GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Vanek touched Roy's shot? :unsure: with what - a hanging thread on his jersey?

I'm more than a little annoyed that they took Roy's goal away. He did 100% of the work and had just an incredible, off angle, off balance (as I recall) bullet into the net. How Vanek effected that shot at all is beyond me..

I'm not sold on this teams character. They could come out and drop a stinker as easily as they could blow them out of the building. Prove it to me, damn you!

How could you be right twice in the same sentence with two contradictory thoughts? You da man.. A stinker and a blowout...

I'm more than a little annoyed that they took Roy's goal away. He did 100% of the work and had just an incredible, off angle, off balance (as I recall) bullet into the net. How Vanek effected that shot at all is beyond me..

While I agree that it should be Roy's goal, because even after watching the replay I'm not convinced it actually touched Vanek, you can't belittle Vanek's impact on that goal. His screen of the goalie is the reason that shot had a chance of going in.

A little karma for Roy, who was credited with a hat trick against Atlanta a few months ago when he scored a third goal on a shot that ticked off his skates while he was falling in the crease after Paille had already gotten the shot through the goalie?

While I agree that it should be Roy's goal, because even after watching the replay I'm not convinced it actually touched Vanek, you can't belittle Vanek's impact on that goal. His screen of the goalie is the reason that shot had a chance of going in.

A little karma for Roy, who was credited with a hat trick against Atlanta a few months ago when he scored a third goal on a shot that ticked off his skates while he was falling in the crease after Paille had already gotten the shot through the goalie?

If youwatch the play closely, look at Tampas reaction. They knew Vanek touched it and started to complain he hit it with a high stick. Obviously the stick wasn't high but he definitely touched it and i'm not sure it goes in if he doesn't.

He did get a stick on it and it was maybe an inch on the redirect.

Either way he is there on the screen.

Good post overall, but there is no way that goal to start the second - Vinny's first on the cross-ice pass when 4 of our 5 guys were in the corner - is on Ryan. He came across to try to stop a one-timer, and Vinny stopped it and settled it before shooting. There wasn't much Ryan could do on that.

Maybe I phrased my sentence wrong. I was trying to say that the very first TB goal set the tone for the first two periods. Miller had little chance on the other 3.

Vanek touched Roy's shot? :unsure: with what - a hanging thread on his jersey?

I kind of thought he deflected at the time, but I wasn't complaining; it went in. Too bad we don't play Tampa Bay three more times this year- Vanek would have a lock on getting 40 goals. :D

I kind of thought he deflected at the time, but I wasn't complaining; it went in. Too bad we don't play Tampa Bay three more times this year- Vanek would have a lock on getting 40 goals. :D

Seriously. Two natural hat tricks after the second intermissions, each of which included the tying and go-ahead goals.

Who was it that suggested that after his first hat trick against Ottawa? That had to have been one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen around here... and that even includes your slap fights with deluca. ;)

Careful, remember Pete Peeters early posts or Frank Rizzo's.

Seriously, point taken, I remember that post comparing him to Satan, didn't even think it deserved a response.

I was at the game last night, man did those first two periods suck. We all booed big time after the second. Watched the post game with Lindy on the DVR and he said the players heard it and said the fans could have booed even louder given the way they played.

The other thing I heard in the post game was the interview with Vanek. His words were something like "Ales isn't a true center and I'm glad he's off our line and Staffs back, he can't really do much" I guess there's no way to say politely to Ales that he sucks as a center or to tell Lindy that he wants Staff on the wing with Roy. Can't remember but isn't Roy listed as center? was he playing wing the first two periods with Ales at Center?

The Goose rocked last night BTW, great work behind the net.

Maybe I phrased my sentence wrong. I was trying to say that the very first TB goal set the tone for the first two periods. Miller had little chance on the other 3.

Fair enough. B-)

I was at the game last night, man did those first two periods suck. We all booed big time after the second. Watched the post game with Lindy on the DVR and he said the players heard it and said the fans could have booed even louder given the way they played.

The other thing I heard in the post game was the interview with Vanek. His words were something like "Ales isn't a true center and I'm glad he's off our line and Staffs back, he can't really do much" I guess there's no way to say politely to Ales that he sucks as a center or to tell Lindy that he wants Staff on the wing with Roy. Can't remember but isn't Roy listed as center? was he playing wing the first two periods with Ales at Center?

The Goose rocked last night BTW, great work behind the net.

Vanek was talking about playing wing with Ales and Max. I don't think he really commented at all about Stafford being on his line just that he preferred to play with Derek because he has played with him since Rochester.

Careful, remember Pete Peeters early posts or Frank Rizzo's.

Seriously, point taken, I remember that post comparing him to Satan, didn't even think it deserved a response.

(originally Frank Rizzo). I never ripped on Vanek, or any other Sabre, so how did my name get brought up? I've blasted hard at Regier for his lack of contract management skills, and constant recycling of players.

I've also said, even before the season that the Sabres will be lucky to make the playoffs, and if they did make the playoffs, they would be bounced in the first round. When I made a post of playoff predictions, and people predicted the Sabres to win the Stanley Cup, I also said "That would be great. I would love to see it". I've been a die-hard Bills/Sabres fan since the early 80's, and I will support Buffalo sports, no matter how much I may dislike ownership/management decisions.

I hope the Sabres can continue to play as well as they have been the last 3 games. I saw the highlights of the game last night on the NHL network, and the goal Vanek batted out of the air into the net was a thing of beauty. It was great to see them comeback that strong in the 3rd period. I would like to see the Sabres make the playoffs and go far, it wouldn't feel right if they missed the playoffs after 2 great seasons of back-to-back E.C. finals.

(originally Frank Rizzo). I never ripped on Vanek, or any other Sabre, so how did my name get brought up? I've blasted hard at Regier for his lack of contract management skills, and constant recycling of players.

I've also said, even before the season that the Sabres will be lucky to make the playoffs, and if they did make the playoffs, they would be bounced in the first round. When I made a post of playoff predictions, and people predicted the Sabres to win the Stanley Cup, I also said "That would be great. I would love to see it". I've been a die-hard Bills/Sabres fan since the early 80's, and I will support Buffalo sports, no matter how much I may dislike ownership/managements decisions.

I hope the Sabres can continue to play as well as they have been the last 3 games. I saw the highlights of the game last night on the NHL network, and the goal Vanek batted out of the air into the net was a thing of beauty. It was great to see them comeback that strong in the 3rd period. I would like to see the Sabres make the playoffs and go far, it wouldn't feel right if they missed the playoffs after 2 great seasons of back-to-back E.C. finals.

Relax, were on the same side most of the time. I was referring to some of your early posts that seem to take on a personal attack mode.

Relax, were on the same side most of the time. I was referring to some of your early posts that seem to take on a personal attack mode.

No problem. After a offseason/season of frustration, I had to blurt out how I felt about our management, when I first starting posting here. I love Buffalo sports, and do whatever I can to support them, even though I live in VA now.

Archived