Free Agency Frenzy

Corp000085

It was after we lost them. Cuz they knew if they didn't match the offer after losing two captains that HSBC Arena would probably still be burning.

haha right, I remember now.

well, this hour of free agency has been terribly boring. I guess I'll just go back to work. :doh:

RUMOR: Kolzig contacted by Lightning, per sportsnet.ca. Also, the guy who makes stuff up is probably actually just getting his info from sportsnet, since he's reporting it too.

they've been speculating that one in tampa for a while now. the st. pete times confirmed it this morning.

"Kolzig would be a terrific mentor for Mike Smith, and coach Barry Melrose, this morning, indicated the team "had some goalie issues we need to take care of." There apparently has been an internal debate as to whether backup Karri Ramo needs some more seasoning in the minors. If Kolzig agrees, that would end the debate. And Kolzig, 38, would be a proved replacement if Smith, who has never played a season as a No. 1, falters. Kolzig apparently still wants to start, but a meaningful backup gig might be worth considering."

Archived