Free Agency Frenzy

Corp000085

The feed to my computer is stinkaroo.

Can anyone tell me if he said anything of substance, though I'd be shocked if he did.

-working phones today but doesn't expect anything to come of it.

-looking for a backup goalie, and defensman

-happy with forward

-doesn't expect trades of any forwards until somtime during the summer when FA cools down.

All in all...for those with your high hopes of a major trade, or big free agent signing today...you'll have to come back and play another day.

My feed just butted out in mid-sentence...anyone know if that's it?

And Force, he's really just talking. He said he wants to go after backup goalie, d-man, and he really won't go after forwards. Nothing new here.

Good. I don't expect him to say much until AFTER 12:01pm. He'd be stupid to say anything of significance right now.

Which makes the PC an hour before FA starts even DUMBER. <_<

It was probably Quinny's idea.

"Hey Darce, we should have a press conference before FA starts!"

"uhhh...I don't reall--"

"I scheduled it for 11:00, see you there!"

-working phones today but doesn't expect anything to come of it.

-looking for a backup goalie, and defensman

-happy with forward

-doesn't expect trades of any forwards until somtime during the summer when FA cools down.

All in all...for those with your high hopes of a major trade, or big free agent signing today...you'll have to come back and play another day.

Thanks.

I don't think this means that nothing will happen on the Sabres end today, though. He's not going to say that he's going to do something huge and show his hand.

So while this does temper expectations a bit, we still might have something interesting to talk about regarding Buffalo.

Or if not, we'll get a look at the next round of rising salaries.

The New Jersey Devils and defenceman Bryce Salvador have agreed to terms on a four-year deal worth an average of $2.9 million per season.

The Devils have also re-signed left wing Jay Pandolfo and declined an option on forward Sergei Brylin, according to the Bergen Record. The team also re-signed David Clarkson and Barry Tallackson, plus recent draftees Matt Halischuk and Vladimir Zharkov.

Salvador, 32, was acquired by the Devils in a trade that sent Cam Janssen to St. Louis at the trade deadline and he had zero points in eight games with the Devils before suffering a fractured clavicle and missing the final 14 games of the season.

A reliable defensive defenceman, Salvador has 63 points and a minus-15 rating in 455 career games but was a career-best plus-12 in 2007-2008.

Pandolfo, an 11-year veteran, had 12 goals and 24 points in 54 games last season.

DEVILS RE-SIGN SALVADOR, PANDOLFO

A press conference an hour before FA begins. Sometimes I wonder what is going on down there. :blink: :blink:

Either the joke is on me, or everyone else is confused. ?The link says the presser was at 11am YESTERDAY. ?25 hours before FA opens.

TSN reporting:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are closing in on an extension with Evgeni Malkin that is believed to mirror the extension Pens captain Sidney Crosby signed in July of 2007, a five-year deal averaging $8.7 million.

Sources tell TSN that Pittsburgh general manager Ray Shero and Malkin's agent J.P Barry are believed to be finalizing the details with an announcement exected either later today or tomorrow.

TSN reporting:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are closing in on an extension with Evgeni Malkin that is believed to mirror the extension Pens captain Sidney Crosby signed in July of 2007, a five-year deal averaging $8.7 million.

Sources tell TSN that Pittsburgh general manager Ray Shero and Malkin's agent J.P Barry are believed to be finalizing the details with an announcement exected either later today or tomorrow.

Holy !#@#. That's quite the chunk of change.

per TSN 12:05pm

Sources tell TSN the Detroit Red Wings and veteran defenseman Brad Stuart have agreed to terms on a four-year contract that averages $3.75 million per season.

Stuart, 28, joined the Red Wings in a trade from the Los Angeles Kings and he played a solid top-four role in helping Detroit to a Stanley Cup victory.

The deal also included a limited no-trade clause in the last two years of the contract. Stuart has moved around a fair bit in recent seasons, getting traded from San Jose to Boston in 2005 (as part of the Joe Thornton trade), from Boston to Calgary in 2007 before signing in Los Angeles as a free agent last summer.

In 63 games with the Kings, Stuart had 21 points and was minus-16 but, given a stronger supporting cast in Detroit, he finished with two points and a plus-6 in nine regular season games before an impressive postseason in which he tallied seven points and a plus-15 rating, while playing 21:40 per game in 21 games.

In the Malkin story on TSN...

The Penguins also agreed to a three-year deal with forward Pascal Dupuis.

Dupuis, who would have been an unrestricted free agent, agreed to a three-year deal this morning, worth $1.4 million per season.

Link...you may have to scroll a little bit.

Archived