LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

confused friends GIF

I thought he played really well after the first period. ย 
ย 

gotta bury those chances in OT.ย 
ย 

Bills won so pretty good night overallย 

After the Christmas break, I'm hopeful for a good run by them, especially now that they have a full line-upย 

how badly did they miss Quinn???ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like (+1) 1

Only watched part of the first period because of the Buffalo Bills game. Watching now on Buffalo Sabres replay. Another loss for the Sabres UPL isnโ€™t the answer for a number one goalie. But I have been saying that since Devon Levi signed with the Sabres. Onto the Boston Bruins game Wednesday in my opinion. Go Sabres! Letโ€™s Go Buffaloย 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I thought he played really well after the first period. ย 
ย 

gotta bury those chances in OT.ย 
ย 

Bills won so pretty good night overallย 

After the Christmas break, I'm hopeful for a good run by them, especially now that they have a full line-upย 

how badly did they miss Quinn???ย 

ย 

ย 

Heโ€™s easily in their top 4 forwards.ย 

Nice comeback from a 2-0 deficit to get a point.ย 

Sabres had a multitude of great chances to end the game including 2 straight up breakaways by Tuch(shorthanded late in regulations) and Mittelstadt and another great chance or two from point blank range.

Gotta finish those chances. Get a point tho and keep stacking.

ย 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

How does UPL find himself so far out of the net all the time?

It really is mind boggling. Between that and his "I've fallen and I can't get up" approach to flurries in front of the net, it makes me wonder how anyone decided he might be an NHL goalie. Is it coaching or just a total lack of mental discipline and combined with zero athleticism?

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Ryan Johnson keeps making plays you just don't expect such an inexperienced player to make.ย  Plays that, if he misses them, will result in a break the other way, but he never misses them.ย  He continues to impress.

Itโ€™s almost like these players (Johnson and Benson) that havenโ€™t been coached by Granato know how they are suppose to attack the puck. Everyone else on the teams knows how to do it, but only does it when they โ€œwanted to back Donny.โ€ Weird. ย Itโ€™s almost like they know how to play the right way, but choose not to. ย Weirdโ€ฆ

• Like (+1) 1

I had the game on my iPad at the sports bar but it was challenging watching it and the Bills in that environment, beer, wings, people, etc.ย 

Bills got the DUB, Sabres fell short. ย 

Rangers had more power plays and better goaltending, that is what I got from a limited perspective ย  ย I was expecting more, didnโ€™t see any advantage in playing them on a B2B. ย 

The team needs more from the first line. ย They have to start carrying a bigger load.ย 
ย 

The EJ fight and all the misconducts was bizarre to watch with no sound. ย I liked that he jumped in ย  That has to be the culture. donโ€™t ย let he refs police, because they wonโ€™t. ย 

ย 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Believer said:

UPL played a good game.

Really, that means we would of had to score 5 goals to win the game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You aren't going to win many games when you have to score 5 goals.

THANK YOU KA. You are brilliant. No legit goalie in how many years?

ย 

6 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Really, that means we would of had to score 5 goals to win the game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You aren't going to win many games when you have to score 5 goals.

THANK YOU KA. You are brilliant. No legit goalie in how many years?

ย 

Well, 4 goals actually.ย 

But your point is well taken.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, mudberry said:

Anyone see if the hit from before the fight was clean, and who it was on? Sorry, trying to watch both games at once.

I've been an EJ fan all year. This is leadership.ย  You ask for toughness and intangibles and a vet, here you go. Unfortunately he's not also a Norris candidate at this point in his career.ย 

This was an unnecessary hit in an attempt to intimidate "f u in our game" (which I'm fine with) and EJ addressed it accordingly (and the refs for not calling the boarding penalty).

ย 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

The team needs more from the first line. ย They have to start carrying a bigger load.ย 
ย 

This team has problems, most teams do. People pick what they want to complain about, some want a different coach so its his fault, some want the young guys up from Rochester, some want more veterans, some say the D is bad, some say its Adams fault for having bad goaltending.....but ultimately if the first line (and Cozens) do what you expect them to, this team would be fine.ย ย 

Obviously everything else could have been the exact same last night but if you got production from your first line, you win. They didn't.

For all the problems this team has MOST of the change from last year is the missing production from Thompson and Cozens from last year. If they were doing what they did last year, your PP is a lot better and you have a lot more goals.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Getpucksdeep said:

I've been an EJ fan all year. This is leadership.ย  You ask for toughness and intangibles and a vet, here you go. Unfortunately he's not also a Norris candidate at this point in his career.ย 

This was an unnecessary hit in an attempt to intimidate "f u in our game" (which I'm fine with) and EJ addressed it accordingly (and the refs for not calling the boarding penalty).

ย 

That was awesome.ย  A vet sticking up for the team.ย  Why did Skinner get 10?

A tie in MSG against a very good Ranger team is a good result for this young team.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.