GDT / Islanders @ Sabres, Thurs 3/14, 7pm MSG, ESPN+ & WGR Radio

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The Sabres have 15 games left. Probably need to win 10 of them at minimum. That’s a tough out. If only we would have gotten more loser points in those 1 goal loss games or won 2-3 more games. 

Was thinking 12-3 but since cutoff could be 91, and we could have the breaker, 11-4 could do it. I can’t see it being 90 but who knows. 89 almost impossible, so if we only win 10, we’d need to lose at least 1 in regulation.

10-4-1, 90 points would have an outside shot of getting in.

11-4, 91 has a reasonable shot

12-3 would almost assuredly 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Was thinking 12-3 but since cutoff could be 91, and we could have the breaker, 11-4 could do it. I can’t see it being 90 but who knows. 89 almost impossible, so if we only win 10, we’d need to lose at least 1 in regulation.

10-4-1, 90 points would have an outside shot of getting in.

11-4, 91 has a reasonable shot

12-3 would almost assuredly 

Too little too late once again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Too little too late once again. 

Maybe. But the fact we are sitting here at saying something like 10-4-1 *could* do it shows how much it’s tightened up of late, I think. Winning 2/3 rest of way and mixing in an ot loss along the way is *definitively* not absurd. That’s not a crazy stretch and not crazy long 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe. But the fact we are sitting here at saying something like 10-4-1 *could* do it shows how much it’s tightened up of late, I think. Winning 2/3 rest of way and mixing in an ot loss along the way is *definitively* not absurd. That’s not a crazy stretch and not crazy long 

Well if Detroit hadn't taken a total meltdown nosedive lately there'd be zero hope. Now if all the forces of the universe align and we get lucky it's not impossible. Unlikely, but not impossible. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well if Detroit hadn't taken a total meltdown nosedive lately there'd be zero hope. Now if all the forces of the universe align and we get lucky it's not impossible. Unlikely, but not impossible. 

That 7 game skid has been ridiculously key.

if they had gone even .500 (below their pace to that point), they’d be 10 up on us 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’m sorry, eman

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

They shoulda know what they had 2 years ago. Goaltending should not be an issue every year. And to be honest, not only do I think you don't know much about goaltending, but after reading many of your other posts, I don't think you know much about hockey in general. Sorry. 

Wow, how rude. I'm born on the prairies where hockey players come from, grew up in a small town rink, played my first tournament at age 4, and know at least as much about hockey as you Mr. Classy.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If they end the season on an 18 game winning streak, I think they're in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Wow, how rude. I'm born on the prairies where hockey players come from, grew up in a small town rink, played my first tournament at age 4, and know at least as much about hockey as you Mr. Classy.

‘Nuff said.

8 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Wheat kings and pretty things 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

And to be honest, not only do I think you don't know much about goaltending, but after reading many of your other posts, I don't think you know much about hockey in general. Sorry. 

This is obnoxious.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres73 said:

“I’m born on the prairies”, as in I am born. Present tense, about a past event?  Unless, you always have been, and always will be.  And your birth is metaphysical insofar as you existing as AI Kevyn. 

Watergate does not bother me, does your conscience (if you have one) bother you? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Krebs had 7 FO wins and 1 loss.  The line he shared with Skinner and JJP had the most even strength ice time. They had the second best XG% and second best CF%.  Obviously the Cozens Greenway Benson has been solid but Krebs is centering two guys who were stapled to the bench for seemingly poor defensive play a few games ago.  Sheltered a bit with almost all O-zone starts but solid, and appears to be skating faster with JJP and Skinner vs KO and Zemgus.  Could this 3C tryout change his stock from Underperform to Hold? 

• Like (+1) 3