GDT - Red Wings @ Sabres - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - MSG

14 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Funny I woke up this morning and got on this board and started to look for the same old posters with their "oh Detroit sure were bad and the Sabres got them at the right time blah blah blah".... It is amazing that even when they play really good and win not becuase the other team had a off-night or were tired but that that Sabres werethe BETTER team period, same old posters have to make a positive somewhere into a negative. The team keeps proving with good goaltending they can win. I also think that sometimes minus can be a plus...we lost three players but gained one really good one and Byram is really good and a key piece moving forward. Not sure if we can sign him down the road (hope so)  but for know the team is greatly improved with him in the lineup.

Having played and coached for many years at many differnt levels (I'm old), it is essential that the team feel confident in their goalie. Does not matte rif it is even little boys or girls playing...UPL has become a key piece in the team's success...kudos to him

Sabres played well and Detroit played poorly. Cannot both things be true at once? 

3 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

Sabres played well and Detroit played poorly. Cannot both things be true at once? 

Maybe detroit played poorly becuase the Sabres played  well and did not allow Detroit to play well? When the Sabres are playing good they are very good like against Vegas 7-2 or Toronto9-3. There were many othr games where they were very good and goaltending is clearly the key thing. I am a positive person by nature and see tend to see positves in the team where many other posters only tend to see and speak of anything negative they can dredge up over and over. Kinda like that wash and  rinse wash and rinse thing... 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

of course....that's how you usually win games. Playing better than your opponent

The sabres played well and Detroit played well. Cannot both things be true at once?

Point is, it's a waste of time telling people how they should assess a game unless they asked. 

46 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Funny I woke up this morning and got on this board and started to look for the same old posters with their "oh Detroit sure were bad and the Sabres got them at the right time blah blah blah".... It is amazing that even when they play really good and win not becuase the other team had a off-night or were tired but that that Sabres werethe BETTER team period, same old posters have to make a positive somewhere into a negative. The team keeps proving with good goaltending they can win. I also think that sometimes minus can be a plus...we lost three players but gained one really good one and Byram is really good and a key piece moving forward. Not sure if we can sign him down the road (hope so)  but for know the team is greatly improved with him in the lineup.

Having played and coached for many years at many differnt levels (I'm old), it is essential that the team feel confident in their goalie. Does not matte rif it is even little boys or girls playing...UPL has become a key piece in the team's success...kudos to him

I watched the second and third periods on the Detroit feed and their broadcasters talked about how "Detroit sure were bad".  Yes, the Sabres were clearly the better team but the Wings have been cratering lately.  I don't see it as a negative against the Sabres to point that out.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

The sabres played well and Detroit played well. Cannot both things be true at once?

Point is, it's a waste of time telling people how they should assess a game unless they asked. 

Yeah, I really don't care. They're winning more and that's all that matters

• Like (+1) 2

The Sabres are in 5th in the Wildcard Race this morning.  The two teams behind them though have games in hand, but of course they need to win the games in hand to catch us but both the Devils and Pens are fading.

Games in hand put the Sabres further back of the teams they're chasing as well, but the fact that they're "only 5 points" behind a playoff spot is motivating I think.  Even if they're not as close in the race as it appears, their point total makes it feel like they are, and they're playing like it.  Win as many as they can and maybe the rest will take care of itself.

They have to pass three teams, two of which are playing sub-.500 hockey.  It's gonna be tough.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 4

It’s going to be tough, but the fact that we are even talking about this midway through March is kind of fun. More importantly, my 2 kids snatched up my four tickets for tomorrow night and are super excited to go. That is all I really care about. I actually really wanted to go to that game, so thanks for the invite kids, thanks for nothin 😂

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Then we can move on from getting cranked by our playoff drought to getting cranked by our playoff series win drought.

As it should be.

Keep your eyes on the prize, Promo.

It's not about just making the playoffs.

12 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

It was a fair question i thought. I've truly never seen him fight but Rob ray is always saying "Don't mess with Krebs". I'm not a fan of him, I think we definitely need an upgrade over him. What about his game do you like?

He’s been in several fights including against Sidney Crosby this past preseason.  

Edited by inkman

11 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

It was a fair question i thought. I've truly never seen him fight but Rob ray is always saying "Don't mess with Krebs". I'm not a fan of him, I think we definitely need an upgrade over him. What about his game do you like?

Krebs sees mixing it up with the other team as part of his role.  He's not a good fighter but he's not afraid to drop them.

I think he tries to play an uptempo game.  When he has the time and space he's a good passer, but the more he's pressured, the less accurate the passes get.  Realistically though I think that's not all bad if the whole line is playing uptempo; if they know where to go he can lay in area passes which, if you watch a lot of the best teams in the league, is how they advance the puck.  I do like that he usually plays a simple north-south game, as opposed to the higher skill players who try to evade with lateral movement (thinking of both Tage and Dahlin here... they need to simplify when being pressured, instead of dipsy-doodling.)

That was a fun game to watch start to finish. What was funny was that you could feel there was a ton of Detroit fans there as the place was very quiet most of the night. LOL Nice to see Buffalo skating hard and charging the net. That possesion where they hemmed Detroit in their own end for over a minute was incredible! Hope they can do that nightly. If they can do that against the Isles i will really be impressed!!

12 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Krebs definitely has some psycho and rat in him.

35 minutes ago, inkman said:

He’s been in several fights including against Sidney Crosby this past preseason.  

That was a fun one. He'll be telling his grandkids about that, I'm sure.

OTOH, wtf was Krebs doing last night playing patty cake with this Red Wing after the second major collision with UPL?

7 hours ago, SDS said:

offside. Singular. 

for the second game in a row. Plural.

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The score was 7-3, but Detroit gave up 8 goals.

And got lucky with at least 3 or 4 posts during the game the Sabres hit also.

30 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

That was a fun game to watch start to finish. What was funny was that you could feel there was a ton of Detroit fans there as the place was very quiet most of the night. LOL Nice to see Buffalo skating hard and charging the net. That possesion where they hemmed Detroit in their own end for over a minute was incredible! Hope they can do that nightly. If they can do that against the Isles i will really be impressed!!

I was at the game last night, there were a ton of Detroit fans there. With that said, the place was anything but quiet! It was electric and the fans were very engaged in the game and vocal!! Amazing game to be at given the importance of it and the fan intensity matched that!! Great win!!!

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

It’s going to be tough, but the fact that we are even talking about this midway through March is kind of fun. More importantly, my 2 kids snatched up my four tickets for tomorrow night and are super excited to go. That is all I really care about. I actually really wanted to go to that game, so thanks for the invite kids, thanks for nothin 😂

My son son grabbed my two seats for tomorrow as well! It's great to see the young fans excited about the team again! Cheers to you for providing that opportunity for your children!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Both are colloquially used, including on broadcasts.

OK Dunning-Krueger. 🙄

There is an onside and there is an offside. There are no multiple sides that are off. It is unequivocally singular. It’s cringy. You hear it from dumb jocks on broadcasts because they barely got out of high school. Then the public repeats it. It’s the same exact scenario in football where they say a team has a +10 turnover ratio when it’s actually a differential. Both are grossly incorrect and repeated incessantly by dumb ex-jocks.

18 minutes ago, SDS said:

OK Dunning-Krueger. 🙄

There is an onside and there is an offside. There are no multiple sides that are off. It is unequivocally singular. It’s cringy. You hear it from dumb jocks on broadcasts because they barely got out of high school. Then the public repeats it. It’s the same exact scenario in football where they say a team has a +10 turnover ratio when it’s actually a differential. Both are grossly incorrect and repeated incessantly by dumb ex-jocks.

Wow! Someone's insecure with thier masculinity. Hit the gym buddy, you'll feel better about yourself. 

• Haha (+1) 2