Casey Mittelstadt traded for Bowen Byram

inkman

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

You're speaking about Granato and stressing that he's patently unqualified because he's never played in the NHL.  The greatest coach in history never played in the NHL.  Just admit that not playing in the NHL is not a disqualification as a coach.

Something… something…MILQUETOAST!

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

You're speaking about Granato and stressing that he's patently unqualified because he's never played in the NHL.  The greatest coach in history never played in the NHL.  Just admit that not playing in the NHL is not a disqualification as a coach.

Why would I do that? I never made that claim. You're just following a rabid few here who put their knee-jerk reaction ahead of reason and are now trying to bully me into justifying incompetent reading and thinking.

A cop once pulled me over and tried to get me to admit I wasn't wearing my seat belt when in fact I was. I just unbuckled it to reach into the glove box and retrieve my registration in an effort to be a nice, compliant citizen.  What he really pulled me over for, which he'd never admit, was prior to that I didn't let him go through a four way stop first even though he clearly stopped after I did.

Edited by ...
Auto complete socks

23 minutes ago, ... said:

Why would I do that? I never made that claim. You're just following a rabid few here who put their knee-jerk reaction ahead of reason and are now trying to bully me into justifying incompetent reading and thinking.

A cop once pulled me over and tried to get me to admit I wasn't wearing my seat belt when in fact I was. I just unbuckled it to reach into the glove box and retrieve my registration in an effort to be a nice, compliant citizen.  What he really pulled me over for, which he'd never admit, was prior to that I didn't let him go through a four way stop first even though he clearly stopped after I did.

Sure sounds like you made that claim:

Meatballs will never understand what it takes to compete at the NHL or even AHL level because he's never experienced it.

But yeah, let’s qualify that stand alone sentence with another stand alone sentence, from a different paragraph entirely, just to avoid having to admit that you didn’t say something in the first place. It would have been easier just to apologize for not making yourself clear in the first place. 

Is there a Latin phrase for “intellectual dishonesty?” 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Sure sounds like you made that claim:

But yeah, let’s qualify that stand alone sentence with another stand alone sentence, from a different paragraph entirely, just to avoid having to admit that you didn’t say something in the first place. It would have been easier just to apologize for not making yourself clear in the first place. 

Is there a Latin phrase for “intellectual dishonesty?” 

You're being very childish.

The subject of the sentence you are quoting is Meatballs. You're taking a specific reference and arbitrarily broadening it to create a strawman.

You should really just let this go. If I'm in the wrong it will reflect on me. However, whatever little victory you're trying to gain is making you look like a 12-year-old school hooligan. 

Just now, Doohickie said:

A shooting gallery on this PP.  Keep going guys.

Wrong thread you are in.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ... said:

No, you are.  We're responding to the literal words you wrote and you're trying to maintain you didn't say them.  Or that's not what you meant.  Or something....

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

No, you are.  We're responding to the literal words you wrote and you're trying to maintain you didn't say them.  Or that's not what you meant.  Or something....

Okay, then block me or something. Jumping Christmas.

6 minutes ago, ... said:

The subject of the sentence you are quoting is Meatballs. You're taking a specific reference and arbitrarily broadening it to create a strawman.

You should really just let this go. If I'm in the wrong it will reflect on me. However, whatever little victory you're trying to gain is making you look like a 12-year-old school hooligan. 

Wrong thread you are in.

You just can’t do it, can you? Instead you’re the victim of “bullying” and “hooliganism” and have to resort to insults as a defense mechanism. 

You are in the wrong and it does reflect on you. A little humility might help in the future. 

I will now “just let this go.” 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You just can’t do it, can you? Instead you’re the victim of “bullying” and “hooliganism” and have to resort to insults as a defense mechanism. 

You are in the wrong and it does reflect on you. A little humility might help in the future. 

I will now “just let this go.” 

Neither of those words were used as insults but rather as descriptions. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Since the trade, Casey is 4G 3A in 11 GP, +3. Not much press on him to share since the trade, but Aves 8-3 in last 11 GP. Seems he’s fitting in nicely.  

Thats great man can you tell me how MacKinnon is doing too 

• Eyeroll 1
  • dislike 1

3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I thought it would be interesting to review how old friends have performed since the trades have been made. You can keep scrolling if you’re uninterested. 

It is interesting. Comparing how players produce and perform with different systems and linemates might offer perspective on what configuration could work going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I thought it would be interesting to review how old friends have performed since the trades have been made. You can keep scrolling if you’re uninterested. 

With the Sabres he was .76 PPG this season, with the Avs he's .64 PPG.  Bust!

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bo knows hockey

In his last 11 games he has 0 goals, 1 assist and is -6.  I guess the Sabres no accountability culture has already won him over. 

Normally I would not take this to seriously but you see it when you watch him. 

He stopped all the energy and the on ice banter.  He rotates in and out, plays a soft style of defense, and stopped creating chances. 

He has become like Joker but with a ring and a higher pedigree.  

I am gonna be really interested in what Adams offers to pay this guy over the veteran 2C that he discarded.   

Cant wait to see what 2C he brings in because Cozens is looking like a 3C and Krebs is not the guy right now.  

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Normally I would not take this to seriously but you see it when you watch him. 

He stopped all the energy and the on ice banter.  He rotates in and out, plays a soft style of defense, and stopped creating chances. 

He has become like Joker but with a ring and a higher pedigree.  

I am gonna be really interested in what Adams offers to pay this guy over the veteran 2C that he discarded.   

Cant wait to see what 2C he brings in because Cozens is looking like a 3C and Krebs is not the guy right now.  

couldnt agree with you more...our first line is probably best served as a second line on a contending team. as of now, this is what the team realistically looks like from a 'holes' perspective (imo):

1st Line: Peterka   ?   ?

2nd Line: ?   Tage   Tuch

3rd Line: Benson  Cozens  Quinn

4th Line:  Greenway  Krebs  Skinner (i know, i know - prefer he is gone outright, but he wont be)

1st Pair: ?  Dahlin

2nd Pair: Clifton  Bryam

3rd Pair: Joker   Power

Bench: RJ and Rousek

Now sure, we can plug Skinner into the first line, Rosen, Savoie or Kulich into this line or that line and move Tuch up to this line or that and this and that. On D, move RJ up to 3rd pairing and blah blah. Problem is, that is not a winning team under this current coaching staff - or possibly most coaching staffs. It is a middling .500 club. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bo knows hockey

In his last 11 games he has 0 goals, 1 assist and is -6.  I guess the Sabres no accountability culture has already won him over. 

Not that it's going to make you feel any better but Casey has 1 goal 2 assists and is a minus 6 in his last 5 games on a much better team. For the most part I have only seen the condensed games and one of the problems seems to be they are trying to use him differently. He seems to be in the middle of the ice more than along the walls which is were he is better at gaining puck possession. 

Bo himself is in a new system on the back end. Remember how poorly Clifton was playing at the start of the year? I will still take a wait and see approach.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bo knows hockey

The culture in Buffalo is so bad that McDavid, McKinnon and Matthews could be added to the roster and they would end up looking like Krebs, Jost and VO in just a few games.

• Disagree 1

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bo knows hockey

It’s more likely his early play was reflective of the VERY common post-trade bump and that his recent is a return to his season norm, and the reason he was available, rather than indication the Sabres are beating him down 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s more likely his early play was reflective of the VERY common post-trade bump and that his recent is a return to his season norm, and the reason he was available, rather than indication the Sabres are beating him down 

First couple games he was loose and free and playing wide open. They had him in that PP spot as well. Like an adrenalin rush. Then it's back to the routine and learning what the coach wants and this coach don't know what he wants on D but overall like you say, back to normal.