Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Argh, more f*cking idiots making extra work for me... stupid purchasing dept guy tells me 5 min. ago he needs documentation TODAY on several items. I have them mostly together already because I'm going to be out next week, but I need my boss to sign them before I can send over and he's in clinic seeing patients most of the day. I'm reminded of the phrase "A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!" Argh.

Working in tech support for a clinical trials group, this could be my daily motto. We continuously have sites trying to register patients when they don't have all of the preliminary requirements met yet for the trial. Then, we have to scramble around (usually about 4:30 on a Friday afternoon) so that the patient can get treated without delay. Ten minutes of checking the day before would head off these issues, but no one does it. :wallbash:

Ordered the Buffalo Sabres green shamrock shirt so I can represent my team (even if they suck) when I head to Savannah in a couple weeks for St. Pat's Day.

just got an email... "We are sorry the item is currently back-ordered and will be shipped once we receive it"

All I freaking wanted was my green sabres shirt but nooooo the nhl has to suck. Now I probably wont get it in time for St. Pat's which was the entire purpose of getting the damn thing!!!!

I'm getting my shovel...

Edited by LGR4GM

Ordered the Buffalo Sabres green shamrock shirt so I can represent my team (even if they suck) when I head to Savannah in a couple weeks for St. Pat's Day.

just got an email... "We are sorry the item is currently back-ordered and will be shipped once we receive it"

All I freaking wanted was my green sabres shirt but nooooo the nhl has to suck. Now I probably wont get it in time for St. Pat's which was the entire purpose of getting the damn thing!!!!

I'm getting my shovel...

I've got 1, only worn once, that I might be willing to part with. What's it worth to you?

I've got 1, only worn once, that I might be willing to part with. What's it worth to you?

If I had known it would have been worth a few bucks but they can't cancel my order because "a few of the other items you have ordered are in stock so it has been partially processed. Our system does not currently allow the cancellation of parts of orders after they have been processed."

grrr. Thanks though.

If I had known it would have been worth a few bucks but they can't cancel my order because "a few of the other items you have ordered are in stock so it has been partially processed. Our system does not currently allow the cancellation of parts of orders after they have been processed."

grrr. Thanks though.

Bummer.

grrr. Thanks though.

Oh they can definitely cancel your order. It's just going to take a little effort.

Somebody screwing up and sending an email to a massive listserv instead of an individual, and everybody who received it replies "OMG TAKE ME OFF THIS" instead of just ignoring it, which resulted in around 100 emails in one day for me. Chances are 50/50 I deleted something important along with all the spam.

This happens at least once a month here at work. It's annoying as hell, half the people respond to all with"OMG TAKE ME OFF THIS LIST" as you said, then there are the other equally idiotic folks who reply all with "STOP REPLYING TO ALL!!"

I honestly, truly do like my job, but I've pretty much reached the end of my rope with a co-worker. He's been with us for 13+ months, but was not only new to the data comm industry, but new to the IT industry as a whole when he started. He graduated from a local tech school where he supposedly learned the basics of networking, but has shown otherwise. For the past several months, he's continued to make mistakes and taken networks down that require others to clean up...including mistakes that he makes over & over again. About 2 months ago, the 4th member of our team left the company, so it's pretty much just me that's stuck with him.

Worse yet, his personality is that of a tool...he's loud, tries to be part of the conversations in the office, but usually says something stupid, and has virtually no common sense. He spends more time flirting with the females in the company (face-to-face and over email) than actually sitting down to read up on documentation and maybe learn something. And yes, in the 13 months he's been here, he has yet to show me that he can learn something about data networks. Not to mention, he doesn't try to figure something out on his own...he just wants the answer. Apparently, he's been handed things his entire life.

The last straw came when my boss asked me yesterday to take over a project that was clearly mishandled by this guy (as if I didn't already have 14 things on my plate). Luckily, I was able to clean things up within 24 hours and get everything done correctly. My boss understands and is trying to relieve us of this situation, but that's in a limbo state right now. It's simply wearing on my patience.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

grrr. Thanks though.

I'm sure you could get one with a pretty maple leaf on it.

Second complaint of the day! When there's a group of guys at the gym one of which who clearly knows what he's doing and has been at it awhile, while the others are string beans who haven't seen a weight in their lives. The string beans have horrible form and clearly are trying to do too much weight, while the experienced lifter just lets them do it. Seriously, stop doing them a disservice and show them proper technique so they get something out of the workout.

Second complaint of the day! When there's a group of guys at the gym one of which who clearly knows what he's doing and has been at it awhile, while the others are string beans who haven't seen a weight in their lives. The string beans have horrible form and clearly are trying to do too much weight, while the experienced lifter just lets them do it. Seriously, stop doing them a disservice and show them proper technique so they get something out of the workout.

I switched to a cheaper gym back in September and the price really shows. I don't think they even bother to clean up before closing. The racks of dumbells are so unorganized that you have to stand there for almost a minute while you look for the ones you want. The racks are labeled, but for whatever reason dumbass muscle head has to put his 85 lb weights in the spot for 25 lb weights because he's too lazy to walk the extra 5 steps.

The next guy has to do the same and by the end of the day, you have weights placed completely at random. Any decent place would re-organize them at the end of the night, but not this one. So day after day, the weights get even more scattered. I can't wait for the day where they've been randomized so much, that they actually wind up back in their correct spots just by chance. I've seen so many combinations that it is bound to happen sooner or later.

I'd like to complain about high protein diets...

"Diets high in protein, especially sulfur-containing amino acids have been demonstrated to significantly increase the odor of flatus."

A diet low in cysteine and methionine will do the trick.

This is one only the science nerds will appreciate, but it's a biggie: mycoplasma. Ugh.

Ouch. Don't jinx me! I just thawed some hybridoma clones that I put into LN2 over a decade ago, a mycoplasma infection at this point would really suck.

A diet low in cysteine and methionine will do the trick.

Ouch. Don't jinx me! I just thawed some hybridoma clones that I put into LN2 over a decade ago, a mycoplasma infection at this point would really suck.

I wish better luck for you! I've been going crazy the last four weeks trying to figure out why my experiments are suddenly not working as they had before, and after testing today I think we know why. We have five or six different cell lines going right now, too. We're pretty sure who the source of contamination is (see prior Complaint Thursday posts re: stinky coworker), but he's beyond help at this point. I just hope after his committee meeting in a few weeks they finally kick his dumb ass out of grad school, but I'm not optimistic.

I switched to a cheaper gym back in September and the price really shows. I don't think they even bother to clean up before closing. The racks of dumbells are so unorganized that you have to stand there for almost a minute while you look for the ones you want. The racks are labeled, but for whatever reason dumbass muscle head has to put his 85 lb weights in the spot for 25 lb weights because he's too lazy to walk the extra 5 steps.

The next guy has to do the same and by the end of the day, you have weights placed completely at random. Any decent place would re-organize them at the end of the night, but not this one. So day after day, the weights get even more scattered. I can't wait for the day where they've been randomized so much, that they actually wind up back in their correct spots just by chance. I've seen so many combinations that it is bound to happen sooner or later.

Actually, those 5 steps with 170 are like 17 steps with 50.

You must really hate the bowling alley then....when some d-bag 7 year old puts the 6 pounder in the 12 pound rack.

I know that I could stand at the back door of my house, holding the doorknob, for 36 hours straight, and my dog wouldn't budge off the couch, and the second I would sit down, she would ask to go outside and make me get up.

Actually, those 5 steps with 170 are like 17 steps with 50.

You must really hate the bowling alley then....when some d-bag 7 year old puts the 6 pounder in the 12 pound rack.

I just find it funny that someone can sit there and bench two 120 lb dumbells and then refuses to carry them an extra three feet in order to put them back where they got them from. I'm in no way an overly clean person, but I do like keeping things in order.

I just find it funny that someone can sit there and bench two 120 lb dumbells and then refuses to carry them an extra three feet in order to put them back where they got them from. I'm in no way an overly clean person, but I do like keeping things in order.

Why don't you just make straightening the dumbell racks part of your workout?