Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

28 minutes ago, Demoted said:

New made up things. Reset year...

Weird response. They have a bunch of dead cap they need to clear. Next offseason then can go superbowl again. That's just reality. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Beyond a bonafide stud receiver what is the team missing?  This draft plugged a bunch of holes everywhere that would’ve added up in cap if we tried to do it with aging vets 

and I still don’t think a stud receiver is absolutely necessary with Josh. He’s always spread out the touches and we’ve replaced a bunch of guys over the last few years who didn’t have a reputation for actually catching the ball with guys who do 

Edited by triumph_communes

1 hour ago, inkman said:

All I know is if things don’t change I’m drafted Kinkaid as TE2 behind Kelce in the first 3 rounds of FF. 

Well yeah, but how I see it they are on the hook for 28 million WR1 money that they can use on a UFA next year.

48 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So your GM is just OK wasting your  QBS prime years.

They literally are trying not to by making this year a reset so they can go all out again in 2025. You act like green bay never did this with rogers.

• Eyeroll 1

While they have made necessary moves to reset the cap situation and age of roster, why does that mean they aren’t contenders this year? Where are they worse then last year?

Safety? Poyer and Hyde where a liability last year.

Corner? Douglas is here from the start and is better then what White was before the injury.

Linebacker? A healthy Milano and Bernard with Williams entering his second year could be best in league.

Defensive line? They lost Floyd who hit the wall about midpoint.

Offensive line? Center may be an issue.

TE - Kincaid will be amongst the league best

RB - Better

WR - Diggs was a non factor last half of the season and Davis made more bad plays then good ones.

QB - ?

• Like (+1) 4

⬆️ 

I always like their chances when 17 is slinging it.

As for Diggs and Floyd: Both of them fell off in the latter half of the year. The Bills are gonna miss the production each player provided when they were humming. That production keyed some wins.

16 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Corner? Douglas is here from the start and is better then what White was before the injury

Douglas is not better than pre-injury Tre. Post-injury, sure.

Wait, I just realized we're probably talking about two different injuries.

38 minutes ago, tom webster said:

While they have made necessary moves to reset the cap situation and age of roster, why does that mean they aren’t contenders this year? Where are they worse then last year?

Safety? Poyer and Hyde where a liability last year.

Corner? Douglas is here from the start and is better then what White was before the injury.

Linebacker? A healthy Milano and Bernard with Williams entering his second year could be best in league.

Defensive line? They lost Floyd who hit the wall about midpoint.

Offensive line? Center may be an issue.

TE - Kincaid will be amongst the league best

RB - Better

WR - Diggs was a non factor last half of the season and Davis made more bad plays then good ones.

QB - ?

Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

I still think it’s coaching and execution that will make the difference. The coaching is evolving on offense and we can’t really do worse on injuries. The new guys have a reputation of being smart players that are clutch, not athletic tools you have to teach the game to and hope they pick up the instinct (ignoring the international guy)

a receiver might break free come trade deadline from some team that isn’t hacking it 

Edited by triumph_communes

11 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

The coaching is evolving on offense and we can’t really do worse on injuries.

Except for the (Potential) Injury that Shall Not be Named I think this is a smart point. Injuries were a big problem last season and we watched the offensive play calling evolve in real time.

We also saw pivotal players devolve into fundamentally useless pieces and a normally reliable kicker let them down.

If these things stabilize next season and they get decent production from the new guys then theoretically they should have more success. 

While I don’t think Beane is infallible, I think he’s playing the long game wrt the cap and realizes that being consistently very good, ie, making the playoffs is the strategy, as luck invariably plays a part in a team going all the way. There are 31 teams that are disappointed every single year

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah man, we got some characters for sure this time.

I love DeWayne Carter. I didn't know him from Adam before yesterday but watching a whole bunch of video about him, especially the 8 minute one put out by Duke, this cat is special, all heart and soul.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Weird response. They have a bunch of dead cap they need to clear. Next offseason then can go superbowl again. That's just reality. 

Reality is they will be contending this year just like all the other years. That is the truth, this reset thing is just more made up bunk by people that are trying to cope with losing over the hill players. 

Do what you need to hit that copium bud but don't think your "reality" is the truth.

Edited by Demoted