Happy Annual Leafs Elimination Day

While I'm never sad to see the Leafs eliminated, I was actually hoping they'd pull this one off, because I would have enjoyed the Bruins blowing a 3-1 series lead in the first round in consecutive seasons even more. It would have been the first time any team has lost with a 3-1 lead in consecutive seasons, let alone consecutive first rounds.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Not into being the playground bitch who laughs when his bully faceplants.

Comparing the leafs to a bully... 😂

They might be even further from bully status than the sabres

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think it's the end of the big 4. At least one of them is going to get moved, probably Marner. maybe Tavares. 

Domi and Bertuzzi were their best players in this series. Along with Knies. 

Don't both Marner and pj boy have NMC in their contracts ? 

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

I'd trade Skinner for a gift certificate to Mr. Sub. 

yep, if you get anyone to take that contract, you jump on it.  I don't care the return.   I'd package a couple of draft picks if it made the deal happen. 

2 minutes ago, Demoted said:

The Dolphins are turning into the NFL version of this team.

Imagine taking no joy in a Dolphins loss and being considered a terrorist sympathizer if you do. Truly a bizarre position to take as one person did earlier in this thread. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

The nut shot continues for Toronto sports fans as the Buffalo Bandits rally from down 8-4 to beat Toronto10-8 . Outscored Toronto 6-0 in the 4th. Bandits on to the final and the Leafs have golf company. 

Man, that's gotta hurt. 

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bg17 said:

Imagine taking no joy in a Dolphins loss and being considered a terrorist sympathizer if you do. Truly a bizarre position to take as one person did earlier in this thread. 

What about a Belichick in his prime loss?

PA lives too far from the border to get it.  Leafs are no different to him than Boston or Philly or any of our next tier rivals.

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

No playoffs for 13 years is awful but Leafs fans experience over that time might be worse.

Perspective is always a good thing to have. Sabres have managed to do both. Truly unique.

3 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Don't both Marner and pj boy have NMC in their contracts ? 

They do and it's definitely a problem for the Leafs but I'd say it's quite possible Marner would be fine to leave. He's the main whipping boy right now and only has one more year on his deal. He might be willing to waive the NMC for some teams, especially if those teams are ready to give him a big extension. 

Hard to say what the Leafs end up doing but I'm enjoying the media reactions that's for sure. After all the Toronto Toronto Toronto stuff you get all year from Canadian media this part of their season is always enjoyable.