Free Agency Frenzy

Corp000085

Anyone have a link for audio feed from TSN? I must be too tired to locate it on their page. Thanks!

Why? are you interested in watching Wimbeldon? They don't have anything gone on right now with hockey there, they are showing tennis. The website will be updating everything for now

I thought I heard somewhere that Malkin was seriously considering going back to his league in Russia. I guess the Pens blew him away with this.... <_<

The Russian teams are saturating the media with all these stories of how they're offering this guy $x and that guy $y. They want the players to think they're a serious option, but that doesn't mean any of the so called offers were ever even considered.

The Russian teams are saturating the media with all these stories of how they're offering this guy $x and that guy $y. They want the players to think they're a serious option, but that doesn't mean any of the so called offers were ever even considered.

According to TSN reports Omsk from the Russian league offered Jagr 3 years, $35M but his first choice is playing in the NHL.

This has been a somewhat uneventful UFA day. Specifically, only two major signings I can tell are Vrbata in Tampa and Brunette to Minnesota. Surprisingly a ton of trades taking place today, which I would not have expected on the first day of free agency. Given all the trade action, I'm surprised Darcy is not in the thick of things as he prefers to make trades than sign free agents anyway. Very strange day so far.

This has been a somewhat uneventful UFA day. Specifically, only two major signings I can tell are Vrbata in Tampa and Brunette to Minnesota. Surprisingly a ton of trades taking place today, which I would not have expected on the first day of free agency. Given all the trade action, I'm surprised Darcy is not in the thick of things as he prefers to make trades than sign free agents anyway. Very strange day so far.

He very well may be. We'll just have to wait and see.

He very well may be. We'll just have to wait and see.

It still does amaze me how some teams just say "He's a good player, lets get him" pick up the phone, hey, wanna play for us and make decent money, "NO SH1T I DO!!" and have him signed 10 minutes later.

Archived