Where has this Alex Tuch been?

inkman

15 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Tim Murray, while clueless, inherited a mess. 

Regiers succesful trades were ancient history by the time he was fired, and pretty much ended with getting Briere for Gratton, and Drury for Warrener. Fact is, he had been behind the curve in terms of building a succesful team for years.

Steve Bernier, Brad Boyes, Cody Hodgson etc. weren’t exactly steals.

His free agent signings backfired as well. Christian Erhoff, and Robyn Regher anyone?

You're acting like regier didn't have his hands tied by ownership.

for what he was allowed was very succesful in buffalo and Created a team that should have been a Dynasty but Destroyed by the owner 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2024 at 10:59 AM, #freejame said:

Alex Tuch went from being asked to be a role player/energy guy to being asked to be a play driver and offensive leader. I think that has impacted his mental game and hurt his on-ice performance. 

Brady Tkachuk would like a word...

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You're acting like regier didn't have his hands tied by ownership.

for what he was allowed was very succesful in buffalo and Created a team that should have been a Dynasty but Destroyed by the owner 

I never said he wasn’t succesful, for a time.

However, I am saying that by the time he was fired, he hadn’t been succesful for a long time.

And that he was the guy behind the tank strategy. Like it or not.

8 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I never said he wasn’t succesful, for a time.

However, I am saying that by the time he was fired, he hadn’t been succesful for a long time.

And that he was the guy behind the tank strategy. Like it or not.

“The owner will determine the extent of the rebuild “ is, I believe, an exact quote.

Darcy laid out options.  The owner chose the strategy.

56 minutes ago, Weave said:

“The owner will determine the extent of the rebuild “ is, I believe, an exact quote.

Darcy laid out options.  The owner chose the strategy.

Perhaps, but they had gone the free agent way first, which got them nowhere.

So unless Pegula signed those guys himself, which I suppose is entirely possible, what other options did they have?

2 hours ago, Kristian said:

You’re right, they lost to Boston and Philly, my bad.

Ruff, no. Regier? You’re damn straight I do, he was the idiot behind the whole tank strategy.

I doubt it. But if you're right then TP should have immediately ended the tank upon firing DR.

27 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Perhaps, but they had gone the free agent way first, which got them nowhere.

So unless Pegula signed those guys himself, which I suppose is entirely possible, what other options did they have?

Perhaps? It was Darcy’s own words in a press conference. I don’t see how it can be questioned at all.

There can be no doubt that it was the owner that chose to liquidate and tank after the Leino and Ehrhoff signings failed.  And we also know it was the owner that chose to sign those two particular FAs in an attempt to have a flashy retool.  Darcy was doing as the new owner instructed.

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I doubt it. But if you're right then TP should have immediately ended the tank upon firing DR.

Well, by all intents and purposes, didn’t he?

He hired LaFontaine for about five minutes, they draft Sam, a year later, Jack Eichel after missing out on McDavid, and trade for Ryan O’Reilly. I’d say the tank was off by then, which really was probably as close to as quickly as it could be, given that Connor McDavid was a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Perhaps? It was Darcy’s own words in a press conference. I don’t see how it can be questioned at all.

There can be no doubt that it was the owner that chose to liquidate and tank after the Leino and Ehrhoff signings failed.  And we also know it was the owner that chose to sign those two particular FAs in an attempt to have a flashy retool.  Darcy was doing as the new owner instructed.

I’m not saying Pegula didn’t make the choice, but don’t tell me Regier hadn’t made him aware of how The Hawks got both Kane and Toews, knowing there was a guy called McDavid in the class of ‘15.

Yes, the 2014 draft wasn’t great on paper, but the real prize was McDavid in 2015. 

48 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I’m not saying Pegula didn’t make the choice, but don’t tell me Regier hadn’t made him aware of how The Hawks got both Kane and Toews, knowing there was a guy called McDavid in the class of ‘15.

Yes, the 2014 draft wasn’t great on paper, but the real prize was McDavid in 2015. 

The Hawks didn’t tank.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Tuch is starting to turn into ROR. You could see the life draining from him in the presser. 

Are we surprised by this? Because we shouldn't be.

1st time GM and Coach after first time GM and Coach, the names change, but the results don't.

What's that "definition of insanity" adage again? "Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" Yada, Yada, Yada.

At this point, 13 seasons of total suck in, you really have to stand in awe at the complete incompetence the Sabres organization is. I mean, really, it is absolute at this point.

• Agree 1

The Alex Tuch in the OP is the motivated and playing on a good team version. 

The Tuch we have is the skates big circles, misses the net, and occasionally does something useful. 

Is there a correlation? Yes.
Is it excusable? Hell no. 

Is he a first liner on most teams? No

Would he make a good third line defensive forward? I believe so.

Hasn't been the same player since he got damaged in that fight. Same for Cozens and his. I wouldn't say they play scared, but they definitely play smaller. 

I truly believe that what happens with this team is guys like that look around and say to themselves why am I taking the physical toll when nobody else is? Nobody's got my back why should I have theirs? This is the mindset that sets in with this team. 

It's a mistake in team building and the losing culture is infectious, especially when it's a low expectation pampered locker room anyway. Laziness and relaxed easy living sets in. If it was any of us, we'd be exactly the same. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Tuch is the player he was in LV, only better.  

He was over rated by the fans, and many people here, when he first came.  Last year was his best year ever. This year is on track for this second season best ever, despite the poor season by this team.  

He is what we see.   He has played injured and put the effort in.  He even fought Brady Tkachuk.  

I do not see him as a the C but a good responsible player with speed, energy, size, and some offensive skills.  

No player is going to have a career year every year.  

Tuch is not a problem.  

Look Alex Tuch is a NHL superstar in some Buffalo Sabres fans minds only because he is from Syracuse and wore the Buffalo Sabres jersey as a kid growing up. Lots of hockey players wore the Buffalo Sabres jersey growing up when we use to have good superstar players. Some Buffalo Sabres fans don’t get it Alex Tuch is never going to be Patrick Kane that was the player to acquire someone that won Stanley Cups and has actual NHL superstar talent. But Patrick Kane as much as it hurts me as a Buffalo Sabres fan made the right choice not to come to Sabresland at this time. Alex Tuch is a third line player on a Stanley Cup team that is reality regardless of the crap the loser Sabres front office with their loser hockey department tries to sell gullible Sabres fans. Alex Tuch is what he is collecting a huge salary while some Sabres fans dream away how good Alex Tuch is going to be in a year or two. Alex Tuch is at his ceiling he is only going to get older, slower, fatter and lazier as his career in Buffalo goes on.

Alex Tuch and Tage Thompson are the main reasons the Sabres suck especially Tage Thompson. If Buffalo Sabres fans can’t see it. Here is some advice turn on Buffalo tv CW23 and watch the Buffalo Bandits. Notice how there NLL superstars are consistent. Josh Byrnes and Dhane Smith are consistent goal scorers for the Buffalo Bandits not just when they feel like playing. The rest of the Bandits know there roles and produce. Of course the Bandits coaching staff runs circles around the Sabres coaching staff when it comes to brains. Fire Don Granato and hire Lindy Ruff just to save some face and dignity.

The Buffalo Sabres embarrassed themselves against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Congratulations Terry Pegula you have reached the levels of late 1970’s Toronto Maple Leafs under crazy owner Harold Ballard and the sad thing is those Maple Leafs teams made the NHL playoffs. The Sabres are a complete joke now and it’s getting worse not better in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Look Alex Tuch is a NHL superstar in some Buffalo Sabres fans minds only because he is from Syracuse and wore the Buffalo Sabres jersey as a kid growing up. Lots of hockey players wore the Buffalo Sabres jersey growing up when we use to have good superstar players. Some Buffalo Sabres fans don’t get it Alex Tuch is never going to be Patrick Kane that was the player to acquire someone that won Stanley Cups and has actual NHL superstar talent. But Patrick Kane as much as it hurts me as a Buffalo Sabres fan made the right choice not to come to Sabresland at this time. Alex Tuch is a third line player on a Stanley Cup team that is reality regardless of the crap the loser Sabres front office with their loser hockey department tries to sell gullible Sabres fans. Alex Tuch is what he is collecting a huge salary while some Sabres fans dream away how good Alex Tuch is going to be in a year or two. Alex Tuch is at his ceiling he is only going to get older, slower, fatter and lazier as his career in Buffalo goes on.

Alex Tuch and Tage Thompson are the main reasons the Sabres suck especially Tage Thompson. If Buffalo Sabres fans can’t see it. Here is some advice turn on Buffalo tv CW23 and watch the Buffalo Bandits. Notice how there NLL superstars are consistent. Josh Byrnes and Dhane Smith are consistent goal scorers for the Buffalo Bandits not just when they feel like playing. The rest of the Bandits know there roles and produce. Of course the Bandits coaching staff runs circles around the Sabres coaching staff when it comes to brains. Fire Don Granato and hire Lindy Ruff just to save some face and dignity.

The Buffalo Sabres embarrassed themselves against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Congratulations Terry Pegula you have reached the levels of late 1970’s Toronto Maple Leafs under crazy owner Harold Ballard and the sad thing is those Maple Leafs teams made the NHL playoffs. The Sabres are a complete joke now and it’s getting worse not better in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Who thinks Alex Tuch is an NHL superstar?  I don’t need him to score 30 goals or get 70 points.  I need him to impose his will like he did in the OP.  Until him and some other players (either currently on or not on the current roster) do the same, this team is dead in the water. You can’t figure skate your way to a cup.