Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

We had one recently that ended in a few deaths and national news. Hope this turned out better.

I have no idea, I haven't seen anything on the news so I assume it did. He was doing about 40-50 in the left lane along the jersey barrier, so it was pretty easy to see him coming. And it was 4am so there was no one on the road.

Do Rochestarians look at you funny when dropping "the" in front of highway numbers? Us here locals don't do that kinda thang.

I haven't ever gotten any looks for it yet, but then most of my friends here aren't actually from Rochester. ;)

Bingo. Not to mention kidnapping family pets and throwing them in the ring with trained killing machines as training fodder and laughing as their own fighting dogs maimed and killed the untrained pets.

Wow. Did they really do that? First I've heard of that particular wrinkle. Disgusting if true.

When the pickle spear makes the hard-roll soggy in the takeout tray.

Hate that.

My tuna sandwhich's bread got soggy yesterday and its texture was gross. I almost couldn't eat it. Except I forgot my wallet and I was starving so I sucked it down. It was nasty as hell

Don't you want the pickle to make the tuna soggy?

Wow. Did they really do that? First I've heard of that particular wrinkle. Disgusting if true.

Vick - who was sentenced to 23 months in federal prison last Dec.10 for his role in bankrolling a dogfighting operation called "Bad Newz Kennels" on his Surry County (Va.) property and for killing some of the underperforming dogs - placed family pet dogs in the fighting ring as trained pit bulls and "caused major injuries" to the pets, according to a 17-page Department of Agriculture report released Friday.

The Aug. 28, 2008 report describes how Vick and two associates, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips, "thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2008/11/22/2008-11-22_report_michael_vick_threw_untrained_fami.html#ixzz0O5WFWoLQ

LINK

We had one recently that ended in a few deaths and national news. Hope this turned out better.

This is suddenly becoming a disturbing trend. Within 12 months, 4 people in the Albany area were killed (in 3 separate incidents) where the drivers were stoned or drunk and hopped onto an interstate going the wrong direction. I don't know if we're just hearing about it more or if it's really just happening more.

There is a red light not far from my house or second job that I hit every single time. It's not a major intersection but it turns red everytime I approach it. This light single handedly is responsible for 50% of my brake wear. I want to write the town about it. Hell, 75% of the time it turns red there is NOBODY crossing the intersection. One side of the intersection is apartments/condos, the other side a normal suburban neighborhood with about 15 entry/exit points. Why the hell is this light always turning red?

It's those cameras in the sky. They see your sporty car and make sure you don't get to start gunning it.

I agree that people who don't vote shouldn't bitch, but what's the answer for those of us who did vote and still find what local/state/federal governments are doing reprehensible? Apparently we're an "angry mob" if we show up and challenge politicians - and this is coming from a registered democrat who is scared crapless about the health care reforms being bandied about.

I'm no Democrat, but I know that there are plenty of Dems who feel like their party's selling them out for some system that is more about controlling the people than letting them decide what's best for themselves. Now I'm hearing about many people who voted for Obama who are now regretting it.

At least I can honestly say that I didn't vote for either Obama or McCain.

I'm no Democrat, but I know that there are plenty of Dems who feel like their party's selling them out for some system that is more about controlling the people than letting them decide what's best for themselves. Now I'm hearing about many people who voted for Obama who are now regretting it.

At least I can honestly say that I didn't vote for either Obama or McCain.

The average American is overweight, has 15k in credit card debt and is awaiting the onset of diabetes. Maybe being left to our own devices isn't such a good thing. :doh:

A non-complaint - I don't have to boycott the Bills for signing a POS dog fighting killer.

I may still have to boycott for keeping Skeletor on the sidelines and in charge, but one thing at a time.

I can't stand when I have to complain and the thread is locked.

Hockey refs suck. I made a rush from end to end and set up a goal that put us up 3-2. But because the refs were too lazy to skate they weren't in position to see it. They were still in the neutral zone. If a ref can't keep up with my blazing speed(cough) then I just feel sad for him. Our goal didn't count and we ended up losing 4-2. When I get mad and start complaining about the refs, if I here one more person say,"cut 'em some slack, they just don't make enough money." BS. I sure pay a lot of money to play. If they are only doing it for the money then, again, I just feel sad for them. They should have some pride and actually care about what they are doing.

I can't stand when I have to complain and the thread is locked.

Hockey refs suck. I made a rush from end to end and set up a goal that put us up 3-2. But because the refs were too lazy to skate they weren't in position to see it. They were still in the neutral zone. If a ref can't keep up with my blazing speed(cough) then I just feel sad for him. Our goal didn't count and we ended up losing 4-2. When I get mad and start complaining about the refs, if I here one more person say,"cut 'em some slack, they just don't make enough money." BS. I sure pay a lot of money to play. If they are only doing it for the money then, again, I just feel sad for them. They should have some pride and actually care about what they are doing.

That out of position thing happens way too much. We had one a few weeks back where we're down one late with the goalie pulled. The other team cleared the zone and came at me on a two on one with the empty net. Neither ref bothered to leave our offensive zone. The non-puck carrier on the other team then proceded to go offsides by 3 feet. No whistle. Luckily the other team even froze for a few seconds since they knew how offsides they were, giving me time to poke the puck away. We still didn't come back to win, but if they had gotten that empty net goal to ice away the game, I would've found a way to protest that game somehow.

And another one: We always get 2 refs and the second one the other day couldn't have been old enough to drink. He was also incredibly intimidated and wouldn't call a thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he never blew a single whistle. Really, why was the kid even out there?

I hate those stubborn people who continue to argue a point even when they've been proven wrong. They're just arguing it because it was their point and they want to keep showing that they firmly believe it and won't back down.

OK, great...your opinion is heard. But when you're wrong, you're wrong. Get over it.

I may have just had a monitor nearly blow up on me. I was sitting at my desk minding my own business when it started to make a sound pretty much like those high voltage sounds you'll hear in movies/tv/cartoons. I immediately shut it off and unplugged it. Then a pretty strong smoky smell followed. And to make matters slightly worse, when the computer guy came to take it away, I found out that I unplugged the wrong plug. So the thing was probably still a time bomb the whole time.

Now I'm stuck with this tiny old monitor that is really blurry. This is going to be an interesting day.

Speaking of computers... The other day we had a killer thunderstorm, lightning everywhere. Don't ask me how it happened but, I got zapped through my keyboard. Flash of lightning outside, the lights blink on and off quick and my hands go numb and tingly. WTF was that? Aren't these things somehow grounded?

I hate those stubborn people who continue to argue a point even when they've been proven wrong. They're just arguing it because it was their point and they want to keep showing that they firmly believe it and won't back down.

OK, great...your opinion is heard. But when you're wrong, you're wrong. Get over it.

What is worse is when everyone settles on the point and the moderator keeps repeating the same misinformation that started the discussion to begin with. Unfortunately, Wolf Blitzer, a Buffalo boy is relentless at this technique and so is the rest of Corporate New Network.

My complaint is about co-workers who are in the pocket of the boss and bitch and moan to them for no reason.

My boss tried to give me shite the other day for going on my break before the previous person came back. They are friends forever and he's a good guy but lazy as can be.

I happened to be helping a disabled person out to his car. It took us 6 mins to walk to his car, he's that disabled. I then continued on to my break, now 5 mins late to start it.

My boss comes in to the lunch room and says wait for the other person to come back. I told her what happened and that I in fact went late for my break and told her her buddy can stuff it. She then tries to tell me it wasn't him, which was untrue as the other guy knew that I did the carry out and so did the asst manager.

Maybe my boss would like to know her buddy leaves 5 mins early every night.

1- I am still sick.

2- How can the head of manufacturing also be the head of quality control? Isn't this a bit of conflicting interests? The man in charge of making the parts is also in charge of checking the parts. If his machine shop makes something wrong, then he just says that it is still functional and sign off on the part instead of making the part to the print. Since he deems the part functional, I guess he is in charge of engineering also. Am I the only one who sees this as a problem? Apparently so because that is how it works at my company. "Thinking Backwards Since 1972"

Forgive me in advance for any heresy SDS :rolleyes: ... But my complaint is, "I'm just not diggingng this new skin here yet..." I understand it's the bomb for the PDA crowd and I'm sure there probably are several admin/backend upgrades features that make it easier for you and the Mods but, specifically....., performance, widget placements/intuitivness and some things just not behaving the same(e.g. click on link used to open new page not take control of exisiting) still have me stumbling around it....... I now place myself at thy mercy sabrespace gods :worthy: and humbly ask ... could some of it be a browser version issue ?