Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Hearing your daughter say to you, in a very concerned voice..(and this happened this morning as i was doing my Insanity workout)

"Daddy, please stop..all those people are in their 20's, your almost 50..I don't want you to keel over"

:wallbash: :P :P

Friggen Kids

BTW, i work out usually after I drive them to school, so they have not seen me do these workouts yet. Had to do early today

Edited by plenzmd1

Hearing your daughter say to you, in a very concerned voice..(and this happened this morning as i was doing my Insanity workout)

"Daddy, please stop..all those people are in their 20's, your almost 50..I don't want you to keel over"

Friggen Kids

BTW, i work out usually after I drive them to school, so they have not seen me do these workouts yet. Had to do early today

:w00t: :lol:

Friggen Kids

How old is she? I'm not sure if I should picture a teenager saying that and feel bad for you, or laughing because a younger kid said that.

Friggen Kids

my kids say stuff like that when i grill a rib-eye or a rack of ribs. they're hilarious. "daddy ... you're going to have a heart attack! do you want to DIE?! and leave us without a daddy!?!" it's hard to take another bite after hearing that ...

I'm collecting a massive amount of data on various state finances and statutes for a professor, and he wanted me to get a bunch of employment data. Told me it was all on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website, easily accessible, should only take an hour or two to collect. Long story short, it wasn't there, and of course he wasn't in the office for me to ask again. So I do what any normal human being would--I Google it. Turns out, what he wanted me to collect is actually at the Bureau of Economic Analysis' website, not the Bureau of Labor Statistics. So I got to spend 5 hours doing something that should have taken 2, which meant I couldn't get any of my own work done this afternoon. Thank you, professor, for wasting my time.

Got hired through a temp agency. Took me all night to fill out the online paperwork, because it was ONLY compatible with Internet Explorer. Not my Mac, not even Mozilla, though they let me to believe that it would be, and they NEEDED it within 24 hours. So after downloading a ton of useless ######, plugins, browsers, and ######, on the Mac, I had to fire up the old Compaq Dinosaur to fill out the 10 year employment history, exact dates, addresses, phone numbers, supervisors names, having to Google like a mother, and then ERROR, lost everything. I finished the damn thing at 8:30 am, 4 hours to spare, 8 hours work. No pay.

They made me take a drug test too. Result came back Negative, yes. Negative dillute (NO!) :wallbash: I would have had to re-take, but just then, my dream job called. They hired me to start immediately. ###### you Adecco.

Got hired through a temp agency. Took me all night to fill out the online paperwork, because it was ONLY compatible with Internet Explorer. Not my Mac, not even Mozilla, though they let me to believe that it would be, and they NEEDED it within 24 hours. So after downloading a ton of useless ######, plugins, browsers, and ######, on the Mac, I had to fire up the old Compaq Dinosaur to fill out the 10 year employment history, exact dates, addresses, phone numbers, supervisors names, having to Google like a mother, and then ERROR, lost everything. I finished the damn thing at 8:30 am, 4 hours to spare, 8 hours work. No pay.

They made me take a drug test too. Result came back Negative, yes. Negative dillute (NO!) :wallbash: I would have had to re-take, but just then, my dream job called. They hired me to start immediately. ###### you Adecco.

Contract employment agencies are a tool of the devil.

• Like (+1) 1

The season is over for the Sabres. :(

it's semi-sort of humorous reading all the topics that are popping up at the top of the list. this, the supersition thread, where will the sabres finish in the standings ... like you have to open them to know what they're going to say. :)

what'dya do ...

it's semi-sort of humorous reading all the topics that are popping up at the top of the list. this, the supersition thread, where will the sabres finish in the standings ... like you have to open them to know what they're going to say. :)

what'dya do ...

Too true. Only upshot is now I might actually start getting my work done in the evening. As long as the NHL regular season is, it's a LONG offseason when you don't make the playoffs. :(

My complaint is people who who have to stick their hand into EVERY aspect of a business. Here where I work, Our head of HR is also our finances manager, as well as the Project Manager. Can you say conflicts of interest?!?! :wallbash: :wallbash:

anyways. this person is late to almost EVERY meeting, and then sits and asks questions on the stuff that was already covered, and then wastes time by getting WAAYYYY off topic on a daily basis. I have submitted a complaint to my boss, and he has noted it, but also told me that there is nothing he can do as this person has more clout in the company :censored: I am getting so ##### sick of listening to this person ask stupid questions, show up late, and then try to tell me how to do my job, on top of asking trying to butt into my jobs. GAH! keep your filthy hands in your own damn cookie jar!

Tendonitis.

About 6 weeks ago I managed to mess up my wrist at the gym. Been trying to treat it with Advil and ice ever since. Stopped lifting weights in the hope that the rest would help. Ended up seeing a hand/wrist doctor yesterday. Hopefully the cortisone does it's job. I really want to get back to hitting the weights again.

Oh, and pancreatic cancer (stage 2).

Ewww, that's bad news. Hope that whoever is involved kicks it.

I was sitting here wishing it was complaint Thursday.... And then it was!

My complaint today is people who use ignorance to develop opinion, and then justify their opinion by stating that they "only know so much".

Here's a tip. If you don't know the facts of the Trayvon Martin case, then you shouldn't be "hoping Zimmerman goes free", or that "he gets life in prison". :wallbash:

Ignorance is not an excuse!

My complaint is people who who have to stick their hand into EVERY aspect of a business. Here where I work, Our head of HR is also our finances manager, as well as the Project Manager. Can you say conflicts of interest?!?! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Got a similar situation at my job. The head of HR is also taking on duties that would conflict with her role as HR head.

I was sitting here wishing it was complaint Thursday.... And then it was!

My complaint today is people who use ignorance to develop opinion, and then justify their opinion by stating that they "only know so much".

Here's a tip. If you don't know the facts of the Trayvon Martin case, then you shouldn't be "hoping Zimmerman goes free", or that "he gets life in prison". :wallbash:

Ignorance is not an excuse!

I just want Zimmerman to get as fair a trial as he gave to Trayvon.

I just want Zimmerman to get as fair a trial as he gave to Trayvon.

Amen to that. Gotta love neighborhood watch people who think they're the law. I gotta give a nod to trayvon, I'd have assaulted someone if they were following me for no reason too.

I suspect that since the prosecution is pushing forward with a 2nd murder charge rather than manslaughter that they have evidence that counters the self defense argument. Of course that's all speculation.

I'm reserving my judgment, of course, until after the court has made their decision. Since I don't know anything about what actually happened.

You'd think everyone else with an opinion was there that night though.

Amen to that. Gotta love neighborhood watch people who think they're the law. I gotta give a nod to trayvon, I'd have assaulted someone if they were following me for no reason too.

I suspect that since the prosecution is pushing forward with a 2nd murder charge rather than manslaughter that they have evidence that counters the self defense argument. Of course that's all speculation.

I'm reserving my judgment, of course, until after the court has made their decision. Since I don't know anything about what actually happened.

You'd think everyone else with an opinion was there that night though.

From what I've read, this particular prosecutor has a history of very aggressive charges, sometimes going after what she believes happened rather than what the evidence can support. I just hope this isn't a case where a manslaughter charge would yield a conviction, but the higher standard of a murder 2 yields an acquittal.

From what I've read, this particular prosecutor has a history of very aggressive charges, sometimes going after what she believes happened rather than what the evidence can support. I just hope this isn't a case where a manslaughter charge would yield a conviction, but the higher standard of a murder 2 yields an acquittal.

Either way, we'll see if they can convict him of murder 2 I guess. If they can't, then I hope we find out why.