Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

American presidential candidates are horrible

Amen. Can someone please point out Concord, MA to Representative Bachman on a map I think knowing basic, hs US History, like "the shot heard 'round the world" should be a prerequisite for local government office, let alone thinking of a presidential bid ... I didn't think it was possible to make Palin look like at the brains of the outfit, but Bachman has done it.

Kids and being Russian. I am already missing starts of hockey games for 5th grade tournanment basketball and now soccer started this week with my other two and it's always rushing here and rushing there.

Это засасывает

I don't know how it is for you folks in the metro B-lo area but in my neck of the woods it looks like the plows and salt has already been put away for the season. Snow, slush, and an icy coating underneath for the ride into work. It stopped snowing hours ago. WTF? 60 minute commute this morning. Sucks.

And a bonus complaint;

My son is 13. He joined the track team this year. Came home from practice and ate 2 plates of spaghetti, damn near half a loaf of garlic bread, and a huge bowl of ice cream. I'm feeling $200 grocery bills in my immediate future. I'm goin' on a diet so I can afford to feed the kid.

Made the trip to the Sabres game last weekend and my mission was to buy a sabres car flag. It's always a great feeling driving around Toronto with my flag flying proudly. However, I think it's more of a playoff thing so I wanted to wait to put it on my car once I knew we were in for sure. I thought I placed it high enough up that my great dane would not notice it or reach it. I was wrong, it's destroyed! Living out here it's not like I can to go the nearest Target or wherever to pick another one up..... Now I'm left without my flag :( :cry:

Made the trip to the Sabres game last weekend and my mission was to buy a sabres car flag. It's always a great feeling driving around Toronto with my flag flying proudly. However, I think it's more of a playoff thing so I wanted to wait to put it on my car once I knew we were in for sure. I thought I placed it high enough up that my great dane would not notice it or reach it. I was wrong, it's destroyed! Living out here it's not like I can to go the nearest Target or wherever to pick another one up..... Now I'm left without my flag :( :cry:

FWIW... My link

I still need to get one of these myself. 8" sabres decal

Now for the complaint. I'm with Cheez. FU SNOW!

Always the beach, Ink. Get your toes in the sand!

You can go to the pool anywhere.

To be honest, we've hit both everyday this week. We are off to a nature excursion at Lover's Key. BTW, the beach is right out the back door whenever we want it. :)

I don't know how it is for you folks in the metro B-lo area but in my neck of the woods it looks like the plows and salt has already been put away for the season. Snow, slush, and an icy coating underneath for the ride into work. It stopped snowing hours ago. WTF? 60 minute commute this morning. Sucks.

And a bonus complaint;

My son is 13. He joined the track team this year. Came home from practice and ate 2 plates of spaghetti, damn near half a loaf of garlic bread, and a huge bowl of ice cream. I'm feeling $200 grocery bills in my immediate future. I'm goin' on a diet so I can afford to feed the kid.

our daughters are 5 and 6, and we've noticed a marked spike in their appetites over the last few weeks. used to be we'd give 'em a little plate of whatever, and they'd eat maybe 3/4s. now they're asking for seconds and thirds. we've started giving them much larger portions, and they down it and half a gallon of milk at dinner. thankfully, the wife is a pro at coupon clipping and deal hunting. our grocery bills rarely exceed $50-60 a week, though that might change with the way the girls' appetites are growing exponentially.

To be honest, we've hit both everyday this week. We are off to a nature excursion at Lover's Key. BTW, the beach is right out the back door whenever we want it. :)

Ah, the old "nature excursion" at Lover's Key. :thumbsup:

*wink, wink*

Yes, this. The next tree-hugger that utters the phrase "global warming" is getting a mouthful of yellow snow. :pirate:

Global warming and colder, snowier winters are not mutually exclusive.

Somehow, that's my complaint.

So today in class we heard a story: A woman called a poison control center very upset because her daughter ate ants. The lady who answered reassured her that eating a few ants was perfectly ok and she did not have to rush her child to the hospital. After chatting a bit longer the woman said she had probably overreacted because she had given her daughter ant killer so all the ants were dead now anyways... Epic Fail. :wallbash:

People are vary lazy with the fridge in my office...every time I go over there, one of the fridge doors or the freezer door is left slightly open.

Also, if you're in a busy grocery store aisle, don't lollygag in the middle of the aisle and gawk at the shelves looking for your item. The entire aisle is not yours. You have plenty of room to look at the shelves if you're not in the middle.

I dislocated my knee cap for the third time on the 10th playing hockey. Did it 5 minutes into the game but played the remaining 45. Went and got x-rays the next day. I've recovered mostly. Went to the sports med doc yesterday and it was a different doc than last time. He told me I should stop playing goal, because my kneecaps are abnormal and prone to dislocation and that if it keeps happening I'll need knee surgery. Needless to say, I'm crushed and pissed that the other doc never told me what this guy did.

He did say that by strengthening my quads I could reduce the chance of injury, but that's going to take time. Guess I'm hanging up the goalie pads for a while. :-/

I dislocated my knee cap for the third time on the 10th playing hockey. Did it 5 minutes into the game but played the remaining 45. Went and got x-rays the next day. I've recovered mostly. Went to the sports med doc yesterday and it was a different doc than last time. He told me I should stop playing goal, because my kneecaps are abnormal and prone to dislocation and that if it keeps happening I'll need knee surgery. Needless to say, I'm crushed and pissed that the other doc never told me what this guy did.

He did say that by strengthening my quads I could reduce the chance of injury, but that's going to take time. Guess I'm hanging up the goalie pads for a while. :-/

Do you sprain your MCL when you dislocate your knee cap?