Sabres Trade Kyle Okposo to Florida for Defenseman Calle Sjalin and a Conditional 7th Round Pick

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

A good reminder that these guys are real people with real family concerns that aren’t always visible under the helmet and rest of the uniform. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

That makes no sense. Why would Florida take him if he had hardly any value? They have their eyes on the Cup.

You think Kyle moved that needle towards the cup, more than hardly?

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

You think Kyle moved that needle towards the cup, more than hardly?

You do realize that Florida did not have to trade for him, right?

Why else would they trade for him if they didn't think he was going to make them better?

Tkachuk will get injured or at least be not 100% at some point in the playoffs. They are going to need Kyle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You do realize that Florida did not have to trade for him, right?

Why else would they trade for him if they didn't think he was going to make them better?

Tkachuk will get injured or at least be not 100% at some point in the playoffs. They are going to need Kyle.

I'm aware trades aren't forced onto either team.  Would the word slightly better make you feel like you won?

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

I'm aware trades aren't forced onto either team.  Would the word slightly better make you feel like you won?

Relax. I don't need to win anything.

My point is that what I think doesn't matter, but Florida's GM thinks Kyle makes them better, otherwise, why else would he trade for him?

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Relax. I don't need to win anything.

My point is that what I think doesn't matter, but Florida's GM thinks Kyle makes them better, otherwise, why else would he trade for him?

I feel relaxed and that the tension is on your side of the table.  Because he thinks Kyle makes them slightly better.  

9 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I feel relaxed and that the tension is on your side of the table.  Because he thinks Kyle makes them slightly better.  

I'm cool. If I'm tense, it's because I hate this ***** day and have for over a decade. I don't believe that they are trying to win. I think Pegula sucks and I don't believe that he gives a ***** about the fans and is using the team as some sort of rich douche hobby for himself.

And if it's true that he doesn't like to be embarrassed, um,... too late.

Terry and his team are an embarrassment.

This sucks.

Edited by SwampD

4 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

since he wasted 7 years of his career on the Sabres.

sorry - who wasted what where?

1 hour ago, Peter said:

You left out the fact that he almost died playing for the Sabres or at least had the possibility of not being able to enjoy life the way people are able to do. 

Yeah. There's that.

44 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This softened my hardened heart.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm cool. If I'm tense, it's because I hate this ***** day and have for over a decade. I don't believe that they are trying to win. I think Pegula sucks and I don't believe that he gives a ***** about the fans and is using the team as some sort of rich douche hobby for himself.

This sucks.

No doubt,  we're all frustrated.  Especially since a little bit of hope seeped in because of last years offensive output.  

We are an embarrassment and no one likes to be embarrassed.  

The thing we differ on is, I do think Pegula cares.  I mean even from a business standpoint,  he would.  I'm pretty sure,  he'd much rather win.  What's the upside for him to not care, especially if it's a hobby.  

This can turn around my friend. It's critical that the next set of decisions are made correctly.  We have talent,  cap and prospects. 

28 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This sucks.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

I concur!

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

No doubt,  we're all frustrated.  Especially since a little bit of hope seeped in because of last years offensive output.  

We are an embarrassment and no one likes to be embarrassed.  

The thing we differ on is, I do think Pegula cares.  I mean even from a business standpoint,  he would.  I'm pretty sure,  he'd much rather win.  What's the upside for him to not care, especially if it's a hobby.  

This can turn around my friend. It's critical that the next set of decisions are made correctly.  We have talent,  cap and prospects. 

“This can turn around”. I heard that a lot in the past 13 years. Keep believing and keep getting disappointed.  

I honestly believe that Pegula bought the Sabres to prove to the NFL owners that he can own a sports franchise. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This sucks.

This is buffalo

Edited by Buffalonill

2 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

“This can turn around”. I heard that a lot in the past 13 years. Keep believing and keep getting disappointed.  

I honestly believe that Pegula bought the Sabres to prove to the NFL owners that he can own a sports franchise. 

I'm certainly willing to get disappointed but it's not because of believing in something that isn't possible.  I don't have a ton of faith for obvious reasons but the opportunity is there.  

So you believe Pegula bought the Sabres for that reason,  with no proof,  and I need to check myself?

4 hours ago, SabreFinn said:

We take Lundell from Panthers in the summer instead. They will probably not afford to resign him if they are keeping Reinhart and giving him raised salary.

Gimme Lomberg.  I love that dude's in-your-face game and attitude.  He could light a fire under this listless team.

37 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I'm certainly willing to get disappointed but it's not because of believing in something that isn't possible.  I don't have a ton of faith for obvious reasons but the opportunity is there.  

So you believe Pegula bought the Sabres for that reason,  with no proof,  and I need to check myself?

There's no smoking gun. But it makes sense. Ralph's demise was imminent and Terry, a real insider at PSU football, is a self proclaimed football guy. He said the latter to seemingly shoot down the idea he's a hockey guy. "There just happened to be a hockey team for sale first." (Bills intro presser)

It established his bona fides for sure and he could have been elected mayor of Buffalo in those early years.

Edited by PASabreFan

28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

There's no smoking gun. But it makes sense. Ralph's demise was imminent and Terry, a real insider at PSU football, is a self proclaimed football guy. He said the latter to seemingly shoot down the idea he's a hockey guy. "There just happened to be a hockey team for sale first." (Bills intro presser)

It established his bona fides for sure and he could have been elected mayor of Buffalo in those early years.

I don't have proof but I think it makes sense he'd like both teams to win.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you, Kyle.  

You are a good guy and you deserved better in Buffalo.

I hope that you get your cup.

Then I think you should retire and relax for a while.  You have earned that.

After a year of retirement, if I could, I would offer you job in the front office.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 7+6=13 said:

That is my opinion. What has he done to make this franchise better? If that wasn’t the plan he certainly abandoned the Sabres once the Bills took off 

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you talking about the guy the Penn State hockey arena is named after?  The one who had Sabres season tix back in the day?  That football guy?

pegula_logo_71.thumb.png.a6d5ac1369e98c9b848bb022a92af4cc.png

Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

52 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

if I could, I would offer you job in the front office.

I don't think he wants to move to Nova Scotia.  Could he virtually work in your front office?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Are you talking about the guy the Penn State hockey arena is named after?  The one who had Sabres season tix back in the day?  That football guy?

pegula_logo_71.thumb.png.a6d5ac1369e98c9b848bb022a92af4cc.png

Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

I don't think he wants to move to Nova Scotia.  Could he virtually work in your front office?

Are you doubting Terry?

• Haha (+1) 1