GDT: 4/07/24 Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings 1 PM, TV: TNT and Radio

bob_sauve28

Expected result. Nothing surprising here. I didn't even watch the last 2 games, 5he writing has been on the wall for a good long while now.

We all know Adams and Granato will be back next season. And while I realize that doesn't sit well with many fans I am very curious as to what Adams thoughts are with regards to this team's expectations going forward.

I'll be around all spring and summer occasionally chiming in with some smart-assary. Try and have a good off season ya'll. Enjoy the summer Temps, do some out door recreation. It's another long off season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Nothing really to look forward to in the off-season. Another top 10 guy drafted that won’t be ready for years. Not going to sign or trade for any impact players. Same coaches coming back. 

here’s to likely year 14 of the drought…Rinse and repeat... . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Once again a bad start.   Big mistakes by young players.  

Once we fell behind we got Lyoned like last year versus Florida.  

Just not enough.  Dahlin and Tage came to play but the lineup overall has a lot of garbage players, and lacks players that know how to win at this level.  

I’m really starting to not like the Mitts for Byram trade.  We need a center badly and created a huge hole.  Is Adams going to hand a job to a prospect?   We will find out.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

I wish terrible things for Kane and Lyon for the rest of their days, find some witch doctor, we can all pitch in.

Top line played well

Benson played well, Quinn looked awful, Cozens seemed to stop being a rumbler after his fight which is concerning.

3rd line was effectively Krebs and Skinner taking turns being relevant but never simultaneously.

4th line did its job fine.

Dahlin was great, and deserved a far better ending. Liked seeing him wreck Compher and Edvindson; I love when he shows his edge but he can't do it often seeing as he kinda has to be their best Dman in every aspect most nights

Power was ok and then he took a puck to the face

Bryson was small but ok until he took a stick to the eye

Clifton played fine

Byram was a rollercoaster of somewhat good and bad 

Jokiharju, who has had a bounce back year yet again sees to crumble under pressure. Like the team itself mostly crumbles but he's like the poster child for making absolutely inexplicable plays in clutch situations. He's a reverse Justin Williams.

UPL was solid, could I complain; sure but I can't exactly fault him for giving up a goal to arguably the best American player ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Which means they are a lot better once you hit the first intermission, meaning the coaches are great at making adjustments.  It can be argued either way.  To me wins and losses, goals scored vs allowed across the entire game matter, when goals are scored vs allowed mean virtually nothing compared to the totals across the entire game.

They lost. Because getting better after the first intermission, didn't ***** matter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

When Byram got to Buffalo, he was.the most vocal guy on the bench and had some jam to his game. Within a week he was Sabretized by the culture. If that doesn't prove there is a serious problem within the organization, then nothing will. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Nothing really to look forward to in the off-season. Another top 10 guy drafted that won’t be ready for years. Not going to sign or trade for any impact players. Same coaches coming back. 

here’s to likely year 14 of the drought…Rinse and repeat... . 

Hey, they drafted  Benson at 13 last year and he made the team.  What does that say about the level of our forwards?  

Looking forward to see what Adams does with this coaching staff.  
Looking forward to how Adams handles Byram’s contract.  
Looking forward to see how they replace Mitts.  
Looking forward to acquiring a big, tough, hard hitting heavyweight defenseman.  
Looking forward to adding a power forward.  
Looking forward to fixing the 4th line. 

Looking forward to Adams replacing the 8 worst players on this team next year.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

Hey, they drafted  Benson at 13 last year and he made the team.  What does that say about the level of our forwards?  

Looking forward to see what Adams does with this coaching staff.  
Looking forward to how Adams handles Byram’s contract.  
Looking forward to see how they replace Mitts.  
Looking forward to acquiring a big, tough, hard hitting heavyweight defenseman.  
Looking forward to adding a power forward.  
Looking forward to fixing the 4th line. 

Looking forward to Adams replacing the 8 worst players on this team next year.  

You're looking forward to things that won't be happening. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Stick a fork in ‘em.

Byram is terrible lol 

Byram looked good for a game or two, but then got poisoned by the Granato disease and has regressed to the purgatory where all good hockey players go to die.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

When Byram got to Buffalo, he was.the most vocal guy on the bench and had some jam to his game. Within a week he was Sabretized by the culture. If that doesn't prove there is a serious problem within the organization, then nothing will. 

Yes.  He is ordinary right now.  

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Wahlberg has an assist and a +3 with time remaining in the 1st period.

He has fit right in. Big kid that plays that way. 

34 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Call him up or not

I vote for not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Adams is making money for Pegula?

Yes, from opposing teams fans buying up tix. Mainly Toronto and Montreal. But I've never seen fans from other teams as much as this season. It's ***** disgusting. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

We don’t have one veteran with fire who leads on the ice and the bench… A driver… Skinner is a clown… Girgensons is too quiet… Tuch is a wannabe… Dahlin is still too young… 

• Agree 1