2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I am starting to think that the Sabrs actually need to blow the entire team up for better talent after seeing the rosters on these playoff teams. The problem is…how are they going to get better talent when they have wasted so many high draft picks on mediocre Players? 

The only solution is to trade their top level prospects for proven players and hope that somebody bites.

The Sabres are close right now.  They needed better coaching.  Let’s give Ruff a shot.  

They also need to replace 4-6 players on the current roster, depending on how much risk Adams will take.  Past tendencies are that he doesn’t cover risks.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Kenny Linseman was also a major Rat.  Butch Goring.  Matt Barnaby.  

For sure. Just something about Marchand.

21 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Why does Sammy look like he has tourettes

I swear I was gonna mention this earlier. There's a serious tick. I wonder....

Welp - finishing in Boston will be better. It'll do just fine.

21 minutes ago, ... said:

That's what happens when you sleep-walk through the first. Have to hand it to Boston for keeping the goonery under wraps.

Yeah Florida was flat knowing they were playing a desperate team. Now Boston has momentum and going back home. 

2 hours ago, ... said:

I predict copious Boston goonery in the third.

This did not age well. 🙂

I think everyone here would agree that we all hope Ruff can make the Sabres into a team that doesn't quit when they are back up against it the way the Bruins showed it tonight. 

I think they will still lose the series, but if they get lucky in game 6, game 7s are always a who knows what will happen thing. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

This did not age well. 🙂

It did not. In my defense, I was fully expecting the Panthers to take the lead sometime by 5 minutes into the third. Sesame Street Idk GIF

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Kane asserting his will on that last shift….can talk all we want about a bottom 6 but your top 6 needs at least one guy that plays like that.  At least when Kane wants to.  

There's absolutely no reason (physiologically) that Tage Thompson should not be able to play like that and assert his will. Can Ruff change the reason (psychological) that he doesn't? Stay tuned to next season to find out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

There's absolutely no reason (physiologically) that Tage Thompson should not be able to play like that and assert his will. Can Ruff change the reason (psychological) that he doesn't? Stay tuned to next season to find out. 

Ruff needs to turn Tage into a guy who plays with an edge a la Evander Kane?

Robot Wtf GIF

If/when we get to the playoffs, Tage will take some hits.  One would hope he delivers a few too.  I have video proof that he's capable.

And they don't have to be Umberger Soup hits.  Just effective physicality is all I think he needs to provide.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Have the playoffs been really uninteresting or is it just me? 

Actually asking

Uh,oh. Have you lost you’re love for the game?

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Uh,oh. Have you lost you’re love for the game?

On 12/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, Thorny said:

It’s starting to feel Frodo-esque. Have been carrying the burden of this “suffering” (thanks, Darcy, that choice of words really helps complete my analogy) for so long, once it’s eventually gone I’m not personally sure at this point if there truly will be any going back. The hurts are starting to go too deep.

I’m honestly worried about it. I’m worried about how this franchise makes me feel 

Ah, well, I’m sure it’ll be fine. Can’t give up.

On 4/25/2024 at 2:36 PM, Thorny said:

I worry about that lost magic too 

Appreciation for your ROR bit aside, I’ve always been an open book on this around here and indeed look to the board for help. I definitely find my love of the sport waning and have been wondering for a long time now how much I love hockey and the damn NHL, as opposed to the memories triggered amongst the companionship found when the team was decent.

I need the Sabres to be good. I need to know what I have left 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

If/when we get to the playoffs, Tage will take some hits.  One would hope he delivers a few too.  I have video proof that he's capable.

And they don't have to be Umberger Soup hits.  Just effective physicality is all I think he needs to provide.

I don't think he'd ever be Evander Kane level of physical but I could certainly see him dishing out some degree of physical play in the playoffs. He does show it in spurts, even this year, where in desperation or frustration he will genuinely hit and/or grind opposing players on the boards to use his size entirely for puck retrieval. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Appreciation for your ROR bit aside, I’ve always been an open book on this around here and indeed look to the board for help. I definitely find my love of the sport waning and have been wondering for a long time now how much I love hockey and the damn NHL, as opposed to the memories triggered amongst the companionship found when the team was decent.

I need the Sabres to be good. I need to know what I have left 

Not sure of your age. I think you're transitioning from young adulthood to very early middle age. You're a certain kind of fan at 20 and a different kind of fan at 40.

Edited by PASabreFan
Late middle age
  • Like (+1) 2