Don’t let this BS meaningless win as the season flushes down the toilet sway you opinion

inkman

Just now, #freejame said:

100%. Did anyone give two shits when the Bills missed? This seems like a silly question. 

Are you taking about 2018? The season after the Bills broke the drought? Oh yeah. People wanted McDermott fired. Then again they want him fired every year.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Yes, Adams put them in this position for the last 4 years, I agree 

“Seek therapeutic care” and it gets 5 likes

good f*cking grief this place sucks. Do better. If you think you have the authority and wisdom and knowledge to assess someone’s mental psyche on a message board to the extent of passing judgment and suggesting professional treatment you are delusional 

John, I mean this sincerely: get over yourself 

If you are going to seriously call into question someone’s mental state and suggest they need treatment, *as if you know them* because of a venting post on a message board, you are crossing a line. Saying that to someone on a hockey message board is ridiculously misplaced. People should be free to be upset in the way they want without such ridiculous gaslighting. “If you feel this way you need help”. Despicable 

You see how hypocritical this is, right? You are passing judgment on someone because of their reaction to a hockey game *based on your reaction to a post on a hockey message board*.

When it gets to the point that people are so angered over something that they choose to get involved with, then it's time to pause and step away for a spell. It's like going to a fish restaurant and then complain that you hate fish. 

It's not the singular venting that's problematic. It's the spleen splitting vitriol that repeats itself over and over, regardless of what the topic is. The Sabres won in a come from behind game. Yet for a significant segment of the population the game responses are full of intense negativity over a positive result. When it gets to that point it's time to step away and compose and refresh oneself. We're talking sports here. We're not dealing with serious life issues. It's supposed to be a distraction.  Give me a freaking break! 

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When it gets to the point that people are so angered over something that they choose to get involved with, then it's time to pause and step away for a spell. It's like going to a fish restaurant and then complain that you hate fish. 

It's not the singular venting that's problematic. It's the spleen splitting vitriol that repeats itself over and over, regardless of what the topic is. The Sabres won in a come from behind game. Yet for a significant segment of the population the game responses are full of intense negativity over a positive result. When it gets to that point it's time to step away and compose and refresh oneself. We're talking sports here. We're not dealing with serious life issues. It's supposed to be a distraction.  Give me a freaking break! 

Not even a good analogy. Fish will always be fish. The Sabres used to be filet mignon. That we changed into sardines doesn’t mean we need to expect sardines it in fact proves the opposite 

- - - 

As for the rest of it: you are making my point. We are talking sports. You cross a line by treating sports talk, online, as necessarily a reflection of someone’s real life mental state thus allusions to seeking therapeutic help are VERY off base. You frequently ignore the root of the point when responding, I’m sorry 

Edited by Thorny

35 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No, that's not it. (Though I think a few do.) I'm just pointing out that anything short of a title is eventually considered a failure. And for someone like me who has followed our local teams for 50+ years, it's the realization that fandom is a treadmill of endless frustration....if you let it be. I've adopted an "Office Space" mentality to sports. I enjoy it. I'm disappointed when we lose. I won't let it eat at me.

But just because you want to take everything in stride doesn’t remove the objective realities of the differences in performance of the teams. The Sabres have been objectively worse, regardless of the fact you’ve been even keel the whole way. The latter is fine and dandy but it doesn’t change the objective truth 

You are trying to say there is no difference, in the end, if you aren’t the cup winner and I am telling you, you are wrong. Your data always is necessarily anecdotal in this case so why shouldn’t what I say count?

Looking back, I lived and died by those playoff runs in 06 and 07. Even the earlier ones where we always seemed to lose in round 2. Growing up is realizing the utter joy in those moments and recognizing, needing a cup to justify it is foolish: it might never happen.

But those moments. Man. Id kill for those again. Yes, even just making the playoffs matters. It’s not “all the same” if you don’t win the cup.

Missing for 13: we’ve had it worse 

Edited by Thorny

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Didn’t say he would, only that he should be. He’s the exact type of coach these players need after Donny G. And if he doesn’t re-sign with Carolina, Pegula should put on a full court press, offer him the highest coaching salary in league history, and at least make it difficult for Brind’Amour to say no.

Pegula maybe the biggest roadblock to Brindamour even considering coaching the Sabres