GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers Thurs. 3/21- 9pm MSG, ESPN+ and WGR Radio

Can we set up an open boycott or something, strike like, picketing in the Plaza, something to really embarrass Terry. 

Outside of something that erroneous, I don't see this changing....and that breaks my heart. 

That team last night was not fun to watch, they were not good, and they just crushed any hope of them having "it" for upcoming seasons. 

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Can we set up an open boycott or something, strike like, picketing in the Plaza, something to really embarrass Terry. 

Outside of something that erroneous, I don't see this changing....and that breaks my heart. 

That team last night was not fun to watch, they were not good, and they just crushed any hope of them having "it" for upcoming seasons. 

I think people need to not renew season tickets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Believer said:

May be time for the League to step in and insist Pegula make a change… Give him a short list of GM candidates…

Unless they want Buffalo to fail so Pegula sells the team and the Sabres are moved.

This is why we are in this mess. The league suggested both Murray and Botterill and Pegula now doesn’t trust any hockey people so refuses to bring in qualified hockey people.

Its an absolute joke at this point.

I think that new COO they brought in is in for a really rude awakening with ticket sales for next season.

Id rather see this to end the season though than missing by a point again and convincing themselves that running it back is the right move.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Teams have these blow out losses from time to time. I'm not overly concerned about it. After all, we've known for a good portion of this season what this team was.

I guess the focus I have, or at least the question I'd like answered is when does this actually end? Over dozen years and counting, really quite amazing it appears to have no end in sight as of now.

This is where I’m at. I’m not upset by a game 71, 6-3* loss in Edmonton. I’m frustrated that our loss in game 71 all but ends our slimmest of playoff hopes and that we are now 13 years into this.

There have been times this year, even last night in moments, where you can see how it all might fit together as soon as next season. But then there are moments where we seem still so far away. Last night in the 3rd period was like watching men against boys. It seems we are further than a year away from this group collectively “putting it all together”.  And yet there seems no urgency on the part of ownership or management to move this along at a quicker pace. 

*Oh goodness, it was 6-3 when I shut it off. 

Edited by Archie Lee
  • Like (+1) 1

Dear Terry, Kevyn, and overrated coach 

Our system this year was to have a bunch of 20-25 year olds and then a few veteran 4th liners and 3rd line D-men who were slow and did nothing 

MAYBE FOR A CHANGE MAKE A TRADE FOR SOME GOOD FIRST LINE PLAYERS LIKE WE DID 20 OR SO YEARS AGO. THAT ALMOST WON US THE CUP TWICE 

Sincerely, 

Possible future leafs fan 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think that new COO they brought in is in for a really rude awakening with ticket sales for next season.

He's on cruise control with the Bills selling out but at what point do you tell your owner of a failing hockey team " It's all up to you ".   COO is a business manager and he can only do so much if the product is substandard. 

Stat of the day - the Buffalo Sabres have now gone 4714 days without playing in a playoff game and are basically eliminated from playoff contention now. Whether they make it or not next year, that number will be over 5000.. and fans still show up to support this 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I certainly hope you don't think we're in the midst of a run it back trick. Not to go all nfreeman, but they are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games.

No I meant like be tricked as fans into thinking running it back makes sense 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

And that is me, I told my rep I’m finally out. 

and I wouldn't worry too much about that. I am sure if you want to attend a Sabres game next season, it won't be hard for you to get good seats should you choose to do so. They'll be available.

1 hour ago, Archie Lee said:

This is where I’m at. I’m not upset by a game 71, 6-3* loss in Edmonton. I’m frustrated that our loss in game 71 all but ends our slimmest of playoff hopes and that we are now 13 years into this.

There have been times this year, even last night in moments, where you can see how it all might fit together as soon as next season. But then there are moments where we seem still so far away. Last night in the 3rd period was like watching men against boys. It seems we are further than a year away from this group collectively “putting it all together”.  And yet there seems no urgency on the part of ownership or management to move this along at a quicker pace. 

*Oh goodness, it was 6-3 when I shut it off. 

Last night in the third period it was men against boys. Quite literally. The youngest team in the league against the oldest team in the league. If anyone doesn’t believe that there is where the problem is I have a bridge to sell you. That third period was an embarrassment. From a coaching standpoint Donnie had no answers.KAs experiment of waiting for the kids to grow in the nhl as opposed to the ahl like most teams is a failure. This team and its coaching staff have proven that. Sure have some kids but you have to have veterans in leadership rolls. Next season we could be younger. I might be wrong but the mix on this team is obviously fukced.

9 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

Skinner (9 million per) played 11 minutes. 

We’re not winning anything or going anywhere so long as he is on the roster.  

One of your most skilled and highest paid players cannot be one of your laziest.  

He doesn’t deserve to be singled out - but this dynamic is such a massive problem imo.  

The biggest pressing problem this hockey club has isn't Jeff Skinner. It is the same problem plaguing this club for the past few years. Piss poor coach and GM!!!! Get a decent hard line coach in here who holds Skinner accountable for his ice time and maybe he becomes a better player. No coddling or excuses. A GM who can make hard decisions as well as backing the coach regarding on ice accountability, and maybe these high draft picks actually amount to something in this organization. Watched the Avalanche game the other night and the media were talking up Casey Middlestadt and how he has fit right in despite not scoring much. Funny how when these players depart and become "something" in other organizations. 

55 minutes ago, Night Train said:

He's on cruise control with the Bills selling out but at what point do you tell your owner of a failing hockey team " It's all up to you ".   COO is a business manager and he can only do so much if the product is substandard. 

The Bills fans I’ve talked to aren’t happy about PSLs. We’ll see how many losses to the Chiefs it takes for there to be no more good will. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, eman said:

and I wouldn't worry too much about that. I am sure if you want to attend a Sabres game next season, it won't be hard for you to get good seats should you choose to do so. They'll be available.

Exactly, a lot of my frustration stems from the fact that I am throwing money into a burning garbage can year after year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, jad1 said:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that Pegula does clean house after the season.

Both of his previous GM firings were a surprise, and before he canned Krueger, some were lining him up for an executive job.  But Terry swung the ax.  He's actually good at firing people.  Sucks at hiring them, but excels at firing them.

As for the new COO, hopefully he's contemplating WWJD (what would Jordan do).

He only fired Boterill because he would not do the Covid cost cutting to maintain the family lifestyle. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Thanks (+1) 2

The important thing for the players is to have them brush off the 3rd period.

Yes, the season is over (and has been over since the Sabres let Detroit break their losing streak). Go play a great game in Calgary anyway. Play for UPL and get him on track with another 2-goal, +.900% quality start.