Sabres Practice Dec 8, 2023

LGR4GM

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So many people undervalue Quinn’s game.

It will take him time but his impact will be felt. His hockey sense is like Benson’s. He doesn’t have as big a motor as Benson but he is faster and has a better shot. He can play PP, PK and is a hard worker defensively.

His time away will make him hungrier and he will have seen plenty of games and videos to make him play smarter.

He was ahead of JJP and look at the steps that guy has taken so far this season.

• Like (+1) 9

10 minutes ago, French Collection said:

It will take him time but his impact will be felt. His hockey sense is like Benson’s. He doesn’t have as big a motor as Benson but he is faster and has a better shot. He can play PP, PK and is a hard worker defensively.

His time away will make him hungrier and he will have seen plenty of games and videos to make him play smarter.

He was ahead of JJP and look at the steps that guy has taken so far this season.

Yep,  the season basically ended when he got injured and Adams figured Olofsson could keep his spot warm while he was out 

Quinn is super competitive.  Will never forget him in Rochester , someone pissed him off , he scored and instead of celebrating he goes and grapples with the dude 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I don't know if faster is the right term (I am not in disagreement though). I think Jack Quinn is more efficient with his movement than Benson currently is. They have similar qualities in that they are both very smart in how they attack the game. I hope we get to see Quinn with Benson. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Yep,  the season basically ended when he got injured and Adams figured Olofsson could keep his spot warm while he was out 

VO has been better lately but they needed more.

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't know if faster is the right term (I am not in disagreement though). I think Jack Quinn is more efficient with his movement than Benson currently is. They have similar qualities in that they are both very smart in how they attack the game. I hope we get to see Quinn with Benson. 

That pairing would be playing chess with other team’s D playing checkers.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Off topic but how the hell isn't Tage's goal song TNT by ACDC? 

the whole crowd  chanting " oi, oi, oi"

TNT im dynamite

TNT I'll win fight

TNT  im a power load 

TNT watch me explode 

Because he gets to pick the song I guess. I’ve had the same thought many times.  It would be great.  😊 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Who sits when Girgs, Greenway, Tuch and Quinn all come back? 

I don't know the time line for most, so just thinking out loud here: Jost, Rosen, Robinson and...

I think Okposo needs to be in a rotation, he can't play every game. I think Bryson and Comrie need to be waived. Robinson I keep until he makes me want to sit him. Rosen and Jost are obvious players to leave the lineup. 

The Sabres have to get rid of 2 forwards and a defender and a goalie to add those 4 players back. Jost, Rosen, Comrie, and Bryson. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Quinn is super competitive.  Will never forget him in Rochester , someone pissed him off , he scored and instead of celebrating he goes and grapples with the dude 

Quinn's loss doomed the Sabres season?

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Quinn along with Mittelstadt was oftentimes our best forward down the stretch last year.

21 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

He is such a joy.  He really is having fun out there.

Come all without...

Come all within...

You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn!

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Okposo needs to be in a rotation, he can't play every game. I think Bryson and Comrie need to be waived. Robinson I keep until he makes me want to sit him. Rosen and Jost are obvious players to leave the lineup. 

The Sabres have to get rid of 2 forwards and a defender and a goalie to add those 4 players back. Jost, Rosen, Comrie, and Bryson. 

The temptation will immediately be to reunite JJP-Cozens-Quinn, but I think I'd let the surging JJP go to work with Mitts (moreso than Benson).

If all healthy: TNT line, then JJP-Mitts-Greenway, Benson-Cozens-Quinn, and Girgs-Krebs-Robinson/Okposo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

Juggernaut in progress. Your Buffalo Sabres.

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Because he gets to pick the song I guess. I’ve had the same thought many times.  It would be great.  😊 

Maybe he's never heard of it.  Kids today 

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Quinn's loss doomed the Sabres season?

Adams expecting Olofsson to step up and fill in for him did.   Quinn is a key component of the top 9 

7 hours ago, French Collection said:

Are you his agent? 

idk where you get this from. I never saw it. imo he was nowhere near Benson (even after a year in Rochester) than where Benson already is at a younger age. I see very little comparison at all. I also thought last year (and said it) that Peterka looked like the one with more potential on that Quinn Cozens Peterka line. 

Now I'm not saying Quinn won't eventually be good. He could be. I just don't remember this big impact you and some others seem to feel he had last year. Just another kid with a lot to learn imo. We will see how he is post injury. It's not any easy injury to bounce back from in a sport that involves a lot of stress and strain on ankles but time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Now I'm not saying Quinn won't eventually be good.

I agree with most of what you said (specifically with JJ vs Quinn), but 37 points in 75 games on less than 14 minutes ATOI during your age 21 rookie season already makes you good.

Is he this team’s missing roster piece and a real game changer? I don’t think so. But let’s not make it sound like Quinn isn’t already a good hockey player. The real question is whether he’ll ever be considered a great hockey player. He’s already good.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Off topic but how the hell isn't Tage's goal song TNT by ACDC? 

the whole crowd  chanting " oi, oi, oi"

TNT im dynamite

TNT I'll win fight

TNT  im a power load 

TNT watch me explode 

The players pick their songs.  I would do away with that, and hire a better crew to enhance and rev up the game day experience. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.