Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

Samuel was McCaffrey when he played at Ohio St. His last year there he was 97 carries for 771 and 8 TD's rushing to go with 74 catches,  865 and 7 TD's receiving. Blazing speed meant get him the ball. 

He's played for 2 bad teams during his NFL time with poor QB play. Can line up anywhere and move the D with his speed. Think he didn't wish to sign here with Allen playing QB ? 

Yes they may still draft a WR somewhere..but DL and Secondary have far more needs right now.  Kincaid is seen as a motion WR.  Diggs, Shakir and Knox as your true TE.  They just signed a backup 6-4 WR from Atlanta to go with rookie 6-4 Shorter they drafted in Round 5 last year and hid on IR. They are not lacking in WR depth. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

They still need a big X and I think it would be crazy to wait until the later rounds in a draft with a wealth of talent that is going to go by the mid 40s. 

It's a terrible draft for edge players. ... The strategy should be to push your chips in on making the offense as good as possible with your once-in-a-lifetime generational QB. And this is probably Diggs last year here, so get the fella who will be ascending and ready to become WR1 eventually.

<snip snip>

this is a fizzer of a post. i agree with all of it, to the extent i have any basis to do so (no idea on who's who in terms of prospects).

we keep hearing that this is a WR wealthy draft. so take 2! they did something like that with rousseau and basham a while back. go, go, go!

that said, i do worry a bit about not having a leonard floyd comparable this season. but maybe that's supposed to be von with a proper recovery?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

Samuel was McCaffrey when he played at Ohio St. His last year there he was 97 carries for 771 and 8 TD's rushing to go with 74 catches,  865 and 7 TD's receiving. Blazing speed meant get him the ball. 

He's played for 2 bad teams during his NFL time with poor QB play. Can line up anywhere and move the D with his speed. Think he didn't wish to sign here with Allen playing QB ? 

Yes they may still draft a WR somewhere..but DL and Secondary have far more needs right now.  Kincaid is seen as a motion WR.  Diggs, Shakir and Knox as your true TE.  They just signed a backup 6-4 WR from Atlanta to go with rookie 6-4 Shorter they drafted in Round 5 last year and hid on IR. They are not lacking in WR depth. 

This is an excellent post...but I still want them to draft a game-breaking WR in the 1st round.  Among other reasons -- and I hate to say this, because I love Diggs -- Diggs may be in decline. 

But in any case the main reason is that I want JA to have a multitude of weapons so that we do not get outscored by you-know-who again in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

<snip snip>

this is a fizzer of a post. i agree with all of it, to the extent i have any basis to do so (no idea on who's who in terms of prospects).

we keep hearing that this is a WR wealthy draft. so take 2! they did something like that with rousseau and basham a while back. go, go, go!

that said, i do worry a bit about not having a leonard floyd comparable this season. but maybe that's supposed to be von with a proper recovery?

I think you guys will pick up jadeveon clowney

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

Per NFL Network, the Bills were competing with the Jags for San Fran All-Pro Jessie Armstead to add to the DL... but the Jags gave him 51 Mil for 3 years which surprised many in the NFL. 

Bills  obviously want more on the DL and definitely waiting out some Vets for Safety, let alone drafting more.  Chris Brown stated that when FA started, there were 29 Safties out there in FA that started at some point last season, which is a crazy occurrence for 1 off-season. Still many out there hoping to get paid. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

i do worry a bit about not having a leonard floyd comparable this season. but maybe that's supposed to be von with a proper recovery?

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I think you guys will pick up jadeveon clowney

Hmmm.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I love Diggs -- Diggs may be in decline. 

There's no doubt he is. He is also a WR whose game should translate well to a savvy vet WR2 role (he's a route technician with great hands). But the Bills need a young horse in the fold - someone who can take pressure off 14. Everything lines up for this to be the draft where they go grab one (or two).

Don't know much about Samuel (the lesser). I guess Deebo wasn't available. 😄 And the Bills will surely take a WR in Day 1 or 2 as an immediate or near term #2.

However, all these weapons won't matter if the Bills don't have/get a competent (at minimum) replacement for Morse. I don't think there is one on the roster presently and the $ available for a FA have nearly dried up. But I'm sure Beane has a plan. He always seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

14 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Don't know much about Samuel (the lesser). I guess Deebo wasn't available. 😄 And the Bills will surely take a WR in Day 1 or 2 as an immediate or near term #2.

However, all these weapons won't matter if the Bills don't have/get a competent (at minimum) replacement for Morse. I don't think there is one on the roster presently and the $ available for a FA have nearly dried up. But I'm sure Beane has a plan. He always seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Fwiw, my Twitter feed was overrun with tape-watching/stat modeling junkies who love Samuel to the Bills.

As for centre, here's what I've gathered from listening and reading to media that covers the Bills: McGovern is sliding over to centre and the Bills are high on Alec Anderson and his ability to play LG. I also heard someone relate, in passing, that the team feels they might actually become more physical on the OL when they're not pairing Morse and McGovern on the interior. I'm not exactly sure what to make of that -- maybe that Morse was getting blown off his spot too much? (Btw, playing centre in the NFL would effing suck.)

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Diggs and his cryptic tweets. Always trying to stir the pot. He ain't going nowhere anytime soon. Media just eats this garbage up too. 

3 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Gotta draft their future #1 WR, IMO.

And it's the correct opinion, IMO of course. 😉

20 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Diggs and his cryptic tweets. Always trying to stir the pot. He ain't going nowhere anytime soon. Media just eats this garbage up too. 

And it's the correct opinion, IMO of course. 😉

I don’t know why anyone would try to predict the meaning behind any of Digg’s tweets.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Weave said:

I don’t know why anyone would try to predict the meaning behind any of Digg’s tweets.

Exactly. Just go over to TBD and read all the theories going on. Cowboys cut Gallup 1 hour after Diggs tweeted that. Why? Because Jerruh is clearing cap space to bring Diggs in. 😆 🤣 

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Diggs' dead cap # for this season would be just over $31M.

There is no way the Bills can trade him.

Not sure, but doesn't that number go down quite a bit if they trade him after June 1?

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Not sure, but doesn't that number go down quite a bit if they trade him after June 1?

Apparently. The article linked below says it would be an $8.8M hit in 2024 if he were traded after June 1, but that $22.2 would then hit as dead cap in 2025. I will admit: The cap stuff makes my brain hurt. I have no idea whether and how those numbers could be manipulated, offset, and managed.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/02/06/stefon-diggs-nfl-network-pro-bowl-interview-contract-trade-speculation/72481777007/

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

<snip snip>

I'd be surprised if Miller comes back to much. I think he's probably done, but at least they got a restructure that is heavily incentive based. Edge is a problem. It's a very good draft at WR. OL, and CB are pretty strong, too. I think there's decent depth at DT, but not at the 1T, which is what you need to split time with Jones. Edge, though, I think is just plain bad. I'd rather take some late round flyers, than spend an early pick there.

Just inserting this on Diggs:

I think Diggs is untradeable this year with the cap hit. I don't think Beane would do that. The compensation would have to be considerable, and then you definitely need to bring in two top talents at WR early. I'm skeptical that Diggs is still a true WR1, but he's at least a borderline WR1, high end WR2. The cryptic tweets thing gets old, though. 

Nothing to see here. BB has been careful to not push too much dead money into next year. Can’t see him exacerbating the problem by trading Diggs now or after June1. And the Bills aren’t exactly deep at WR - trading Diggs makes no sense. Totally agree with @That Aud Smell - Diggs is just an odd fellow.

• Like (+1) 1

Re: Miller. We will quite likely see a much more impactful player this coming season, though not pre-Bills Von Miller because of age.

Several years ago I was told by a Sports Orthopedics professional something that has proven true with very, very few exceptions. When an athlete tears an ACL he (or she) can become functional within a year. But they don’t fully return to form until two years later.

Regardless, he’s done as a Bill after this coming season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2024 at 8:17 AM, nfreeman said:

This is an excellent post...but I still want them to draft a game-breaking WR in the 1st round.  Among other reasons -- and I hate to say this, because I love Diggs -- Diggs may be in decline. 

But in any case the main reason is that I want JA to have a multitude of weapons so that we do not get outscored by you-know-who again in the playoffs.

Buffalo should bite the bullet and trade him..

in my opinion buffalo made a statement last year basically saying we don't need diggs to be successful. 

And I would be Irritated if I was I buffalo fan with his Constant drama on Twitter and his brother Bad mouthing the team and QB

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo should bite the bullet and trade him..

in my opinion buffalo made a statement last year basically saying we don't need diggs to be successful. 

And I would be Irritated if I was I buffalo fan with his Constant drama on Twitter and his brother Bad mouthing the team and QB

I can’t stand him.  I’ve wanted him gone for a couple years now.  Allen doesn’t need him anymore to be successful.  And now Diggs drama>production.  

• Like (+1) 1