GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

The good news is that this game is still important. The bad news of Philly beat Atlanta, and both Florida & Washington have bigger winning streaks than we do. A win allow of to leapfrog the Caps back to 9th while a loss will hard to ovecome in the playoff race.

Here of the NHL preview...

Go Sabres!

I was hoping that Tampa was folding up the season after the trade deadline. They seem to be on a roll. This one won't be easy. Buffalo needs to begin winning reliably at home or all is for naught. Starts tonight.

Buffalo always plays tampa very well. I'm optimistic about this one. LETS GO BUFFALO!

Their new goalie they got for Richards shut out the Rags. I'm not as optimistic. You're right, we've dominated them, and they know it. I think they will be gunning for us...

Sabres NEED this one tonite, as well as TOR later this week.... bc then we have OTT 2x and then Montreal I think...... need these 4 pts desperately..... which goes without saying I guess

It's funny how quickly Buffalo fans emotions change after a win or 2.... or a loss or 2 for that matter.... when our team loses its the end, we get angry, curse them, etc.... its over!...when they win there are positive posts, hope, happiness, excitement, etc....

I am just as guilty as gthe next guy....is that just aprt of being a Buffalo sports fan? I know people and friends that are much more even "keeled" about their teams..... but Buffalo fans seem to take wins and losses to the extreme. Agree?

Maybe it's because they are such a young team and they feel all the pressure we put on them, but they don't seem to get up for a game as much when they are at home. I really hope this doesn't happen tonight. I also would love to see Vanek light it up tonight. He really needs it and I think it would fire up the whole team.

Bah, there are 8 more games after this one, they can take this one off. :ph34r:

We are still very much in this, but every game might as well be a must-win. This team is streaky and right now that streak is an upward one. Hope they keep that going.

Nothing less than seven of the remaining nine is going to be needed to get in IMHO. I'm hopeful but not expectant. And that means: sweep Boston, sweep Toronto, beat the Lightning, and split with Ottawa and Montreal. It also implies winning on the last day of the regular season, ie, win to get in. And it is a road game where Boston will have the same issues. Anything short of this will not work. Boston has been really tough versus the Sabres so a sweep seems improbable. I can see maybe splitting with Ottawa. Splitting with Montreal doesn't seem realistic.

Of course it is all academic if the Lightning slip past the Sabres. A 3-point game, with a Buffalo win tonight, is perfectly fine, albeit nerve wracking.

From Tampa Bay's GDT:

"I have really mixed feelings about this game tonight. Although I want to see the Lightning pull out another win, Buffalo and Washington seem to have the greatest chance of moving up to the 8th playoff spot. At this point of the season, when our games mean absolutely nothing, I wouldn't be all that upset about a Sabres win, especially if it means kicking Philthadelphia to the curb. "

Good Karma or

Archived