Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Being off for a couples weeks after getting laid off has put me in a sour mood. I'm having a hard time motivating myself to do anything with my life. I'm a 23 year old college graduate applying for part time jobs at Tim Horton's because entry level jobs want 2-3 years experience for those same jobs. How the f*ck am I supposed to get experience, eh? :wallbash:

I have been fortunate enough to spend the ast month (sans last week) with a top notch placement management company. If you want to talk about job searching - I would be happy to help you and share the resources I have been given. I was skeptical at 1st because "I know what to do", but it has been tremendously helpful and everyone can benefit from their techniques.

Well, if its any constellation, I have 22 years experience in my field (electrical). I have some college.

I am being told I am over qualified for tow motor operators positions as well as other positions at the 10 to 12 dollar an hour range. :thumbdown:

I'm guessing either Orion or the Big Dipper.

It's good to go a few weeks between "jobs".

I got such good scores on my LSAT's I feel forced into Law school.

Options are good! Talk with lawyers and see what they love/hate about their jobs. Take the Birkman quiz http://www.birkman.com/ and take note of the areas you gravitate towards...

Pool Guys.. Never ever show up when they're suppose to. I've got a big time renovation on my pool. They are six weeks late starting. Have THE best reputation around for getting it right, so, they're worth the wait. But time after time, they slip the start date cause the weather, the job, the, the, the.. Our summer is half over, its a two-three week job once they start and now I'm heaading out of town for a month. Never ever thought I'd be done before they even started. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Being off for a couples weeks after getting laid off has put me in a sour mood. I'm having a hard time motivating myself to do anything with my life. I'm a 23 year old college graduate applying for part time jobs at Tim Horton's because entry level jobs want 2-3 years experience for those same jobs. How the f*ck am I supposed to get experience, eh? :wallbash:

United States Military.....

Is it true that you can not go tubin' in the Niagara river? I used to go swimming at Niawanda Park every day after work. If that's true, that means that on the entire 33 mile length of one of the greatest waterways on the east coast there is only 1, I repeat ONE, place to swim (Beaver Island). That is egregious.

The pussification of America is complete, God forbid anyone get hurt having fun. I hope the Erie County Sheriff is really proud of himself at how safe he has made us all. I guess he just wants to go home and watch Fox News in peace knowing that all the gas guzzling boats and jet skis are left in peace.

Is it true that you can not go tubin' in the Niagara river? I used to go swimming at Niawanda Park every day after work. If that's true, that means that on the entire 33 mile length of one of the greatest waterways on the east coast there is only 1, I repeat ONE, place to swim (Beaver Island). That is egregious.

The pussification of America is complete, God forbid anyone get hurt having fun. I hope the Erie County Sheriff is really proud of himself at how safe he has made us all. I guess he just wants to go home and watch Fox News in peace knowing that all the gas guzzling boats and jet skis are left in peace.

Um, we weren't "allowed" to when I was younger, like 1991 and on. We still did, but there were plenty of times we were told to get lost. Even with life jackets, they said it wasn't allowed.

We'd just head over to the shoots anyway, more fun... can't do that anymore either. They turned the bridge so you can't walk out to it. :thumbdown:

I'm not a big fan of defensemen who panic as I'm pressuring them and flip a puck straight up into the air into my throat.

I hate that you're playing hockey. I'm limited to one day a week right now because the only place in Rochester with open ice has two skate and shoots every week at most.

I hate that you're playing hockey. I'm limited to one day a week right now because the only place in Rochester with open ice has two skate and shoots every week at most.

I've played 4 games in 5 days... :)

I've played 4 games in 5 days... :)

I'm playing once a week too.

I hate when college kids come home for the Summer, join the local league, but in a division WAY to low for them beacuase they "just want to take it easy for the Summer", but then don't and just skate circles around us old guys. Don't they have any pride? I would be embarassed if I was that good playing in a division that low.

I hate when college kids come home for the Summer, join the local league, but in a division WAY to low for them beacuase they "just want to take it easy for the Summer", but then don't and just skate circles around us old guys. Don't they have any pride? I would be embarassed if I was that good playing in a division that low.

I'm filling in on a new team this summer. Their goalie is an older guy who can't move at all. We lost our first 2 months of games very badly. We were playing the games tight, but when more than half of the shots faced go in, you're in trouble. The league bounced us down to the lowest level based soley on our goal differential. We've been there for 2 games and we've won both as big as we were losing before. So in a way, we're kind of that team you're talking about, complete with 2 or 3 of those college kids, except this time, it's the league's fault, not ours. Every so often you'll get the good player like that who will try to spread the wealth and pass the puck all over the place. Not our kids. They want to go coast to coast every single game.

Last game was fun. The other team got frustrated, so they chipped away at me since they couldn't catch the college kids. One guy literally closelined me at one point as I make a quick move around him. Take a wild guess who wound up in the box. Me of course. It was fun though because I went crazy on the ref and got tossed.

I'm not a big fan of defensemen who panic as I'm pressuring them and flip a puck straight up into the air into my throat.

Doesn't sound like panic to me. Sounds like a good play to get you off his back. :)

Maybe you should flip a puck straight up into the air into his throat. :)

US Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2010

"Jeremy Roenick headlines a list of five members that make up the United States Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2010.

The class, which also includes Derian Hatcher, Kevin Hatcher, Art Berglund and Dr. V. George Nagobads, will be enshrined on October 21 at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, New York."

Seriously? They have to induct Derian Hatcher the year the event will be in Buffalo?