GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

The first goal was bad, but the second one was a deflection he had no chance on and the others we had some serious D breakdowns. Not to excuse them all, but Miller's been doing his part.

I just rewound the DVR and watched some of the beginning of the game, and it looks like Pratt gets a piece of the Halpern shot - just enough to redirect it. If you look at Miller's reaction it looks like he was playing the puck as if it was going to his left a little more and threw out the leg/blocker late.

BTW, I was thinking about this during the first couple periods, then Ray kind of backed up what I was thinking - Halpern is the type of veteran leader I'd like to see in Buffalo. Gritty, can score, has been around - I think he'd fit in well.

Wanna talk about just how much Pominville is gonna cost to sign now that he is turning into a point per game player?? Imagine what it will cost next year if he continues his improvement??

I'd offer him the same contract as they gave Roy on the first day and I'd be willing to negotiate up a little, too.

Wanna talk about just how much Pominville is gonna cost to sign now that he is turning into a point per game player?? Imagine what it will cost next year if he continues his improvement??

:angry:

Let us bask for an hour, at least!

;)

I just rewound the DVR and watched some of the beginning of the game, and it looks like Pratt gets a piece of the Halpern shot - just enough to redirect it. If you look at Miller's reaction it looks like he was playing the puck as if it was going to his left a little more and threw out the leg/blocker late.

BTW, I was thinking about this during the first couple periods, then Ray kind of backed up what I was thinking - Halpern is the type of veteran leader I'd like to see in Buffalo. Gritty, can score, has been around - I think he'd fit in well.

And then there was that brawl started by Halpern (but somehow didn't get a penalty) that lead to the Tampa power play goal to go up 2-0. He played a huge role in that 1st period.

I'd offer him the same contract as they gave Roy on the first day and I'd be willing to negotiate up a little, too.

I go 10 years $55 million. Stagger it so he makes the most money in the contract when he's 28-30 and then less money in the last few years. I never want to see Pominville wearing any other uniform besides the Captain's C and #29 for the Buffalo Sabres.

And then there was that brawl started by Halpern (but somehow didn't get a penalty) that lead to the Tampa power play goal to go up 2-0. He played a huge role in that 1st period.

I couldn't believe that Halpern skated away with no penalty from that. Max certainly deserved one, but Halpern kept going afterwards and the refs just yelled at him.

I'm officially jumping off the Vanek wagon. I have stuck by him all season, even though I never really liked much about his game. When he isn't scoring goals he is completely useless. I hate the way he skates, I hate the faces he makes, I hate his attitude with reporters, I hate his number, I hate the fact that he will be a Sabre when I am in my 40's, I hate the fact that he makes the most money on the team, I hate Thomas #%^$#!ing Vanek.

I think Inkman should go on a gameday rant about Max next. :lol:

Meanwhile, in the Western Conference, the Red Wings overcame the officiating of Nick Magoo as Zetterberg scores a third period, natural hat trick as the Wings beat the Blue Jackets 3-1. If you get a chance, check out the hightlights on that one; on the first and third goals, Zetty absolutely undressed the Blue Jackets.

A look at our future D: Sekera and Weber both a +5 tonight with 23:01 and 20:48 TOI. Not bad for the kids!

Yes. I love their combination. Sekera is just always where he's supposed to be and Weber plays the body better than any Sabres D in recent memory. If you pattern team off them on D, and let Kaleta set the tempo on the forward lines, wow, what a fun team to watch.

For those scoring at home - Max got 12:13 of total ice time, but had just four shifts for 2:29 in the third period.

As it should be thats' when Lindy's at his best rewarding the players that are working hard just like he did after the second goal by Pominville putting the same line back out and they(hecht) get another.... Thats just the way it should be done.

I couldn't believe that Halpern skated away with no penalty from that. Max certainly deserved one, but Halpern kept going afterwards and the refs just yelled at him.

That and he leveled Max from behind in front of the net, which is why Max went after him.

Archived