GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

The other thing I heard in the post game was the interview with Vanek. His words were something like "Ales isn't a true center and I'm glad he's off our line and Staffs back, he can't really do much" I guess there's no way to say politely to Ales that he sucks as a center or to tell Lindy that he wants Staff on the wing with Roy. Can't remember but isn't Roy listed as center? was he playing wing the first two periods with Ales at Center?

The Goose rocked last night BTW, great work behind the net.

Wow, I missed that. I don't know if he should be calling anybody out like that considering that he hadn't been playing well for about 7 games, even when he was with Roy. That's why he got stuck with Ales and Max.

Roy is a center and often is double-shifted with two lines. Goose moved up to second line (or is it first?) center between Pominville and Hecht, leaving a hole at third line center. Mair has been playing too well with Kaleta to take off the fourth line, so Ales got to center the misfit third line between Max and Vanek. Ales has also played on Roy's right wing many times, whether on Derek's initial line or when he's double-shifting on the third line. I don't remember seeing Roy on the wing this year, except on the powerplay, where Goose or Vanek is the "center" standing right in front of the net.

Wow, I missed that. I don't know if he should be calling anybody out like that considering that he hadn't been playing well for about 7 games, even when he was with Roy. That's why he got stuck with Ales and Max.

Roy is a center and often is double-shifted with two lines. Goose moved up to second line (or is it first?) center between Pominville and Hecht, leaving a hole at third line center. Mair has been playing too well with Kaleta to take off the fourth line, so Ales got to center the misfit third line between Max and Vanek. Ales has also played on Roy's right wing many times, whether on Derek's initial line or when he's double-shifting on the third line. I don't remember seeing Roy on the wing this year, except on the powerplay, where Goose or Vanek is the "center" standing right in front of the net.

To be fair, Thomas didn't sat say he's glad he is off his line, he just said that he is comfortable with Roy after all these years and that Ales isn't a true center.

Of course, Ales always was a center before coming to Buffalo and still plays center on his Czech team.

Relax, were on the same side most of the time. I was referring to some of your early posts that seem to take on a personal attack mode.

I love how so many people have a drastic change in style after their first couple posts. You've definitely done the same thing. I wish I could go back and find mine.

The other thing I heard in the post game was the interview with Vanek. His words were something like "Ales isn't a true center and I'm glad he's off our line and Staffs back, he can't really do much" I guess there's no way to say politely to Ales that he sucks as a center...
Vanek was talking about playing wing with Ales and Max.

... so Ales got to center the misfit third line between Max and Vanek.

I'm glad you brought this up cheese, I noticed Vanek's commments and despite the win, my sentiments about Vanek haven't really changed. He threw Ales and Lindy under the bus in a very Afinogenov way. He could have just as easily praised Roy without hammering on Ales and the coach for playing him with Kotalik. Just as I was never really on board with Briere, I'm not really on board with Vanek. He's a selfish a-hole, who doesn't really see the big picture.

I love how so many people have a drastic change in style after their first couple posts. You've definitely done the same thing. I wish I could go back and find mine.

In my case, I had spent a couple of months reading this board before I registered and I think its human nature to get more outraged against those that you don't agree with as opposed to enthusiastic over those you agree with. I regret that some of my early stuff lost its relevance because some people had lined up to dismiss everything I posted based on my first posts. I know there are some people, DeLuca not withstanding, that still have no use for me and I 'm comfortable with that.

I think everyone goes throught he whole "Board culture acclimation process". I know when I first started on TBD, I came across as a giant tool, and well not really much has changed there but it did prepare me for life in SabreSpace.

In my case, I had spent a couple of months reading this board before I registered and I think its human nature to get more outraged against those that you don't agree with as opposed to enthusiastic over those you agree with. I regret that some of my early stuff lost its relevance because some people had lined up to dismiss everything I posted based on my first posts. I know there are some people, DeLuca not withstanding, that still have no use for me and I 'm comfortable with that.

Now just imagine if this was a multiple-team board. I've been on a big college hockey board for about 6 years now and its hilarious watching all the new posters who sign up just to whine about the guys who have been egging on people for years. Knowing that these "trolls" are actually decent human beings who love the game, its hilarious to see how many fish they consistently catch.

That's the great thing about this board though. Anyone who shows up trying to troll gets stomped out pretty quickly. We have our fun in the short term, but if you're only here to annoy and harass people, the posters as a whole don't tolerate it very long.

Now just imagine if this was a multiple-team board. I've been on a big college hockey board for about 6 years now and its hilarious watching all the new posters who sign up just to whine about the guys who have been egging on people for years. Knowing that these "trolls" are actually decent human beings who love the game, its hilarious to see how many fish they consistently catch.

That's the great thing about this board though. Anyone who shows up trying to troll gets stomped out pretty quickly. We have our fun in the short term, but if you're only here to annoy and harass people, the posters as a whole don't tolerate it very long.

I'm sure a lot of people come on here that are fans of different teams, and do some trolling. And others, like me who are disgruntled fans voice their opinions, and would like to hear other peoples opinions as well.

When I started out, I was very harsh on Regier. Don't get me wrong, Regier has done a lot of good as a GM. I feel Regier & Ruff have done an amazing job of finding players that are average or slightly above average on one team, and made them into better players. I do give majority of that credit to Ruff for molding those players, and getting the best out of them. My biggest problem with Regier is his contract management skills (there lack of). So if I flew off the handle on him, I'm sorry. But I never insulted anyone first on the board first. When someone started insulting me, I insulted back, and some people took offense to that. If you don't agree with my opinion, then that's fine, but if you throw insults my way, you're gonna get them back.

I'm more than a little annoyed that they took Roy's goal away. He did 100% of the work and had just an incredible, off angle, off balance (as I recall) bullet into the net. How Vanek effected that shot at all is beyond me..

I watched it in slow motion in HD. Vanek tipped it. I actually watched the slow motion replay in slow motion, and it's definite.

I'm glad you brought this up cheese, I noticed Vanek's commments and despite the win, my sentiments about Vanek haven't really changed. He threw Ales and Lindy under the bus in a very Afinogenov way. He could have just as easily praised Roy without hammering on Ales and the coach for playing him with Kotalik. Just as I was never really on board with Briere, I'm not really on board with Vanek. He's a selfish a-hole, who doesn't really see the big picture.

My post about what he said was (as mentioned and the smarter posters got) was a bit between the lines of what he said. As for TV selfish, maybe. He doesn't seem to change his persona much if he's winning or losing or scoring or not. He hasn't been humbled yet, maybe that's a good thing?

The other thing I heard in the post game was the interview with Vanek. His words were something like "Ales isn't a true center and I'm glad he's off our line and Staffs back, he can't really do much" I guess there's no way to say politely to Ales that he sucks as a center or to tell Lindy that he wants Staff on the wing with Roy. Can't remember but isn't Roy listed as center? was he playing wing the first two periods with Ales at Center?

Roy's first 2 periods were with Bernier and Paille.

As for the Vanek interview, he sort of caught himself, but it sounded to me like he didn't enjoy playing on a wing with Ales. I actually think Kotalik and Afinigenov played better when Vanek was moved off the line, but then again, the whole team played better after the lines were switched around.

Roy's first 2 periods were with Bernier and Paille.

As for the Vanek interview, he sort of caught himself, but it sounded to me like he didn't enjoy playing on a wing with Ales. I actually think Kotalik and Afinigenov played better when Vanek was moved off the line, but then again, the whole team played better after the lines were switched around.

Really? highlights from the first two periods could be on that "What were they thinking!" show. Maybe the Ales TV thing is a "Russia/German old school don't play in my backyard unless you brought your game" brewhaha. Where's the Bucky article? He must be on vacation.

Really? highlights from the first two periods could be on that "What were they thinking!" show. Maybe the Ales TV thing is a "Russia/German old school don't play in my backyard unless you brought your game" brewhaha. Where's the Bucky article? He must be on vacation.

I've finally figured it out. It's a 50 cent thing. We all know Ales is down with fiddy, while Vanek must be dwon with Fat Joe or Ja Rule... B-)

I've finally figured it out. It's a 50 cent thing. We all know Ales is down with fiddy, while Vanek must be dwon with Fat Joe or Ja Rule... B-)

Vanek settled with child and Ales is still a promiscuous, no-commitment bonobo chimpanzee?

Even teammates sometimes can't let go of the divisions between the long held debate among Austrians and Czechs over west coast vs. east coast rap.

Vanek was talking about playing wing with Ales and Max. I don't think he really commented at all about Stafford being on his line just that he preferred to play with Derek because he has played with him since Rochester.

He also said Ales was a good player but not a natural centerman and it was hard to set up plays without a true centerman on the line.

I'm officially jumping off the Vanek wagon. I have stuck by him all season, even though I never really liked much about his game. When he isn't scoring goals he is completely useless. I hate the way he skates, I hate the faces he makes, I hate his attitude with reporters, I hate his number, I hate the fact that he will be a Sabre when I am in my 40's, I hate the fact that he makes the most money on the team, I hate Thomas #%^$#!ing Vanek.

Don't do it Ink! Me feels he might have another natural hatty instore for us in the last 15 minutes! ;) ;)

God... I love being away from the board during these times!!!

I just had to read through this whole thread...

Bless me Father for I have sinned... Part 63:

I gave up on them after the second on my 9 year old son's advice [somebody's gotta be thrown under the bus, mine as well be that little rugrat!]... Boy was I floored when I peaked back in with 3 left!...

:D

Archived