Don’t let this BS meaningless win as the season flushes down the toilet sway you opinion

inkman

10 hours ago, inkman said:

This team blows at every level. Every scout, player, coach, executive, trainer, anyone who has farted in the general direction of the Sabres needs to go.  I’m done with these soft ass losers.  

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. I can cheer for the Sabres and be happy when they win, while not losing sight on what put them in this position. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Brind’Amour  will never be the coach in buffalo 

Didn’t say he would, only that he should be. He’s the exact type of coach these players need after Donny G. And if he doesn’t re-sign with Carolina, Pegula should put on a full court press, offer him the highest coaching salary in league history, and at least make it difficult for Brind’Amour to say no.

“ On the right and left two seas enclose you, without your possessing even a single ship for escape. The river Po around you; the Alps behind hem you in. Her soldiers, where you have first met the enemy, you must conquer or die; and the same fortune which has imposed the necessity of fighting hold out to you, if victorious, rewards than which men are not wont to desire greater, even from the immortal gods."

Hannibal 218 BCE

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, inkman said:

This team blows at every level. Every scout, player, coach, executive, trainer, anyone who has farted in the general direction of the Sabres needs to go.  I’m done with these soft ass losers.  

Why do you even watch the games or use your time to comment on them any longer? If you are so apoplectic about the Sabres before they even play a game, then why bother watching them?  What's the point? Are you a masochist? 

The Sabres won a come from behind game in which Tage scored 4 goals, one of which was an empty net goal. Our young goalie was superb. There was a large crowd that was very engaged. It was an entertaining game. We won. And the result is that you have become even more enraged. I say this with no malice: Seek therapeutic care. Most insurance companies cover the cost. 

This self-induced insanity and anger by many over a sport is weird and not normal. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, inkman said:

Star Wars Hate GIF

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Cranky old man said:

“ On the right and left two seas enclose you, without your possessing even a single ship for escape. The river Po around you; the Alps behind hem you in. Her soldiers, where you have first met the enemy, you must conquer or die; and the same fortune which has imposed the necessity of fighting hold out to you, if victorious, rewards than which men are not wont to desire greater, even from the immortal gods."

Hannibal 218 BCE

The invasion of Italy! 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Why do you even watch the games or use your time to comment on them any longer? If you are so apoplectic about the Sabres before they even play a game, then why bother watching them?  What's the point? Are you a masochist? 

The Sabres won a come from behind game in which Tage scored 4 goals, one of which was an empty net goal. Our young goalie was superb. There was a large crowd that was very engaged. It was an entertaining game. We won. And the result is that you have become even more enraged. I say this with no malice: Seek therapeutic care. Most insurance companies cover the cost. 

This self-induced insanity and anger by many over a sport is weird and not normal. 

Me and the Sabres 

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Let’s not take away his agency.

Inky has left, for now.

Understandable, albeit regrettable.

@inkman has never left. Just stay out of his way because he is on a rampage. You don't want to get trampled! 😀

• Disagree 1

16 hours ago, inkman said:

It’s because they are soft ass pussies that don’t care to be bothered to act like real ***** men when ***** ***** matters.  They are children.  They aren’t men. I can’t describe my disdain for everyone in this franchise. I hate them all. Coaches, players, trainer, GM, anyone who has anything to do with this franchise needs to go. 

Beware the fury of a patient man.

8 hours ago, phil_soisson said:

Dahlin is not on the ice as much as Allen is in respective game. If you had 6 Dahlins on the team you could make that argument.

What does Allen playing more have to do with Dahlin’s argument to being a top 5 player?

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What's worse? Missing the playoffs 13 years or looking like a cup contender one season and turning to poop the next?

I fantasize about a cage match between different fan bases arguing that their team is the worst in the league. ,🤔

Are you serious?

Missing 13 straight years

The Cope is strong in this one 

You fantasize about it because it’s divorced from reality: no other team’s fans have it close 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. I can cheer for the Sabres and be happy when they win, while not losing sight on what put them in this position. 

Yes, Adams put them in this position for the last 4 years, I agree 

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

“Seek therapeutic care” and it gets 5 likes

good f*cking grief this place sucks. Do better. If you think you have the authority and wisdom and knowledge to assess someone’s mental psyche on a message board to the extent of passing judgment and suggesting professional treatment you are delusional 

John, I mean this sincerely: get over yourself 

If you are going to seriously call into question someone’s mental state and suggest they need treatment, *as if you know them* because of a venting post on a message board, you are crossing a line. Saying that to someone on a hockey message board is ridiculously misplaced. People should be free to be upset in the way they want without such ridiculous gaslighting. “If you feel this way you need help”. Despicable 

You see how hypocritical this is, right? You are passing judgment on someone because of their reaction to a hockey game *based on your reaction to a post on a hockey message board*.

Edited by Thorny
  • dislike 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

So, on the record, if the Sabres were as good as the Devils last year, and follow that by missing the playoffs, you'd be totally fine with it?

I’ve made it my personal mission to go on the record as much as possible. My biggest contention is with the backtracking of the expectation nearly everyone shared this last offseason. I’d be happy to go on the record again: I’ve said it a zillion times: I just want to make the playoffs once. We don’t even need to be as good as they were. Just make it once. The goal is ridiculously low 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

So, on the record, if the Sabres were as good as the Devils last year, and follow that by missing the playoffs, you'd be totally fine with it?

Compared to what we have now?  ***** yeah.  

I mean, the choices are:  Won a round in the playoffs last year, and missed this year vs. doesn’t have a single player that saw a playoff game as a Sabre and will Miss again this year.

No. *****. Brainer.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Weave said:

Compared to what we have now?  ***** yeah.  

I mean, the choices are:  Won a round in the playoffs last year, and missed this year vs. doesn’t have a single player that saw a playoff game as a Sabre and will Miss again this year.

No. *****. Brainer.

Promo thinks all fans want the team to fail, secretly. This informs his stance. He thinks fans are so willing to claim things are bad even when they are not he’s struggling to the observe the difference between fanbases. “Well they all hate their team, too”.

People need to be able to accept that what the Sabres have done is *abnormally bad* and the reflective reaction from the fanbase is justifiably an *abnormal* one 

- - - 

He literally won’t believe me when I say all I want is playoffs and would be happy with such. He definitely thinks I’ll move the goalposts in spite of never yet moving them once

They haven’t even given me the chance to! But why I wouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt when I haven’t changed my argument once is beyond me

Edited by Thorny

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Promo thinks all fans want the team to fail, secretly. This informs his stance. He thinks fans are so willing to claim things are bad even when they are not he’s struggling to the observe the difference between fanbases. “Well they all hate their team, too”.

People need to be able to accept that what the Sabres have done is *abnormally bad* and the reflective reaction from the fanbase is justifiably an *abnormal* one 

- - - 

He literally won’t believe me when I say all I want is playoffs and would be happy with such. He definitely thinks I’ll move the goalposts in spite of never yet moving them once

They haven’t even given me the chance to! But why I wouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt when I haven’t changed my argument once is beyond me

No, that's not it. (Though I think a few do.) I'm just pointing out that anything short of a title is eventually considered a failure. And for someone like me who has followed our local teams for 50+ years, it's the realization that fandom is a treadmill of endless frustration....if you let it be. I've adopted an "Office Space" mentality to sports. I enjoy it. I'm disappointed when we lose. I won't let it eat at me.

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

100%. Did anyone give two shits when the Bills missed? This seems like a silly question. 

• Like (+1) 1