Casey Mittelstadt traded for Bowen Byram

inkman

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Casey must of not wanted to sign here.  But still that is a pitiful return. 

Eh? Seems to me that the team's decision to sign Thompson and Cozens to 1A/1B centre money signaled that the team wasn't fully sold on Mittelstadt.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I get it. But don’t like it. Casey will be a PPG player on the Avs. We better know how to develop this guy. 

I don’t get it or like it. You’re absolutely right that Casey will thrive in CO. Unless we move out a big name LHD I don’t really understand it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Casey must of not wanted to sign here.  But still that is a pitiful return. 

When questioned about it earlier in the season, he said that Sabres management never approached his manager.  I was hoping it wasn't true but it appears that Kevyn had already signed his core centers and wasn't interested in signing Casey.

Kevyn's a fool.  A damned fool.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Moves timeline backwards.  Check.

Trade a player that was risk not to sign. Check.

Questionable if it fills a need. Check.

Player comes cheap.  Check.

Im good with it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

When questioned about it earlier in the season, he said that Sabres management never approached his manager.  I was hoping it wasn't true but it appears that Kevyn had already signed his core centers and wasn't interested in signing Casey.

Wow that is shocking. I figured at least we had 3 good centers and were young. Boy oh boy spinning our wheels. 

On 3/6/2024 at 2:20 PM, Doohickie said:

He's looking down the pipeline with all the Centers he's drafted and feels Casey not needed. I wish he'd add a 2nd goalie. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Eh? Seems to me that the team's decision to sign Thompson and Cozens to 1A/1B centre money signaled that the team wasn't fully sold on Mittelstadt.

Casey was pretty clear that he liked the city and seemed to be a leader in the making.  They should have thrown the money at Mitts.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I saw a rationale not too long ago that Casey was not going to be happy with a contract offer here given the deals to Cozens and TNT.  I could see KA determining that he wasn’t going to offend Casey and just move him along.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

He's looking down the pipeline with all the Centers he's draft that feels Casey not needed. I wish he'd add a 2nd goalie. 

Casey is the best two-way center on the team.  This trade really hurts the team.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 10

Kevyn is going to make a pair of really solid FA signings to fill our bottom two centers. The deals are all but signed. This is called foresight and I’m happy Kevyn’s thinking ahead. Classic chess players mind. 

Edited by #freejame
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Doohickie said:

Casey is the best two-way center on the team.  This trade really hurts the team.

PA has been right all along.  Its about a preservation timeline.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, #freejame said:

Kevyn is going to make a pair of ready solid FA signings to fill our bottom two centers. The deals are all but signed. This is called foresight and I’m happy Kevyn’s thinking ahead. Classic chess players mind. 

The Muppets Laughing GIF

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Weave said:

I saw a rationale not too long ago that Casey was not going to be happy with a contract offer here given the deals to Cozens and TNT.  I could see KA determining that he wasn’t going to offend Casey and just move him along.

But they didn't even approach his agent.  ASK him and let him tell you no, don't just assume he won't be happy. 

breaking bad bullshit GIF

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Doohickie said:

That’s really more of an indictment of Tage & Dylan’s defensive prowess than Casey’s own zone acumen.