Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

OK, I got the clearance to go to work today. Finally, after 2-1/2 weeks off. Unfortuantely I missed the whole damned press conference. And now I need to spend the next 90 minutes catching up to all of you yahoos and your incessant bickering.

Wait, that last part isn't really something to complain about, is it?

You work for a French guy too? Problem #1 here is that "upper management" consists of two people - Frenchie and his American wife, the EVP, who spends most of her time at their 2nd home in Hilton Head, and really has no clue what's going on. There's another VP who hates Frenchie with a passion. She's been here for ten years, but despite her disdain for the boss and his wife, she doesn't have the stones to go move on to something else. With the new promotion, I'm next in line after her.

Bonne chance is right. Our CEO has built an atmosphere of mistrust, apprehension and fear, and gets pissed off when the overworked, underpaid staff bolts for new opportunities. I've reached my tipping point, and as soon as I get a chance, I am gone.

People complaining about a storm that killed 12 people nationally. Personally I'm thankful when a storm doesn't end up as bad with all of the snow/ice that other areas end up with from it.

This.

Ownership change... Should be a huge deal. I just don't care, and I'm pissed that I don't care!

In 2002-2003, I was super excited about the TG deal.

Today, I don't care.

Just beat the penguins tomorrow.

Oh yeah, i'm also pissed that I have grad school work for 2 classes and my son broke his arm last weekend. Since he's not in any pain, I won't complain about that, just the lack of sleep!

People complaining about a storm that killed 12 people nationally. Personally I'm thankful when a storm doesn't end up as bad with all of the snow/ice that other areas end up with from it.

People complaining about people complaining in a complaint thread.

• Like (+1) 1

Why is there no GD Sabres game tonight? I don't know why but I just don't give a flying fig about the ownership change.

No sh*t, man, I mean, it has been forever. Tomorrow is ours, I guess.

And I have to go to some gallery opening. And it does NOT involve hockey. I will be one unhappy date, if we don't get out of there before 9.

Applying for my bosses job. This comes on the heals of my department VP essentially being castrated, the job is daunting, probably near impossible. I just felt thes opportunities don't com knocking very often, running my own department, having near autonomous control. I'm nervous as ######, not about getting it but what will happen if/when I do get it. Should find out in a couple of weeks.

Nor much of a complaint, just no where else to put it.

Applying for my bosses job. This comes on the heals of my department VP essentially being castrated, the job is daunting, probably near impossible. I just felt thes opportunities don't com knocking very often, running my own department, having near autonomous control. I'm nervous as ######, not about getting it but what will happen if/when I do get it. Should find out in a couple of weeks.

Good luck, man.

Go get it, Ink. I'll bet that anyone who has been here long enough to know you is pulling for you.

You'll rise to the occassion.

I still am only working part time as a valet. My wife has been paying most of the bills. Yea, THAT really makes me feel like a man. It sucks because I have degenerate disc disease, and I can't just take any job that comes along. I can't lift anything, can't stand for prolonged periods of time, I can barely get in and out of the cars I'm parking! I'm in constant pain! We're always broke, and disability insurance won't pay crap, so why bother applying for it right now? I'm just lucky Clarissa is so patient and understanding. I do what I can. I clean the house and clean up after our 9 pets while she's at work, and cook delicious dinners for her. It just hurts my pride that I can't work full time. My whole life, I worked my ass off, took care of business, paid the bills, stayed on top. And now because of my stupid annoying injury, I'm MR.MOM! It's just taking me awhile to adjust to the reality of it all.

Are you a robot?

I am f***ing sick of shoveling/snowblowing. The snow is 7-8 feet high to the sides of the driveway apron(due to all the previous clearing attempts). I got pissed the other day after the plow went by, got the snowblower out and cleared the 6 inches the plow dumped in the apron, right back in the street!

I hate it when you're in a stall in the public restroom and someone goes into the one next to you and slams their door shut so hard that it knocks yours loose.

And then slips a foot on your side of the wall? You don't have a wide stance do you?

My Complaints: Ignored member's posts still get e-mailed to you from subscribed threads, and their posts still show up when they are quoted by others.

Lacrosse tryouts before hockey has ended, with no opportunity to run around and regain the feel of a lacrosse stick.

Its friggin' freezing out AGAIN.

Cats.

I am f***ing sick of shoveling/snowblowing. The snow is 7-8 feet high to the sides of the driveway apron(due to all the previous clearing attempts). I got pissed the other day after the plow went by, got the snowblower out and cleared the 6 inches the plow dumped in the apron, right back in the street!

My dog is getting sick of crapping in a 2'x3' snowbound patch of grass. Today, she decided she had enough and made a valiant effort to the back of the yard. On the way back though she looked like the last scene for Elias in Platoon.

My dog is getting sick of crapping in a 2'x3' snowbound patch of grass. Today, she decided she had enough and made a valiant effort to the back of the yard. On the way back though she looked like the last scene for Elias in Platoon.

lol my dog, too -- I tried clearing an area for him after each of the storms, but down here it's all been melting and re-freezing so even if it isn't deep, it's icy and hard as a rock. Sometimes he gives up trying to walk on it and just takes a dump on the sidewalk instead. Can't say I blame the little guy.