GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers Thurs. 3/21- 9pm MSG, ESPN+ and WGR Radio

fnwupzzjvip3dpuz78t4.thumb.jpg.a08c090ceb72739e5a8c8b218ea1d49a.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres face the Edmonton Oilers with both teams heading in opposite directions to close out the season. The Sabres have a 33-32-5 record and with only five wins in their last 10 games, they have the sixth-best record in the Atlantic Division. The Oilers have a 41-21-4 record and with seven wins in their last 10 games, they have the second-best record in the Pacific Division. Both teams look to improve in their divisions and the upcoming game should be a good one.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/3-21-2024/buffalo-sabres-vs-edmonton-oilers-prediction-1318/

Back on track, Oilers out to avenge loss to Sabres

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/back-on-track-oilers-out-to-avenge-loss-to-sabres/

Edited by Shoot da Puck

• Shoot da Puck changed the title to GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers Thurs. 3/21- 9pm MSG, ESPN+ and WGR Radio
21 minutes ago, Weave said:

Remember when we pointed and laughed at Edmonton?

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I miss that, let’s win tonight so we can for a brief time again. 

51 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Unfortunately we are due to lose to them...

We don’t need this. Take your defeatist comments to the moon. 

Throw everything at EDM, this is what separates the boys from the men.

• Like (+1) 2

It's just a ***** situation

- They  keep it close, they keep both the GM and the coach

- They make the playoffs. They keep the coach, GM

- They totally bomb out. They may Fire the coach

All I know is you can't keep both of these guys and keep repeating the same s*** every year. It's not working.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

53 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It's just a ***** situation

- They  keep it close, they keep both the GM and the coach

- They make the playoffs. They keep the coach, GM

- They totally bomb out. They may Fire the coach

All I know is you can't keep both of these guys and keep repeating the same s*** every year. It's not working.

It all comes down to expectations that are set at the top.

Pegula set them and flowed them down. Pegula put Kevyn under the EEE policies when he gave him the job.

Adams in turn has sold this slow rebuild concept.   They have operated under the cap for years now.  

Kevyn sold Pegula on this rebuild; a rebuild from within using your own drafted players.  Unless he brings in several proven players in their prime this coming off season, we will continue to see more prospects get their chances in the NHL next season.  This can only work if UPL is real, and the Core (Thompson, Cozens, Dahlin, and Power) rebounds and plays much better, plus a few more kids have to break out.   Everything has to line up.  Including no big injuries.  

Kevyn said the biggest surprise he had when he took the job was not getting buy in from players.  So Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, Montour and Ulmark all got to leave.   Hence, the "we only want people who want to be here" mantra.  This bought Adams even more time with Pegula. 

Pegula is now paying a new Core (Thompson, Dahlin, Power, Cozens, and even Muel).  Are they better players than the old one? 

Mitts was traded because we have a surplus of young forwards that he wants to look at.   Mitts wanted to be here, but ask him again after the playoffs and I think he will say that the trade was the best thing that ever happened to him.   (Same as ROR, Eichel, Ulmark, Reinhart, Risto, Montour ...)

Bottom line is both Adams and DG are safe because Terry's expectations are what drove this plan.  When I complain about Adams I should redirect some of it at Pegula.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 3

Totally agree that this "comning close" every year is only serving the purpose of give false hope to all of us and gives KA more reason to keep meatballs and his coaching staff.  Yep we have players that apparently want to be here but as noted are we any better?  

27 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Bottom line is both Adams and DG are safe because Terry's expectations are what drove this plan.  When I complain about Adams I should redirect some of it at Pegula.  

Posted the same yesterday… It is plain as day.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Pegula set them and flowed them down. Pegula put Kevyn under the EEE policies when he gave him the job.

Adams in turn has sold this slow rebuild concept.   They have operated under the cap for years now.  

Kevyn sold Pegula on this rebuild; a rebuild from within using your own drafted players.  Unless he brings in several proven players in their prime this coming off season, we will continue to see more prospects get their chances in the NHL next season.  This can only work if UPL is real, and the Core (Thompson, Cozens, Dahlin, and Power) rebounds and plays much better, plus a few more kids have to break out.   Everything has to line up.  Including no big injuries.  

Kevyn said the biggest surprise he had when he took the job was not getting buy in from players.  So Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, Montour and Ulmark all got to leave.   Hence, the "we only want people who want to be here" mantra.  This bought Adams even more time with Pegula. 

Pegula is now paying a new Core (Thompson, Dahlin, Power, Cozens, and even Muel).  Are they better players than the old one? 

Mitts was traded because we have a surplus of young forwards that he wants to look at.   Mitts wanted to be here, but ask him again after the playoffs and I think he will say that the trade was the best thing that ever happened to him.   (Same as ROR, Eichel, Ulmark, Reinhart, Risto, Montour ...)

Both adams ,terry are lost in reality That came In pretty clear when they thought hall was the Missing peace to win us a cup .

-Adams is the one that said playoffs this year and all he did was sign depth players.

This organization has zero clue what they're doing

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

They’ll be closer to the cap next season. Dahlin, Power and UPL all getting significant raises.  I know a few contracts come off the books, most notably Olofsson, they’ll more than use up what he voids with those 3.  Probably to the tune of 15-20mill.  

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Totally agree that this "comning close" every year is only serving the purpose of give false hope to all of us and gives KA more reason to keep meatballs and his coaching staff.  Yep we have players that apparently want to be here but as noted are we any better?  

Personally, the only false hope I get from it is for maybe a playoff berth this year, becoming mediocre this year does not change my perception that to really compete for a ship, hard choices need to be made.

• Like (+1) 1