Do You Think We Make The Playoffs NEXT Year?

bob_sauve28

How say you? Any thought what so ever on the topic

Are you optimistic? Or do you think we will see a repeat of this year?

I feel we will be better. Two good goalies, hopefully, Quinn back, defense solid, maybe we add another forward, and Benson just gets better

At the end of LAST year I said we WOULD make this playoffs this year, and then we got the season we just got.

Without significant changes being made to how we do business, I do NOT think we make the playoffs next year either.'

What would change?  I'm assuming HC and GM remain, goaltending remains about the same, etc...

What they do with the goaltending may yet again be fairly prevalent in deciding the outcome. We did much better with UPL carrying the mail but down the stretch we had to pull up an AHLer to play, because we have no confidence in our backup, and UPL is showing signs of perhaps getting worn down from usage.

Does Levi to play 30-35 next season seem a good bet at this stage of the regime’s drought? Awfully risky

its possible he pulls it off. Or we could be adamant about making the playoffs and look to add a competent back up. Or we could address the roster in other areas in such a notable way so as to make up the difference.

My answer is that playoffs remain imminently achievable. Whether or not we seize that opportunity, I have no idea. The precedent is definitive but the goal is so attainable there’s always a puncher’s chance at least 

• Like (+1) 3

Really have no way of saying before I see what we do in the offseason.

I gave the benefit of doubt that the players would grow and with a few tweaks we'd garner the extra points to make the show. Now I'm left holding the bag trying to parse through what was bad luck, what was bad play and what was just plain bad.

We most certainly have a shot but again I'll hold my predictions off for now.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

My answer is that playoffs remain imminently achievable.

After four years in charge, and the number of first round players on the roster and in the system, merely making the playoffs is too low a bar to set for Adams, imo… Too low.

• Like (+1) 3

If I remember correctly I made my first post speaking out against the Must Win crowd in 2019 (to great pushback). My crusade has found home in its own thread and can now be seen in most GDTs by many different posters. If we do not stop with Must Wins, we will never make the playoffs. It is up to you jabronies that are holding us back to decide if your fun little game is worth the pain and suffering it causes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

If history is a guide, young teams typically make a huge jump up the standings once they hit a certain development threshold... and I believe this group is close, they've shown flashes, it's just a matter of time before they figure out the final piece to the puzzle.. consistency. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

Do I think they'll make the playoffs next season? As of right now, today, with the known existing roster and pipeline talent, no.

Do I believe they'll make the playoffs next season? As a life long Sabres fan that has come to not only accept the pain, but has actually turned said annual pain in to some twisted training regimen to practice my smart-assery with, ya, playoffs next season here we come!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Do I think they'll make the playoffs next season? As of right now, today, with the known existing roster and pipeline talent, no.

Do I believe they'll make the playoffs next season? As a life long Sabres fan that has come to not only accept the pain, but has actually turned said annual pain in to some twisted training regimen to practice my smart-assery with, ya, playoffs next season here we come!!!

Earlier in this thread I optimistically said 25% and as of March 22, I stand by that.

I'm curious to see the shell games and red herrings that will play out to inevitably get me to my usual 75% by September. Everytime I buy into the false hope.

Remember Taylor Hall?! That guy was going to get us to cup contention. Boy was I wrong about that... Me and Terry.

• Like (+1) 1