer to find something else. :censored:

All this after deciding I would probably hang around here for a while since all the people rock and I'm free to work on any type of project that would help production. Yea, I could move, but are my beloved Buffalo sports teams going to be within easy driving distance?

Um...no.

So forget that. :censored: jerks.

P.S. It could be worse, but this is a complaint thread, not an optimism thread. <_<

Shopping malls. Yeah, I was suckered in because I had to buy presents for the family and the mall is right across the street from my office. I hate it when vendors at a kiosk-type stand shout out to you to "borrow" you for just a minute while she shows her hand & nail products, then demonstrates them on you....when all you want to do is keep walking right past them.

At least she was hot. :thumbsup:

Shopping malls. Yeah, I was suckered in because I had to buy presents for the family and the mall is right across the street from my office. I hate it when vendors at a kiosk-type stand shout out to you to "borrow" you for just a minute while she shows her hand & nail products, then demonstrates them on you....when all you want to do is keep walking right past them.

At least she was hot. :thumbsup:

Just keep walking, it's not like they're going to chase you or grab you. It seems rude, but they started it. :)

CBS doesn't put episodes of Criminal Mind on their web site... Missed it last night cause the Sabres were on.

Next week, the DVR arrives..

But why doesn't CBS put the episodes up there? They have a ton of other episodes up there.

I don't like people who can't skate, especially hockey players that can't skate. Until you can skate, you're not a hockey player; you're simply a guy who plays hockey.

I'm just messing with you guys. Keep on trying!

Check out my new blog!

Totally off topic, but I read that article on your blog about waking up from surgery... when I came back from getting my wisdom teeth out, I said some really suggestive (nasty!) stuff to the nurse wheeling me to the car. My wife was right there with me. I don't remember saying any of it nor do I remember what she looked like, but I did try to take her home...

So this doctor has been trying to setup a meeting with me about a project that I had to take over from someone who left for a different job. Finally this week we met after she had cancelled meetings a few times over a 3-4 week span. She tells me that since I'll be taking 2 weeks off over Christmas time, she's going to need the results next week. So thanks to all those rescheduled meetings, 5 weeks worth of time is now only 1. Nevermind the fact that I've got a lot of stuff I need to take care of by next week for people that I actually work for (I'm basically being loaned out for this one).

I can't really complain though. She had to reschedule for good reasons, a sick child. So yeah, maybe I'm a dick for complaining here, but I'm pretty much screwed.

True colors shining through... :thumbsup: Well, is your wife pissed?

Ha, no. She thought it was extremely funny. From what she tells me, I snapped my fingers at the nurse a few times and pointed to the McTool... and then said a whole string of stuff.