2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

2 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

If Boston advances to the next round, no way they beat the Rangers/Hurricanes 

Probably. and they are supposed to lose to Florida too 

but with Swayman playing the way he is absolutely anything is possible. 

My theory? Florida has too many ex-Sabres on the roster and the B gives them nightmares 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Probably. and they are supposed to lose to Florida too 

but with Swayman playing the way he is absolutely anything is possible. 

My theory? Florida has too many ex-Sabres on the roster and the B gives them nightmares 🙂

Wrong generation, grandpa.

Grandpa Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, ... said:

Wrong generation, grandpa.

Grandpa Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

It's a legacy that isn't vanquished until it's vanquished. 

I still remember when St. Louis won the cup, Pat Maroon was a free agent and I said here the Sabres should sign him. I got laughed at, scoffed at, called a grandpa and a dinosaur, and was told by various geniuses that Maroon was over the hill and had nothing to offer. But carry on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Florida has too many ex-Sabres on the roster and the B gives them nightmares 🙂

Yep, like I said earlier,

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

This looks like the Sabres playing the Broons.

....even to the extent that FLA jumped out to the early lead, only to crumble.  Sabres City, man.

• Haha (+1) 1

I guess I never realized until last night that the Bs had 109 points to FLA 110. Much more evenly matched than expected. 

As for the game, FLA needs to step it up, they buzzed a little in the beginning, but man they just didn't have that "it" factor the playoffs require. 

Also, Bob left some openings and I think the Bruins have found something, he gave up all the goals over his shoulder basically.

11 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

If Boston advances to the next round, no way they beat the Rangers/Hurricanes 

People really need to stop saying things like this (Not just you)

With the way that Swayman is playing, I have seen nothing that tells me Boston isn’t capable of beating any team left.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You remember what ppl said about Pat Maroon in summer 2019? 

Btw in that game yesterday Florida scored 1 goal, Pat Maroon was on the ice for it. 

What did they say?

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

People really need to stop saying things like this (Not just you)

With the way that Swayman is playing, I have seen nothing that tells me Boston isn’t capable of beating any team left.

What did they say?

Idk, I don't remember what ppl said back in 2019. 

• Haha (+1) 1

In 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 we did not have a team that would have - in the end - benefited from what a Pat Maroon-type player brings. The idea is a non-starter.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's a legacy that isn't vanquished until it's vanquished. 

I still remember when St. Louis won the cup, Pat Maroon was a free agent and I said here the Sabres should sign him. I got laughed at, scoffed at, called a grandpa and a dinosaur, and was told by various geniuses that Maroon was over the hill and had nothing to offer. But carry on. 

No way was Maroon signing with Buffalo in 2019-2010. 

He signs with contenders, and then gives them a boost in the playoffs when the whistles are put away and the game play fits his style.  

8 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Bruins now 5-0 vs the Panthers this season.

Boston took a 3-0 lead last against FLA and then lost 4 straight.  This was one game, anything can happen. 

That said, I do think Boston could win this series.  

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You remember what ppl said about Pat Maroon in summer 2019? 

Btw in that game yesterday Florida scored 1 goal, Pat Maroon was on the ice for it. 

I remember you were one of them. You're always VERY opinionated come draft time and free agent ideas time. Easy to remember that. Don't remember who you wanted instead though. Just remembered you laughing at my idea. 

If you're going to use some stat like the above as a counter argument you really haven't watched the series or seen what he's contributed. Also, check out some of the Behind The B clips and see what he brought to the locker room and the culture. This was a bigger part of it than on ice and is exactly what the Sabres desperately need.

Bruins do more with less. Sabres do less with more. The missing elements are obvious. 

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No way was Maroon signing with Buffalo in 2019-2010. 

He signs with contenders, and then gives them a boost in the playoffs when the whistles are put away and the game play fits his style.  

You can't be sure of that. He'd just won the cup but his value wasn't as noticed at that point. Sure, he signed with Tampa as a contender then but he might have signed for more money somewhere else at that time. He's on his last legs now, but back then it would have helped the Sabres a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I remember you were one of them. You're always VERY opinionated come draft time and free agent ideas time. Easy to remember that. Don't remember who you wanted instead though. Just remembered you laughing at my idea. 

If you're going to use some stat like the above as a counter argument you really haven't watched the series or seen what he's contributed. Also, check out some of the Behind The B clips and see what he brought to the locker room and the culture. This was a bigger part of it than on ice and is exactly what the Sabres desperately need.

Bruins do more with less. Sabres do less with more. The missing elements are obvious. 

Oh ***** well if you remember it, it must be true right? 

Very well could have been against Maroon in 2019. Don't think he moves the needle for that team, it has significant issues. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ... said:

In 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 we did not have a team that would have - in the end - benefited from what a Pat Maroon-type player brings. The idea is a non-starter.

I think maybe in 2023, 2019 Maroon would have helped. 

41 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh ***** well if you remember it, it must be true right? 

Very well could have been against Maroon in 2019. Don't think he moves the needle for that team, it has significant issues. 

I only remember it because you insulted me at the time. It's a direction you enjoy going in when someone has a different world view to you. 

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I only remember it because you insulted me at the time. It's a direction you enjoy going in when someone has a different world view to you. 

Oh cool, what was the insult?