GDT: Kraken @ Sabres - Tues. 7 pm ET, Jan 9, 2024 MSG-B, ROOT-NW, ESPN+, Sportsnet+ 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

Anyone who thinks Devon Levi is NHL ready is delusional (and that includes KA and Meatballs).

Anyone who doesn't think this is a fair weather hockey team that doesn't quit is delusional (and that includes KA and Meatballs).

Anyone who thinks they will make the playoffs is delusional and really should seek help.

Easy game for Seattle. Proper road hockey. Get a lead and then shut it down. Sabres quit.

I pity anyone who goes to games like this and pays money. They should get 2/3 of their money back since Sabres only play for 20-25 minutes. 

Just another in a long list of low event games that are over about 10 minutes faster than an NHL average in real time minutes. Or as Meatballs says "we're in a moment here".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Hell no!!! Kraken all the way!! This is how I want the Sabres to play

This is an interesting comment because ideally it IS the way they should play. Every team (except the Sabres) knows you go to the net and you screen and tip. That's not unique and that's been hockey forever. They are more solid on the back end but speed with an aggressive forecheck, that SHOULD be the Sabres and it SHOULD be the Sabres EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

But it ain't. 

• Like (+1) 1

They are building chemistry?

Developing their young raw talent right at the NHL level?

I think this team will be hard to beat in 2 seasons or so. For now, we must have patience. It's only been 12 seasons, what's another 2 or 3?

Patience.

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

They should try Tage or Casey with Quinn and Peterka. Cozens isn’t doing anything to help them.

Tage sucks. Sorry, but the magic is long gone. He spends half of his ice rime floating around in la la land.

• Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

This is an interesting comment because ideally it IS the way they should play. Every team (except the Sabres) knows you go to the net and you screen and tip. That's not unique and that's been hockey forever. They are more solid on the back end but speed with an aggressive forecheck, that SHOULD be the Sabres and it SHOULD be the Sabres EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

But it ain't. 

Still can't believe they made the playoffs in their 2nd year and Vegas in their 1st. 

The Sabres have had twelve YEARS to try something different, buy they simply refuse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Still can't believe they made the playoffs in their 2nd year and Vegas in their 1st. 

The Sabres have had twelve YEARS to try something different, buy they simply refuse. 

Thats because other teams try to build winners, and will go all in to win now

Here they want to build a Dynasty that will win for years and years to come, and can't sacrifice future potential for any success now....

There was a time around here back in the Lindy Days when fans were upset and demanded change because they were upset with the team just making the playoffs.

They got the change and then wanted them to lose if they weren't cup contenders because losing out for a better draft slot was better then just making the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

They should try Tage or Casey with Quinn and Peterka. Cozens isn’t doing anything to help them.

Tage looks like our most clueless player just about every night, giving pucks away and just playing careless in all phases imo so why should he be promoted? He deserves 4th line.

4 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

If anything it kind of makes sense. When you build something from the start, if you have the direction, you are on a clean slate.

The Sabres have their right hand tied to their left leg with their other foot up their own ass

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I'm guessing quite a bit fewer than an hour ago.

I was there. I’d say 12-13k in attendance. The goal to make it 3-2 sucked the life out of the building, as the Sabres did absolutely nothing after that to turn the momentum. This team is total dogshit

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

There's a very good chance Donnie will be one of the 5 longest tenured coaches in the league next season. At this point all you can do is laugh.

There’s no accountibility from the owner down. 

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Levi was bad again

So they won't be raising his number to the rafters at the end of the season?

Seems like the end of last season was just teams using the Sabres as a night off/rest and was too small a sample size for levi

He should have started the year down in Rochester and sepnt atleast the year there to develop and force his way onto the team because of his play.

Its never hurt a players development to spend more time in the minors, but it can destroy them by spending not enough and coming up before they are ready.

Unless they want to ruin him, send him down to Rochester and bring in someone to play with UPL in the NHL.

Of course that would require making a move and using an assett which the front office seem to covet hoarding.....

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Like (+1) 1

I looked at tix prices earlier.. 22 bucks for uppers.... Nah 

Figured I would watch tonight... Nah. 

Caught up on my binging of Fargo, on season 2 now, it's super good. 

The spent the evening and made a pistachio bechamel sauce and rolled my own pasta, made a loaf of sourdough bread and got fat. 

Checked the score and def made the right decision. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I looked at tix prices earlier.. 22 bucks for uppers.... Nah 

Figured I would watch tonight... Nah. 

Caught up on my binging of Fargo, on season 2 now, it's super good. 

The spent the evening and made a pistachio bechamel sauce and rolled my own pasta, made a loaf of sourdough bread and got fat. 

Checked the score and def made the right decision. 

Turned it on at 1-0. Turned it off shortly after down 2-1. The decision was the correct one. How nothing has been done absolutely astounds me. Is Kevyn Adams real? Does he actually exist or is he an AI construct?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

One of the commentators said during the game that good goaltending leads to good play. It helps build confidence in their game. I agree 100%. Why we couldn't just improve one position over what the last three four seasons is beyond me. Oh yeah KA Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, sabresouth said:

One of the commentators said during the game that good goaltending leads to good play. It helps build confidence in their game. I agree 100%. Why we couldn't just improve one position over what the last three four seasons is beyond me. Oh yeah KA Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

I don't eve need a GOOD goaltender. An NHL competent one will do just fine. Wouldn't want to block the kids though.  Can't win a little while we're waiting for them to rot <cough> ripen on the vine.

• Agree 2

Starting to believe KA is just happy to collect high picks. Give him a decade or so and he might round into a decent gm. But at this rate he seems content to tread water. I doubt he carves out a long career as one. Who knows ? 

Edited by bunomatic
  • Agree 2

Just now, Thorny said:

Kraken always looked to be one of the more difficult teams in this easier stretch.

Hopefully bounce back next game 

Oh they will, and then probably lose the one after that -- Sabres hockey, folks.

lol, perhaps the pessimism is a sign to get off the net for the night. usually I am optimistic. I do think the canucks game will be a good test for what is to come

good night guys

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Starting to believe KA is just happy to collect high picks. Give him a decade or so and he might round into a decent gm. But at this rate he seems content to tread water I doubt he carves out a long career as one. Who knows ? 

He's a guy who buys nice wine and bourbon, puts it on a rack, never opens it and never sells it but talks about it lovingly whenever asked. He's just waiting for it to mature.

Edited by Contempt
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.