Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My first complaint: jackasses who abuse the "reply to all" option on email. A friend of mine from Orlando sent a mass email over the weekend announcing the birth of his first child. So I naturally emailed him back to congratulate him. Some of his other friends did as well, but they chose to share their warm wishes with EVERYONE who got the original email. :wallbash:

I hate "reply to all" and rarely ever use it. What really gets me, is that I get b!tched out at work for NOT using it all the time. I guess I'm the only one here who is annoyed with all kinds of useless emails saying "ok, sounds good. i'll call you later," when it has nothing to do with me or what I do.

I hate the fact that on MSG's "HD" broadcast, not all of the cameras are HD. It sucks watching a game in beautiful high-def only to have them switch to the corner cam and have it look like crap.

I hate that every bar or restaurant that I have been to has about 9 million brand new wide screen LCD televisions that proudly show any and all sporting events in SD in the "Wide Zoom" mode. Why buy an HD tv if you're not going to get the HD feed.

So, like, do you keep a cinderblock and chain in your truck ... just in case? I mean, I am assuming you don't make a special trip to The Home Depot every time ...

It's something I once saw someone do and have oft pondered. I have too much other crap in my truck though. I mean you could probably do it without the cinderblock, but it's there so that people notice you've chained their tires. Keeps em from actually driving away and doing any damage.

Who doesn't keep a cinder block and chain for just such an occasion?

right!

you know what I want to complain about? Parking space stalkers. You know the type, they see you walking to your car and are intent on getting the closest space possible so they follow you through the lot to your car and wait for you to leave. I HATE it when people do that! Why not just go park a few rows over where there are plenty of spaces and walk the extra 20 yards? Is it really that important?

So I get my revenge now. I get followed through the lot I park in at RIT all the time. So what I do is park in the farthest corner of the lot from the buildings, and when I am leaving class I walk through the closest row. Some sucker always follows me all the way to the end of the row, at which point I start my walk down the far side of the lot to the back corner where I parked. Stalker McStalkerson squeals away in frustration that I wasted his precious time. Perfect. B-)

If by some chance I get a good spot and space stalker follows me to my truck, I make sure I take my time. Send a few text messages, flip through my cd's to see what I want to listen to, respond to some text messages, yawn, stretch a little, dig through my bag for some gum. It's unbelievable the amount of time people will sit in the middle of a parking lot waiting. :wallbash:

you know what I want to complain about? Parking space stalkers. You know the type, they see you walking to your car and are intent on getting the closest space possible so they follow you through the lot to your car and wait for you to leave. I HATE it when people do that! Why not just go park a few rows over where there are plenty of spaces and walk the extra 20 yards? Is it really that important?

So I get my revenge now. I get followed through the lot I park in at RIT all the time. So what I do is park in the farthest corner of the lot from the buildings, and when I am leaving class I walk through the closest row. Some sucker always follows me all the way to the end of the row, at which point I start my walk down the far side of the lot to the back corner where I parked. Stalker McStalkerson squeals away in frustration that I wasted his precious time. Perfect. B-)

Back when I went there, ANY parking spot was a good spot... Parking was miserable after 11a.

Back when I went there, ANY parking spot was a good spot... Parking was miserable after 11a.

It's still really bad, that's why I don't see the need to hunt for a spot. By the time you track one down you could have just parked and walked a little further. Is a little exercise that bad?

It's something I once saw someone do and have oft pondered. I have too much other crap in my truck though. I mean you could probably do it without the cinderblock, but it's there so that people notice you've chained their tires. Keeps em from actually driving away and doing any damage.

right!

If by some chance I get a good spot and space stalker follows me to my truck, I make sure I take my time. Send a few text messages, flip through my cd's to see what I want to listen to, respond to some text messages, yawn, stretch a little, dig through my bag for some gum. It's unbelievable the amount of time people will sit in the middle of a parking lot waiting. :wallbash:

At UB I used to walk down the row that was one-away from my car, then cut between parked cars to get to mine. By the time the stalker went all the way around, someone else would steal the spot from them :)

Disclaimer...I have a 2001 Saturn that has seen better days, BUT...

I'm in a local plaza parking lot on Saturday listening to the radio prior to getting out of my car. A car pulls up alongside me(older man and women(60's), woman driving & man in the passenger seat). He opens the door and absolutely SLAMS it into my driver side door. When he sees me sitting there he starts laughing. I roll down my window and ask him "what the hell are you doing", he just starts to walk away and I yelled out "How about as soon as you get in the store, I slam my car door into yours a few times". At that point, they kept on walking probably thinking I'm ready to snap.

What a piece of #%^$#! this guy was and if this had happened with a newer car, you can be damn sure I would have been asking for his insurance card. What pissed me off even more, is wondering how many times this jerkoff does this and nobody is in the car next to him.

FU A**hole!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

People have no manners or respect for what's right & wrong these days. It's seems like too many act like FU I only care about myself. In this same vein as what happened to you but from another angle, a couple of years ago we were in Austin (full of weirdo a-holes in the first place). Just pulled into a spot at a restaurant & some guy in a truck pulls in immediately next to us. My wife goes around to get the baby out while I go help my inlaws. When I come back this little loser is screaming at my wife because she couldn't open the door wide enough to get the baby car seat out without resting it against the side of the guys truck. My wife freaks when somebody gives her a door ding so she was very careful not to so much as rub the dust off his car but he still sits there & screams at a woman holding an infant until I get there. Then he got into his truck, locked the doors & tried to ignore my invitation to step out & get his face caved in. Too many people really lack common courtesy in public anymore and common sense. I will say almost all the fans on the trolley after the Sabres game last month were exceptions - a couple of guys stood to give their seats to my Mom & wife with the 6 month old. Good on you Sabres fans!

Why not just go park a few rows over where there are plenty of spaces and walk the extra 20 yards? Is it really that important?

The sheer pettiness and laziness of it all is what really annoys me. Generally the stalkers are tubalards that are jamming a triple-quarter pounder with exta cheese, bacon and lard in their fat pie holes. Depending on my mood, I may mumble or yell that it wouldn't hurt them to walk the extra 30 feet.

This will be an unbearable weekend of Bills football..

Try living here. At least last year they actually felt bad for us. Now that we're tied, the trash talk is back. Some old guy yesterday pointed at my bills sweatshirt and said "don't let the Patriots see you wearing that" in the most angry tone imaginable. What are they going to do, beat me up? It wasn't really trash talk, just complete stupidity.

I don't discriminate, they all suck. I am more tolerant of people who don't know, because if someone explains the difference, they might stop replying to all.

But just looking at the UI for Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail, the default option is reply to sender and to get to "Reply to All" you have to click on a drop-down menu, so it leads me to believe that most people think that everyone needs to read their reply.

Whatever I have for work on my laptop, all it has is two buttons side by side for reply and reply all. One is an arrow pointing towards an envelope. The other is an arrow pointing towards an envelope in front of another envelope. They look identical. I can see how dumb people screw that one up.... but yes, I still hate them.

:w00t:

I'm a big fan of chaining a cinder block to one of their rims. Harmless inconvenience if they have a spare, but if they forget to keep it inflated... :chris:

and for the record, my truck is a 99. I would have been super pissed. Hell, I got pissed when people sat on my 90 Caprice. Don't f*ck with my cars!

Duct tape and a nail. A lot lighter to carry. Carefully place the nail thru the duct tape and place on the ground behind the tire. and then, walk away. And stop putting that sprinkler out.

Video game bugs. I'm not even getting into next-gen hardware issues (still have a PS2, no $$ to buy a new system) but I am tired of EA rushing games onto the market with known bugs that they refuse to or can't fix. I'm playing a dynasty in NCAA Football '08 and I have players leaving my program because they claim I broke my promise to them - ridiculous promises that the computer-aided recruiting made in-season - like promising a 6' 2" 160 cornerback that he can play center, or promising a three-star recruit that he can start in his freshman year over an All-American.

Not to mention that I get 5 years into it, have won 50+ straight games, and watched my team drop from 1 to 2 to 4 over the middle portion of the season, despite not losing a game and not squeaking out any wins - I was still blowing teams out.

Oh, and today I played a #1 versus #2 November game that had no television coverage.

Blue--that is a crazy story. Can't believe they saw you and actually laughed. You have a lot of self control. If that were me, I'd be facing assault charges right now.

Onto my complaint--parking garages. Specifically the one I park in each day in DT Buffalo. It's fricken horrible. I drive 10 minutes to go up 7 floors. And the parking spots are not the typical size---they are at least a 3rd smaller than the average spot (unofficial measurement). And this leads to subsequent complaints:

1) Paying $70 a month to park is a POS garage that frustrates me each morning when I arrive and evening when I depart.

2) Going off of Blue's complaint, my car now has a nice family of dents on both the driver's and passenger's side from ignorant morons that don't park within the damn yellow lines.

3) People that are not monthy parkers that are obviously in the garage for the first time. I am stuck driving behind them going up 7 floors. The reason this is annoying is they are oblivious to the fact that all of the spots on floors 1-6 are TAKEN. They seem to think there will be a magical spot waiting just for them even after seeing floor after floor completely full. So what do they do? Five miles per hour, riding the brakes, for 7 floors. Then when they finally find a spot, they have to back in, making you have to wait even longer for them to clear the way. A-holes!

Blue--that is a crazy story. Can't believe they saw you and actually laughed. You have a lot of self control. If that were me, I'd be facing assault charges right now.

Onto my complaint--parking garages. Specifically the one I park in each day in DT Buffalo. It's fricken horrible. I drive 10 minutes to go up 7 floors. And the parking spots are not the typical size---they are at least a 3rd smaller than the average spot (unofficial measurement). And this leads to subsequent complaints:

1) Paying $70 a month to park is a POS garage that frustrates me each morning when I arrive and evening when I depart.

2) Going off of Blue's complaint, my car now has a nice family of dents on both the driver's and passenger's side from ignorant morons that don't park within the damn yellow lines.

3) People that are not monthy parkers that are obviously in the garage for the first time. I am stuck driving behind them going up 7 floors. The reason this is annoying is they are oblivious to the fact that all of the spots on floors 1-6 are TAKEN. They seem to think there will be a magical spot waiting just for them even after seeing floor after floor completely full. So what do they do? Five miles per hour, riding the brakes, for 7 floors. Then when they finally find a spot, they have to back in, making you have to wait even longer for them to clear the way. A-holes!

You only pay $70 a MONTH and it's an indoor garage?! Quit your bitching! Hehe.

My complaints:

1. Sean Hannity remains tool number one. I just want the damn traffic! I don't want to have to listen to this yank-wad pretend he has the authority to judge who is a "great American" and who isn't. This ass is half the problem... can anyone be more one sided? Just. The. Freaking. Traffic. Report. To think that people take his crap as news... :doh:

2. Control freaks at work that find one little area of authority and make it their own. It then subsequently becomes the most important thing on the face of the planet. I'm sorry I used the velcro ties instead of the snap-ties on the temporary test equipment. It doesn't really matter and I'm not going to take it all down and start over so you can check that there box on your little spreadsheet.

3. The scale. The numbers get higher if I eat food I like. I love beer and I hate exercising. It just isn't fair.

4. Politics. Especially politics of those on either extreme end of the spectrum. We have some friends that are members of the LDS church. Let's just say that some of the political rants I've heard over the past three or four days are too far out there to even argue. Again, people *believe* this stuff.

I hate that i work for one of the largest health insurance companies in the nation, and we put in all of this money into everything else, but our IT department can't seem to fix an issue that has been ongoing for the better part of 2 years. Especially considering the fact that it is a main piece of software used by the majority of our company. It reminds me of the Mac vs PC commericial, where PC is sorting the money, .... advertising, advertising, advertising..... fix vista ... advertising..... you get the message... .it is damn annoying that it is such a huge company but the IT dept feels like it is run out of a garage in sheboygan

Lotta bitching here. I feel like I just spent an evening with my mother wife and mother in law after reading this thread. I need a drink.

Sh*t...I am outta beers. Thats my complaint.

Dude that sucks. You don't even have some spray paint you can huff? or some nyquil?

Blue must be asleep at the wheel today. Wake up! We have some complaining to do.

So yesterday I heard this one, "so shrader, Amy has been calling you shredder". , I thought that ridiculously stupid nickname from people who can't remember my name died around 15 years ago. :censored: