GDT: 4/07/24 Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings 1 PM, TV: TNT and Radio

bob_sauve28

6 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

What a pathetic first 8 minutes of the game. Don Granato has to go and replaced by Lindy Ruff. I wouldn’t fire Don Granato I would create a new hockey position hockey coaching consultant Lindy Ruff. Don Granato is still the head coach but do what the Miami Marlins did to force there GM Kim Ng out taking her power away to force her quit because she would have to answer to a newly created position take Don Granato power away. The Don Granato contract just says he is the head coach which he still would be but with no power. Lindy Ruff is on the Sabres bench to overrule Don Granato with Lindy Ruff having final say so Don Granato quits so you don’t have to pay him a dime if he quits if he doesn’t we continue with Lindy Ruff coaching consultant. Let Don Granato go to court he won’t win because no one is firing him to sit home and collect a salary let him help run Sabres practices with Lindy Ruff. That is what I would do to get out of the Don Granato contract extension. Don Granato has too much of an ego he will quit it’s human nature in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home

season 8 insane asylum GIF

• Like (+1) 1

The Sabres have failed to give the required effort to start games from the opening puck drop of the season.  No adjustments have been made because there is no accountability in this organization.

The players lack of effort to start games is a reflection of a failing locker-room culture where winning and effort aren’t demanded.  Instead, after they win or lose they go hang out, play video games and count their bloated paychecks.

The coaches also don’t demand accountability.  The practices aren’t tough, no “important” players have been benched.  There has been no media callouts like the one that motivated Nashville.

Despite the poor results, no players have been traded because of poor play and all the coaches remain and look like they’ll be retained.  The GM, who clearly has no idea how to build a roster, seems satisfied with the failing status quo and the ownership seems satisfied with the GM and coaches.   There are literally no incentives in this organization to get better.  Hard to win that way.  

The only significant player traded was Casey Mittelstadt. He was about the only player on the team, except UPL, that gave a consistent winning effort, because KA didn’t want to pay him.  What kind of message does that send?  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, eman said:

My question to you is this: Most of us on here have been fans of this once proud hockey club since its inception or since the 70's (such as myself) We have seen wonderfully talented players and some truly magical moments here. A vibrant, thriving arena experience and electricity on game nights. Perhaps you haven't had that? We have had Sabres clubs that weren't all that talented but came to the arena and worked their ***** off every night (The first Nolan era) They were a pleasure to watch and spend money on. It would be nice after 13 excruciatingly long seasons to get that back don't you think? Do you as a Sabres fan , NOT DESERVE BETTER???!!!! Of course you do!!! Demand better!!!! Stop accepting mediocrity or all you'll get is mediocrity. YOU DESERVE BETTER!

Yes, but there is a difference between wanting better....and the level of hatred that some are filling up these threads with.

21 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

You're on a message board with several different personalities, you can either ignore the hate, join the hate or don't come on a message board (I'm not trying to tell you not to come on btw) there are no other options brother. 

See, that is my problem. If there is a binary choice of "joining the hate" or "don't come on a message board"...yeah, that is bad and that says, at the very least, something about the people who want to hate and spill vitriol and don't like it when people like me say its a bit over the top.   Join the angry mob or go away! um...no thanks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, SwampD said:

What’s next, are you going to tell us it’s our fault that they wet themselves and went down by 3 in the first of a must win game?

Not even close, that isn't anywhere near what I was saying. But I guess you (and others) want to swear, say people are useless, wish for them to lose jobs...etc....THAT is ok, but its not me OK for me to say I agree with the concept of some of it, but don't like the level of hatred and swearing that is being used here?   Yeah, take what I said to the level you did...lol, if that makes you feel better, because you are just wrong.

21 hours ago, eman said:

Oh my God YES!!! Is this even a question after 13 of the worst seasons in professional sports??????

Wanting more is expected.  Saying you want changes, explaining why...yeah, that is totally expected.  But as per my other posts right above, my comment was not about those things, my post is about the fact there is so much hatred and foul language and ill wishing here.  If you people can't tell the difference, or you think its acceptable to feel that way because your hockey team is losing...wow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Not even close, that isn't anywhere near what I was saying. But I guess you (and others) want to swear, say people are useless, wish for them to lose jobs...etc....THAT is ok, but its not me OK for me to say I agree with the concept of some of it, but don't like the level of hatred and swearing that is being used here?   Yeah, take what I said to the level you did...lol, if that makes you feel better, because you are just wrong.

Wanting more is expected.  Saying you want changes, explaining why...yeah, that is totally expected.  But as per my other posts right above, my comment was not about those things, my post is about the fact there is so much hatred and foul language and ill wishing here.  If you people can't tell the difference, or you think its acceptable to feel that way because your hockey team is losing...wow.

Nah you'll just eyeroll a post showing why what you said on page 3 of this thread was wrong. Cheers. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nah you'll just eyeroll a post showing why what you said on page 3 of this thread was wrong. Cheers. 

What was I wrong about.  Of course, if replying to what I said makes you feel better without telling me what is wrong...I guess good for you.  I don't know if it fascinates or me more, or if its something else that when I make a comment about people swearing...all that stuff I said in my previous posts...that SO many come back at me and defend that behavior.  Mind you, I'm not talking about criticizing the team and wanting them to be better...I get that...but so many people want to criticize me for pointing out the level of hatred and ill-wishing onto others that some have embraced.

Edited by mjd1001

22 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Which means they are a lot better once you hit the first intermission, meaning the coaches are great at making adjustments.  It can be argued either way.  To me wins and losses, goals scored vs allowed across the entire game matter, when goals are scored vs allowed mean virtually nothing compared to the totals across the entire game.

I don't care about the swearing thing you posted. I'm referring to this being wrong. The coaches don't get this team ready to play. I cited an article supporting that after a game where we saw it. You rolled your eyes, I rolled my back. That's pretty much it. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He wasn’t wrong, though. He said that goal totals across the entire game matter. Also, wins and losses.

I completely agree with that.

On 4/8/2024 at 11:00 AM, mjd1001 said:

Totally acceptable after a 13 season **** show of mismanagement! Do you even comprehend what an embarrassment this once proud franchise is? Do you even remember the good old days of professional hockey in Buffalo? Completely acceptable from the fan base in my opinion.

• Eyeroll 1