GDT: 9th Dec. Habs visit. CBC, MSG-B, TVAS, SN360

steveoath

Gotta play those vets right Donny? 

19 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Talk about a quick turnaround. Back from Rochester to the starters role again. 

Will Quinn play? Or is he just rotating in to get reps? 

Rotating for now, I imagine he will be back after the Christmas Break 

• Like (+1) 5

52 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Krebs and Jost played together the other night for a short bit. I’d like to see more of that. With Robinson. Really liked what he brought vs Bruins. 

Lines are looking better. 

When Quinn and Tuch get back, a lot of goood options:

Tuch-Tage-Skinner

Quinn-Cozens-Peterka 

(if we want to run it back) then,

Benson-Middlestadt- (take your pick) Jost/Olafsson/Robinson

or

Benson-Casey-Peterka 

Quinn-Cozens-Jost/Robinson/Olafsson

I do like Casey on that top line with Skinner and Thompson, but the problem there is shortchanging Center with ostensibly two on the first line. Cozens becomes the only other center with offensive scoring potential.

Tuch could combine on the wing with any of Benson/Peterka/Quinn/Robinson/Olofsson  

The challenge becomes who that 3rd center is. I like Jost but not a scoring center. I would be happier to see him with Krebs and Robinson or Okposo on line 4. 

19 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If you want to know where this organization stands: Have this game in my 11 game plan and it's one I have to sell (I work retail and it's December). Put it up for plan face value ($35) and as of now no buyer.

For a Saturday night.

Vs the Habs.

Yeah...

Curious if anybody knows when the people from "unworthy" zip codes are allowed to purchase tickets for those games that are part of the "home ice advantage" treatment.

Expect a lot of the issue getting tix sold for games that the visitor's fans usually swarm the rink is that policy.  By the time they're allowed to buy tix, those fans have already made other plans for game night.

57 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Krebs and Jost played together the other night for a short bit. I’d like to see more of that. With Robinson. Really liked what he brought vs Bruins. 

Lines are looking better. 

When Quinn and Tuch get back, a lot of goood options:

Tuch-Tage-Skinner

Quinn-Cozens-Peterka 

(if we want to run it back) then,

Benson-Middlestadt- (take your pick) Jost/Olafsson/Robinson

or

Benson-Casey-Peterka 

Quinn-Cozens-Jost/Robinson/Olafsson

I do like Casey on that top line with Skinner and Thompson, but the problem there is shortchanging Center with ostensibly two on the first line. Cozens becomes the only other center with offensive scoring potential.

Tuch could combine on the wing with any of Benson/Peterka/Quinn/Robinson/Olofsson  

The challenge becomes who that 3rd center is. I like Jost but not a scoring center. I would be happier to see him with Krebs and Robinson or Okposo on line 4. 

Don’t forget Greenway. The forward group has missed his play. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Did they send Kulich back down? Wondering why Rosen is getting the longer look? They show casing him perhaps?

Kulich went down before the St. Louis game 

In the history of professional sports, has anyone ever been show cased for a trade?  Everyone says it all the time.  I can’t think of one example. 

Edited by inkman

I get to watch it live (sort of; streaming seems to be delayed about 12 seconds). A rarity. Not usually a good outcome but let's not be superstitious.

Kind of a no pressure feeling for me. Pre Xmas home game vs. Montreal should be nice and fun. Loss means little... Would be further confirmation of what we all fear. A win won't really move the needle of the big picture but at least we could entertain some visions of sugar plums.

Edited by PASabreFan

55 minutes ago, inkman said:

Kulich went down before the St. Louis game 

In the history of professional sports, has anyone ever been show cased for a trade?  Everyone says it all the time.  I can’t think of one example. 

I'm pretty sure teams have played players so trade partners can get a look at them at the NHL lvl. But ya, merely a deduction based on assumption.

• steveoath changed the title to GDT: 9th Dec. Habs visit. CBC, MSG-B, TVAS, SN360
5 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Appears to be a Hockey Night in Canada and SportsNet Regional Game.  The leaves from the Great Satan are always the National Game.

People who didn't grow up in this area don't know what they were missing with the HNIC games growing up as a kid...freaking loved watching them with my Dad even when the Sabres weren't playing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.