GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers Thurs. 3/21- 9pm MSG, ESPN+ and WGR Radio

3 hours ago, eman said:

The biggest pressing problem this hockey club has isn't Jeff Skinner. It is the same problem plaguing this club for the past few years. Piss poor coach and GM!!!! Get a decent hard line coach in here who holds Skinner accountable for his ice time and maybe he becomes a better player. No coddling or excuses. A GM who can make hard decisions as well as backing the coach regarding on ice accountability, and maybe these high draft picks actually amount to something in this organization. Watched the Avalanche game the other night and the media were talking up Casey Middlestadt and how he has fit right in despite not scoring much. Funny how when these players depart and become "something" in other organizations. 

Yup, poor coaching and GM.

They need a coach who has had success and experience winning in this league (and not because they had one of the greatest players and teams carry him like Botterill did). They also need a GM who is willing to scrap this idea that they need to build a dynasty based off of building only through the draft and developing prospects. They need to start building a team thats going to get them into the playoffs and start trading for and signing players in FA that are going to get them to the playoffs. Once they have that, they can work on building a team to get them into the Cup finals......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Back to the game.

I was thinking about how they beat the Kracken, and then kept the Vancouver game close even though they were on a back to back.

The Oiler game was close for two periods, but both periods Buffalo gave up a late goal.  Both periods looked like the Oilers forwards had too much size and skill for us and that they were going to break out.  They did.  

In the 3rd the Sabres stopped playing.  I am hoping that UPL chewed them out in the locker room because he was abandoned.  I am hoping that DG chewed them out too.   I don't any of that happened.  Team that are truly close can vent like that in the locker room.  Close does not mean they party together afterwards, it means they respect each other and hold each other accountable for what happens on the ice (in practice and in games).  

Calgary is next. They get two days of rest prior, but I would skate them real hard in the next practice.  They need to win just to avoid a tailspin.  

On 3/22/2024 at 9:42 AM, CallawaySabres said:

Exactly, a lot of my frustration stems from the fact that I am throwing money into a burning garbage can year after year.

and can you imagine this organization running it back with Donnie G. as head coach and Kevyn as GM? Does that say to anyone "Hell yeah, I had better hurry up and renew my seasons tickets because this season is gonna be the season things get turned around!!! ????

6 minutes ago, eman said:

and can you imagine this organization running it back with Donnie G. as head coach and Kevyn as GM? Does that say to anyone "Hell yeah, I had better hurry up and renew my seasons tickets because this season is gonna be the season things get turned around!!! ????

Nahhh we’re only mad cause of the 13 year drought. Not KA’s place in contributing more to it than any other GM

Edited by Thorny

49 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Nahhh we’re only mad cause of the 13 year drought. Not KA’s place in contributing more to it than any other GM

Well, unfortunately for GM KA, he's carved out his own corner of the 13 year drought and I can't see the drought changing with him wearing the GM cap.