Rumor: The Bruins may have interest in both Kyle Okposo and Zemgus Girgensons

Brawndo

This isn't surprising to me.  Although they are frequently pilloried by Sabre fans as being replacement-level 4th liners, any objective review of the 4th lines of NHL playoff level teams, most-definitely including the Bruins, reveals that Okposo and Girgensens would be upgrades to many rosters. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

For the love of God please trade Girgs to a contender. The guy was drafted in 2012 and has never seen a playoff game. No one has suffered more in the NHL.

Je has been a loyal soldier who hasn’t complained. I would love to see him in a playoff run and it ain’t happening in Buffalo anytime soon.

Same for Okposo. Let’s see if anyone steps into a leadership role with him out the door. Would find out a lot about this team.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Sabres AGM Jason Karmanos has been at the past two Bruins Games 

It’s funny because when I first heard this rumor my first response was that all the people that hate on the two of them may have to eat their words as I could see the two of them being decent contributors to a long run.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

For the love of God please trade Girgs to a contender. The guy was drafted in 2012 and has never seen a playoff game. No one has suffered more in the NHL.

Je has been a loyal soldier who hasn’t complained. I would love to see him in a playoff run and it ain’t happening in Buffalo anytime soon.

Same for Okposo. Let’s see if anyone steps into a leadership role with him out the door. Would find out a lot about this team.

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Honestly, when the playoffs start, I'd root for the Latvian Locomotive to get a Cup regardless of his jersey colors.

(But, you know, please move him to Vancouver rather than Toronto/Boston... so at least I don't feel conflicted.)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Don't trade them to a Rival anything but that .

KO would be a loaner player, maybe Z can hang there for a few seasons.  He would fit in on the grinder lines. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Great... another Bjork or Clifton incoming.

I hate deals for guys that actually hurt us, rather than help us and Adams last two transactions with the Bruins have yielded exactly that.

Clifton was not a trade, he was a free agent.   Clifton has helped us.   I just don't get all the Clifton hate on this board.

Yes, he made some errors, fell twice and had two pucks deflect off of him, but overall he has been pretty good.  Took time to adjust to DG's "system" (whatever that is) and went from a minus 8 to a plus 5 so far.  That is not easy to do playing on a 3rd pairing role on a team that cannot score goals.  It is a real indicator that he has played well.  Decent on the PK, willing to hit hard and move people.  I like him for what he is.

You wanna be disappointed in the defense this year - look at drop off in play of Muel and Power first.  Both have been mishandled, per usual with the Sabres.  

Bjork was a flier throw in on the Hall trade and never any more than a AHL/NHL tweener.  You want to complain about a player, Hall is your man.  He basically quit on the team and waited for the trade deadline while cashing in on a big contract via a friendship with Krueger.   What a waste he was.  One of my most least respected players to ever wear the Sabres crest is Taylor Hall.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Sabres AGM Jason Karmanos has been at the past two Bruins Games 

Could handle Okposo being a Bruin because it would be for the playoff run and MAYBE 1 more year.  PLEASE, Adams, do not trade Girgensons there.  Like the guy.  (Realize it's best for him and the team for him to move on to let the younger leaders make this their team, but not happy about it.)  Do NOT want to see him helping the Bruins do well for the next 4-6 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Clifton was not a trade, he was a free agent.   Clifton has helped us.   I just don't get all the Clifton hate on this board.

Yes, he made some errors, fell twice and had two pucks deflect off of him, but overall he has been pretty good.  Took time to adjust to DG's "system" (whatever that is) and went from a minus 8 to a plus 5 so far.  That is not easy to do playing on a 3rd pairing role on a team that cannot score goals.  It is a real indicator that he has played well.  Decent on the PK, willing to hit hard and move people.  I like him for what he is.

You wanna be disappointed in the defense this year - look at drop off in play of Muel and Power first.  Both have been mishandled, per usual with the Sabres.  

Bjork was a flier throw in on the Hall trade and never any more than a AHL/NHL tweener.  You want to complain about a player, Hall is your man.  He basically quit on the team and waited for the trade deadline while cashing in on a big contract via a friendship with Krueger.   What a waste he was.  One of my most least respected players to ever wear the Sabres crest is Taylor Hall.  

Note I said transaction, not trade. 

Clifton is last on the team in relative expected goal %. We'd be far better with him out of the lineup and R Johnson in. 

Screenshot_20240211-113738.thumb.png.b6415b21d8fa4c2d7597c2a49ae2632f.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.