GDT: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres 3/27 7PM MSG and Radio

bob_sauve28

8 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

They should be well-rested for Friday's game.....given they hardly broke a sweat tonight.

“You must not be watching, because if you actually watch us play you can see we are playing hard” Alex Tuch tonight, probably. 

Edited by Mango
  • Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

To me the worst part of this ***** show is the divide that is occurring between the team and the fanbase.  I don't ever recollect it seemingly being this toxic.

About to be the 13th straight year outside of the playoffs in a league where literally 50% of the teams make it every year. It's a stunning failure to have not made it at least once over that period. Add in the fact that they teased us last year, leading most of us to expect that drought to end this year and, yeah, people are angry. They're lucky some fans still care enough to be angry. Many franchises would be drowning in fan apathy at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I think what is alarming is the Buffalo Sabres were at home really needed the win and UPL was awful. I don’t fully trust UPL in the nets to just hand him a huge long term contract which guarantees him the Sabres net for years in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

They’ve been playing him at a 67 game pace since the new year.

You would have to go back to 2018 to find a goalie who played more than that. There are only 3 between 2018-2024 who have played that much. 

It isn’t sustainable for most goaltenders. Let alone one who just found his pro game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Why did Pegula buy the franchise? He seems not to care 

You know how the Dallas Cowboys are the butt of a lot of jokes because of Jerry Jones?

That’s the Sabres. Except instead of being an OK yet dysfunctional team, they’re just not any good and don’t have any redeeming qualities. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

That what I’m trying to do.  I got my current job while testing high as a kite. My old company wants me back.  I’m not certain they care about weed but I can’t blow an opportunity to make an extra $30k because I like to get loose at night.  

The guy hiring me I’ve known for 30 years.  I knew him before my last gig and while he didn’t directly hire me, he had a hand in me getting the job 25 years ago. So I could have a conversation with him trying to get a feel about the screening but I’d like to avoid that whole conversation.  It could be embarrassing for both of us.  Maybe I should have a talk with him. A couple of my closest friends have told me to be honest with him about it.  It should be an easy conversation but I’m not certain that it won’t blow my chances. 

I think I can delay the hiring process long enough to get the THC out of my system but I quit a couple years ago to get clean for my current job and 5 weeks later I was still positive. I got lucky as they still hired me but I can’t be certain my old company will feel the same way. 

I guess your only other option is to develop a medical condition. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Glad I decided to watch the Golden St Warriors game first and then inadvertently saw the score of this game.

The Warriors are scrambling to make the playoffs this season but their efforts the last 2 days in Florida were top notch.

7 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

"It's unacceptable," added Rasmus Dahlin. "It felt like everything was just going against us and we had no rhythm."

Imagine a team that took any ownership whatsoever. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

It’s an appreciating asset. Maybe his goal was just to make money and not win Stanley Cups. Although you could argue the team does any make money, the value of the franchises always goes up.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

He's an avowed fan with sh*t tons of money looking for a hobby and a desire to be the White Knight riding in to save the franchise. Unfortunately, he's providing another example where expertise in one area does not translate into expertise in another. Often, the very rich think that because they are successful, they must be smarter than everyone else.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2