12 minutes ago, Shoot da Puck said:

The beginning of a 12 game winning streak...Jack Black Yes GIF

OK, I'll play. Next 11 games to get to 12 game win streak: 

@OTT, @MTL, @PIT, v SEA, v OTT, v VAN, v SJS, v CHI, v TBL, @ANA, @ LAK

Analysis?

Who knows!?  But go ahead Red, puff out that pasty white hairless chest! :😜

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I do not know about rocked.  We made a crappy backup goalie look like Hasek. Our scorers look horrible and slow and are afraid to go to the front of the damn net. 

Cheerios meet piss. I understand and embrace your anger.  I loathe a lot about this team.  But you have to realize they outplayed the BJs almost every second of this game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show

he won a puck battle to set up the winner, right?  

How anyone can be critical of TT in the OT format is baffling. As you pointed out, he shot the puck, retrieved it, made a nice pass to Power who quickly got it to Skinner for a score. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Cheerios meet piss. I understand and embrace your anger.  I loathe a lot about this team.  But you have to realize they outplayed the BJs almost every second of this game. 

Well, we got the BJs today.... good for all of us.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Some quick thoughts in this game. I thought Mitts was our best player in this game. 

I thought Buffalo outplayed Columbus offensively. We doubled their shots. 

Their goalie who was at first shaky, he tightened up and kept his team in the game. This was a back to back game for them. I sensed they lost steam and were holding on for dear life. 

UPL was solid. 

Quinn seems back to form. 

Considering how we outplayed Columbus offensively, it would have been demoralizing if we would have lost this game. 

This was a fast paced game with few penalties. It seems that the replacement HC is in sync with the sick HC from a style of play approach. 

This game will have little meaning if we don't win tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yeah the 3rd worst team in the East beat the 2nd worst team in the East in OT.  What an amazing accomplishment.  They should be proud.  Up next the worst team in the East.  Could their 2nd 2 game win streak of the season be on the horizon?

That would be great. I'm all in for that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

He may take a stride or two longer to get to full speed but I hardly think he’s slow.  Maybe I’m wrong. I do a lot of drugs. 

You are not wrong, he is not slow.  Long strides, long reach, able to shield with his body, great hands, amazing shot - he should be on the 3v3.  

He is not quite right this season, but it would be fireable to not play him in 3v3.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Some quick thoughts in this game. I thought Mitts was our best player in this game. 

Their goalie who was at first shaky, he tightened up and kept his team in the game. This was a back to back game for them. I sensed they lost steam and were holding on for dear life. 

UPL was solid. 

Considering how we outplayed Columbus offensively, it would have been demoralizing if we would have lost this game. 

This was a fast paced game with few penalties. It seems that the replacement HC is in sync with the sick HC from a style of play approach. 

Any thoughts on how the power play looked? 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

UPL was solid. 

To the bold

Really?!?!? UPL let in 2 goals on 20 shots in regulation.  

To contrast BJ's goalie only let in 2 goals on 40 shots in regulation. We had a lot of point blank chances where he made great saves so we can't say, well our defense was bad in front of UPL so he didn't have a chance. No he needs to make more saves

Edited by sabresouth
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.